“Bring your bike to Saskatoon”
Review of Meewasin Valley

Meewasin Valley
Ranked #3 of 79 things to do in Saskatoon
Legal, Canada
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Bring your bike to Saskatoon”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was in Saskatoon for 5 days and brought my bike for this stay. I really enjoyed the trails and the tressel bridge. Lots of benches, but I was looking for a picnic table to sit at with my books to study. Could use a few more picnic tables on the ends of the trails.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JeannieSmallTown

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Scenic River Walk”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful way to spend a few minutes or a couple of days relaxing and taking in the scenery, wildlife and ambiance of a hinterland within a city.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank LouCHRP
Saskatoon, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The jewel of Saskatoon”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have lived in Saskatoon for over 40 years. The "centre piece" of the city is the beautiful and scenic Meewasin Valley and riverbank. There are endless kilometers of trail winding up and down both East and West sides of the river linked by numerous bridges. The view is breath taking from all vantage points but especially atop of the 33rd St steel train tressel. As mentioned by others, it is scenic, peaceful and fun with wide open spaces for cycling, jogging and walking. Also numerous attrations along the way.

6 Thank Bryon M
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Peaceful beauty in the city...”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Long, luxurious paths. Well-maintained. Walking, biking, pets - in general very friendly and a feeling of openness. On a sunny day you cannot beat the scenic views.

2 Thank JeffPB
Calgary
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“lovely walk”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband & I had a lovely walk along the Meewasin Valley Trail from just north of the Delta Bessborough Hotel to the Meewasin Valley Centre. I wasn't expecting much but ended up being pleasantly surprised. The walk along the river is beautiful. Good paved trail, lots of view points & quite clean. I did have to stop & pick up several pieces of litter off the path & carry them to the nearest trash receptacle. Why do take-out coffee drinkers feel they can leave their used cups anywhere they happen to be when they finish? There were several interesting statues along the way & we got a great look at the little paddlewheeler on the water. I enjoyed our visit to the Meewasin Valley Centre. A good mixture of information, both historical & current. We learned lots about the history of Saskatoon. I only wish we had walked further along the trail & not forgotten the camera. Oh well, there's always next time!

4 Thank dibkitty