“Great Team Hotel”

Comfort Suites Saskatoon
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our 3 ringette teams have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Our parents loved the hotel and all that it came with. The rooms were spacious with very comfortable beds and pillows. Very clean and well kept. The breakfast area was large with a good variety of food. The conference room was excellent for all our needs and your staff was very helpful and pleasant. We would definitely consider staying at the hotel again next year if we attend the tournament.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hello Dwayne and thank you for posting. So glad to hear the great comments and happy we could accommodate everyone's needs. Don't wait for another tournament to come and visit us!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a fabulous stay. Extremely clean hotel, comfortable beds, great triple sheeting, relaxing sitting area in every room our family had. Large family came for a wedding, all requests were accommodated with a smile. Travelling with a quadriplegic and the handicap accessible room was fabulous!! Every member of the Comfort Suite team that we encountered was smiling, friendly and wanting to make our stay memorable. Thank you!! Close to Tim Hortons and Costco. Easy to get to from airport and easy to get anywhere in city from the hotel. Fabulous treat for Choice Privilege elite members.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello TravellingMomma_42 - so glad to read your review. Thank you for posting. Glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and we hope to welcome you back again one day soon

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

New, clean, great service, awesome free breakfast.
Best of all, most comfortable beds!!!
Like the microwave and minifridge too.
Thanks for all your kindness during our stay from the entire Cote Families during our stay while our mom was in pallative care/cancer unit in U of S for 2 and 1/2 weeks in October 2013.

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello Cote family! So glad we could provide a comfortable place for you all each night (or day!) to rest up after the hospital visits. Thinking of you all

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Thanks to Sally and her staff for looking after our team of players and parents this past weekend, You were very gracious with our schedule, especially considering our very early mornings and we appreciate the extra lengths you went to. Thank you for your part in our gold medal!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Arin B - we thoroughly enjoyed having your teams here and we're so glad to hear that the girls won gold (You know it was all down to the waffles at breakfast, right?!). See you again soon

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I decided to stay at the Comfort Suites because my husband and son were going to a Blades game and my daughter and I wanted to do some shopping. When I called to book a room the lady on the phone asked what the reason for our stay was and when I told her we were going to the Blades game and she gave us a 15% discount for the "skate and stay" rate. The location was nice and close so the boys could walk back to the hotel and we could take the vehicle. We were very impressed with the rooms. They had fridges and microwaves and the beds were very comfortable. We did want to rent a movie but the TV was not set up to order any Pay per View movies. After the hockey game was over my husband and son wanted to go for a quick swim even though the pool was closing in 10 minutes. The man taking care of the pool allowed them to come in and even stayed open for an extra 15 minutes. Breakfast was great and everything was very clean. The only thing I would have liked to see is some sort of clothes line in the shower to hang wet dripping bathing suits. The curtain rod is curved so when you hang them up they drip all over the floor. I know not many hotels have this but it's just a suggestion. The staff was great and it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello Becky H - it's so nice to see your review here - thank you! I know so many consumer use this site now and we appreciate the feedback as much as they do. Glad to hear you gals enjoyed your shopping day out as the boys enjoyed their hockey game (go Blades!) and so glad we could help you out with a discount (we're not just being nosey when we ask you what brings you to town - we're always looking out for you!)

Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm actually currently staying at this hotel as I write and if I hadn't done the prepaid non refundable rate I would NOT still be staying here. The hotel itself is nice. The staff I had encountered up until this afternoon had been kind and accommodating. I came here with my 4 month old, 2 1/2 year old and 6 year old to visit my husband while he is in Saskatoon working. He works from 6 am till 8 pm so i decided to book a hotel with a pool and waterslide to help keep the kids busy during the day. Well we went down to the pool today where we were told that my middle boy was not able to go down the slide without me holding him since he did not reach the 42 inch line. unfortunately with a 4 month old that isn't possible.(we frequently stay at hotels at least once a month across Canada and have never had this issue) I was also told that even though my 6 year old was well over the line he was not able to take him down either. I then read the "rule board". All it stated was children under 42 inches required adult supervision, which can be very loosely interpreted. I then left the pool and stopped by the desk to ask if this was a usual rule as no where did it say he couldn't go by himself.I was then told by a rather unfriendly woman that he was not even allowed on the slide at all! She gave me this big speal about how it was due to new laws. I then asked her if the website specifically said this. She then in a snotty voice told me "no. you're telling me you only booked this hotel for him(refering to my 2 1/2 year old) to use the waterslide?" and this person works in the customer service/hospitality industry?!?! Extremely disappointed as yes I only booked this hotel so BOTH my kids could enjoy the waterslide and would have otherwise enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Meg3ABC
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello Meg3ABC and thank you for posting your comments on here. So many consumers these days use this forum to review their stay and it certainly does help new and returning guests when making a choice to stay at a particular hotel or eat in a particular restaurant to see and hear both sides of the story. We welcome all feedback and take it very seriously.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise as you felt I was "rather unfriendly and had a snotty voice." You are correct in that I am in Customer Service and have been for over 30 years and it is never my intention to be unfriendly or use a different voice than the one I have or indeed use a "snotty voice". I am British and regardless of how many years I have lived away from England, I can't change my accent. Whilst you may feel that it is "snotty" it's just the way I speak and sound and am not able to change my voice.

As far as the rules and regulations regarding the pool and waterslide etc., go - I was merely trying to explain to you that as unfortunate as it is for your family's situation, the rules are the rules and we do abide by them. You mentioned you have never encountered this in any other hotel in Canada and I attempted to explain that the rules and regulations currently in place are new to Saskatchewan as of January 1st, 2013. They are also unique to this Province. The minimum height aspect of the waterslide riders is determined by the manufacturers of the waterslide itself. Again, we do abide by these rules as the safety and security of our guest is of paramount importance. It is not our place agree or disagree with the rules, standards and procedures set forth by the Saskactchewan Public Health Dreprtment - it is merely our duty and responsbility to ensure that we abide by then which in turn keeps our swimmers safe.

I do hope that this has clarifed the situation and we truly hope you will be able to visit us again soon and make full use of the pool, hot-tub and waterslide facilities.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stay here every time I come to Saskatoon which is 3-4 times per month. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. Beds are perfect! Gym is great - the fitness equipment works. The staff go out of their way to accommodate all requests. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I can't comment on the food but it's there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hello NickyEric - thank you so much for this 5* review - it's what we strive for every day and we thank you for being part of our climb to reach the Number 1 position. I'm glad to hear you enjoy your stay - but you really should try our breakfast the next time you are in town! We look forward to welcoming you back soon