“Wonderful room after a long day of driving!”

Comfort Suites Saskatoon
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I would drive back to Saskatoon just to stay here! Wonderful hot tub, pool with a waterslide, fresh fruit at the front desk. Breakfast was the usual Choice hotel breakfast. The rooms are HUGE!!! Wall mounted TV which swiveled to the couch or to the bed. Nice desk area! HUGE bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Hello Mary G and thank you for your 5 star review! It's always nice to receive them but to hear that you'd drive back here from North Dakota - well, that says a lot and we apprecaite you telling everyone! This has become "the go-to-place" for reviews and it's always great to see the good ones outweigh the "not-so-good" ones!

Come back up here again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I everytime we are in the area we always stay in this hotel the staff are amazing and so accomidating they surprise me everytime we forget something they seem to have it, beautiful romantic spacious upscale rooms very clean, fairly ok breakfast good pool I recomend this hotel to everyone I wouldn stay anywhere else I love this hotel it's quiet clean rooms defiantly will stay here time and time again n again

• Stayed: August 2014
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Hello Jessie779 and thank you for posting the 5 star review for us here. We are very proud of our hotela dn our team and love to receive the feedback such as this. Thank you! Looking forward to welcoming you back here one day soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Don"t make any plans to use the hide a bed to sleep on, Horrible ! The springs grab you! When we called the front desk it was like to bad.. They have a great complimentary breakfast but get there well before ten, because they lock the doors and the fridge and remove the coffee at 10 sharp. We also found out that the confirmation call prior to check out also meant phone cut off. Its like ok we have your $ now so you are out of here. My parents owned a hotel in Saskatoon, and their main concern was customer satisfaction, which in turn brought return business. I guess things have changed , now $ 1st. and because of location with being on the doorstep of CUC , anything goes. I know staff is only as good as the management.

Room Tip: Bring a air mattress if you are entertaining using the hide a bed!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Hello grammagogo2014 and thank you for posting your review on here. I'm so sorry you did not find the hide-a-bed very comfortable. I know they are not as comfy cozy as our plush pillowtop mattresses on the beds. We are currently in the process of reviewing alternative mattresses for the hide-a-beds. Yes, the complimentary breakfast bar does have specific opening and closing times. Weekdays is 6.30am - 9.30am and weekends and Holidays is from 7am - 10am. Yes, you are correct, the fridges are re-stocked and locked and coffee is put away at the end of breakfast so that the room is cleaned and prepped for the following day. Of course, our complimentary coffee bar in the lobby is available 24/7 so I'm sure you were able to make use of that also.

I'm unsure what you mean by "the cofirmation call prior to check in means phone cut off" - we do open all long distance and international phones lines for guests paying by credit card and can do so also for debit paying guests should they wish to leave a deposit. Local calls are free and the lines are always open for all our guests to make room-to-room calls and local calls.

As with your parents when they owned a hotel here in the city - Customer Satisfaction is the number one priority for us and again I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. We do hope you will give us a chance to "wow" you again in the near future

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I had never even heard of this hotel but we were having problems finding a room at our regular hotels and decided to go with Hotwire. Turns out we may have found our new "go to" hotel for family travel in saskatoon. Check in was a breeze. I was a little concerned about potential noise when I saw our room was outside the elevator AND over the front door but it was very quiet. I was not even sure what type of room we had booked a was thrilled to see a comfy king sized bed after a week of travelling. The room and all parts of thus hotel was very clean and I was thrilled it is all a smoking free facility. We didn't get to the pool until a little late and the great staff left the water slide on later than 9 which was nice. Besides complementary breakfast, there is also a complementary tea and coffee station in the lobby so our evening was capped with a warm tea before bed. I gave a three start for location as this hotel is right beside CUC which may be perfect for some travellers. Because of location, I likely wouldn't stay here for business travel but would absolutely stay again for pleasure travel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello kateb33 and thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel. So glad to hear we are your new "fave place in 'Toon Town"! You'd be surprised how many business travellers we have here so maybe you may want to consider us for business trips also! We look forwar dto welcoming you back on all your trips to Saskatoon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our family (3 kids: 5, 7, 12), along with grandma, thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay. The 6 of us fit and slept comfortably in our large, clean, suite with 2 queen beds and a hide-a-bed. The kids loved the pool - especially the fast, spiral waterslide! Our breakfast was wonderful with many options to choose from. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would gladly stay here again. Thank you for a delightful stay!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sheri H

Hello Sheri H and thank you for posting your 5 star review here - you are certainly not alone with the 5 stars and we, truly appreciate all the reviews we receive here. I'm glad to see you enjoyed yourselves and also glad to see that you were comfortable in the room - the double queen rooms with the hide-a-bed are definitley popular with families and it's always nice for others to read that, yes, families of 6 can be comfortable in these rooms! Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels, this one really is a gem. It is new, just opened in 2013. The rooms are clean and spacious. It is a 100% smoke free hotel. My kids love to waterslide, they find this waterslide to be one of the best they have ever been on (in a hotel). The free breakfast is excellent, lots of options - something for everyone. The staff are friendly and professional. It is close to Credit Union Centre (Sask Place). I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Hello dhschatz and thank you for your 5 star review. I know it's not due to the easiest of circumstances that you have been recently staying with us, but I am very pleased to hear that you are comfortable when you are with us and can enjoy the facilities to the fullest. We look forward to making your stay "COMFORTable" each and every time you are back with us.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised - nice location, great amenities and reasonable price for a family of 5. The free breakfast was definitely something we always look for in a hotel and it had your standard fare. Having a waterslide was a bonus too. I would recommend this for anyone travelling through Saskatoon as an overnighter or for a destination.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HelenaHK2014

Hello HelenaHK2014 and thank you for your 5 star review! It's always a great pleasure for our team to read such positivity and see that our guests are enjoying themselves. Of course, it also helps future guests know how superb our hotel is - so thank you once again!

We hope to see you again here very soon