“Will quickly go down hill because management doesn't care:(”

Comfort Suites Saskatoon
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatchewan
“Will quickly go down hill because management doesn't care:(”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in march and the front desk attendant was less than friendly and the free coffee they offer you is locked in a room because we were told the hockey players steal cereal and whatever else they could.. Coffee was supposed to be made every half hour it sure wasn't.. Rooms are nice and spacious but expensive for what you don't get as during the week the water slide is not open apparently because they don't have a bar or resteraunt attached which you aren't told over the phone at time of booking.. Also we forgot something at the main desk and never got a phone call saying they had found it we had to call and ask.. Also the cards don't work on the side doors they aren't even hooked up.. Should not have been open until all the little things were fixed and ready to go.. Email was not acknowledged either with concerns... Wouldn't stay again... Better than the motel 6 but only because of the room size not price... Cooperate rate only works when they want to give it to you ..

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank sweetmomsaskatchewan
GM-CS_SASK, General Manager at Comfort Suites Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for the review! You have made a lot of points which are worthy of an explanation and if you'd be kind enough to contact us directly, I'd be more than happy to respond to them

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

my first stay at the Comfort Suites in Saskatoon. the hotel is recently new and is great. In reading some other reviews, yes, the parking lot was a mud hole today. The snow is finally starting to melt here and they haven't had the weather yet to be able to pave. Small problem to get a great hotel room. I travel to Saskatoon monthly from the states and am here two night each trip. in 2012, i spent over 150 nights in hotels on business in states and Canada. I have been very disappointed in the hotels locally. This one makes me actually look forward to coming here now. I think i've finally found a hotel room that has everything I value in a business hotel. Not something you get very often if at all. You can't beat a very comfortable king suite at my rate this trip of 119 per night. sitting area with sofa and chair, fridge and microwave, large TV, good work desk with very comfortable chair with access to 7 power outlets right here at the desk. never seen so many so close to the desk before in any hotel states or Canada. I'm still looking for something wrong with the hotel or the room and other than parking lot which will be fixed when weather improves, i can't find anything to gripe about. This will be my Saskatoon hotel from now on.

Room Tip: My first visit here. The room I have is on 2nd floor, facing the highway. I have no problem with t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! You're helping us make our way to the top of this TripAdvisor ladder and we hope to welcome you back again soon
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel has all the amenitties for a great rest and play visit. Lots of parking in what was a huge mud hole while I was there. We had a resservation for two adults two children and a dog. We were all covered in mud by the time we made it to the front desk. Once at the front desk we were told that our room would be another 45 minutes as all pets were to be on the first or second floor. An hour plus later one of our little ones had fallen in the ice mud gravel parking lot scraped his leg and embedded gravel in his little hands he was covered in ice cold puddle water. He was a little tropper and just wanted to get to the pool. we were then checked in on the fourth floor???? Every one we encountered at this hotel seemed to know what they were supposed to do but just could not execute their duties. There was a language barrier with much of the staff. Our dog was $ 25:00 a night ,this is higher than the usaal ten to fifteen we have paid, the doggy treat bag was nice. I would stay here again if and when the area is landscaped. Proffesional front desk staff would have made our visit more agreeable.

1 Thank greg v
Thank you for your review! You have raised a lot of points which I'd be happy to address if you'd be kind enough to contact me directly at the hotel. You will see that the majority of reviews on this site for our hotel, are positive so you points do concern me. Thank you
Hussar Alberta Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great place to stay. Very good beds and pillows. We had a very quiet room. the continental breakfast was very good and had a good variety. I would recommend this Hotel to friends and family. we will stay here again when the opportunity arises.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Pulled up, stepped out, slipped on the ice at front entrance. We told front desk, got no indication she cared and fed us an excuse even after we said the elderly and children may hurt worse than I did, and I am no spring chicken either. I suffered a sprained shoulder, back thrown out, bruising and some aggravated pain. Sent an email to the gm showing pics, her name was Sally, she was less than cordial. Sally said that the ice was salted before my incident, then after. However, these pics were taken after the fall, showing no indication it was salted. Thus, the gm is covering up, thus could care less, got our money. These people treated us like one in a million, meaning we are one among millions and since we are not deserving of individualized respectful treatment, they could care less. We hope no children or elderly injure themselves on these unsafe grounds. Be careful, they don't!

2 Thank Daniel R
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Usually when booking hotel rooms in Saskatoon for a short business trips I find that I am always missing something, be it a large enough desk, nice TV, or comfortable bed. In this hotel, none of that was missed. Great bed, large spacious rooms, refrigerator, microwave, couch, work chair and large workspace/desk. Perfect for everything I needed and to feel comfortable. True the location is not as ideal as some would prefer but the price was great and an extra few minutes to get where I needed to be was no big deal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: They have a decent continental breakfast from 6:30am to 9:00am
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris L
Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here with 2 kids under 3 yrs old. The suite was plenty big enough to let them run around and burn off any built up energy after a day of travel. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and new. Pool looked nice, but was being filled the day we were there. Laundry facilities could have used vending machines dispensing laundry soap as well. I just chalked the pool/laundry up to the hotel being brand new and didn't let it take away from the visit. My 3 yr old gave the ultimate stamp of approval though. I tucked him in, and found him exactly the same way the next morning. His bed was comfortable enough that he didn't toss and turn at all, which is unheard of for him.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family