“Warm+comfortable+hospitable+breakfast of champions= excellent!”

Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Saskatoon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Canada
“Warm+comfortable+hospitable+breakfast of champions= excellent!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I had just left Edmonton for the first leg of our exceptionally long drive back to Montreal. We were supposed to drive to Yorkton, but the heater in our car conked out, and we decided to get that looked at ASAP. Nobody likes to freeze to death driving across Canada. Saskatoon was our next major stop, so we thought we might as well get a place to stay. My boyfriend suggested checking out tripadvisor, whereupon I found Glacier Park B&B. So very very glad I did.

Debbie was friendly on the phone, and actually made a generous exception to have us stay so close after Christmas (December 27th). Most B&Bs that we have encountered on our journey are closed until after the New Year, which makes sense with all the family activities and general merriment. I asked Debbie if she could recommend a mechanic for the car, and her husband Bill was able to tell us where one was located (with directions).

After we arrived at Glacier Park, we were greeted warmly and welcomed with open arms. Debbie promptly put on some tea (which was great because I couldn't feel my extremities), and invited us down into the living room to thaw out. The fire was going, I had blankets, and I got to relax in the Lay-z-boy.

Beds were amazing. They have blanket warmers. I was warmer than a pizza pocket coming out of the oven, and snug as a bug in a rug. :) Breakfast was UNREAL. Continental is not a word you will hear at this place. We had fresh waffles with berries, greek yogurt, homemade sausage, juice and coffee. It was honestly fantastic. I would have ordered it in a restaurant.

The warmth of the hosts is exceptional. If I ever pass through Saskatoon again, I would stay here in a heartbeat. Thank you Debbie and Bill!!! We made it safe to Montreal! Happy New Year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary H
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how interesting this business is. Last week, on my day off, the phone rang and there YOU were. As I heard your situation I knew, without a doubt, that you would be a wonderful and uplifting guest! Sure enough and we got 'double-the dose', when you both arrived. Thank you so much for sharing your evening with us, We enjoyed hearing about your "journey's" and discoveries, your travels around the world and in your faith.
I am so pleased that I answered your ring, the heck with days off!
Until later, Sweet Dreams
Debbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at Glacier Park B & B for a whole month! When I initially sought out a bed and breakfast, I was only looking for a warm meal and a comfortable bed. I can tell you, I got a whole lot more than that from Glacier Park (plus the beds are warm and the breakfasts are delicious too!)

Deb and Bill are so friendly! From the moment I walked through the door I felt comfortable around them. It wasn't long before I felt like one of the family. As a student, it was nice to be able to have a quiet room to study but great friendly people to talk to when I needed a break. They are very interesting people with fascinating stories to tell about their past experiences - I'll let them tell you about those in case you visit :)

The house is very clean and the rooms and bathroom are always clean and well-stocked. There is ample street parking and it's in a quiet neighbourhood close to the university and many other amenities.

Because I work nights, it is sometimes difficult to sleep during the day with all the light - I couldn't believe it when Deb made a new "black-out" blind for me so that the room would be dark during the day!

When it was time to go home I had very mixed feelings - I was happy to be headed home to see my family but I felt like I was leaving some new family behind too. I guess that's just shows you the impact they had on me in just a short time. I'm actually hoping to head back next summer so I can learn some woodcarving from Bill in his shop.

You will not regret it if you choose Glacier Park B and B when you visit Saskatoon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe M
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Well Joe, you were not gone for 12 hours and Bill and I felt like "one of the boys" had left home. There is a certain empty feeling, even today, as I write this response. You are an open, kind, considerate, accommodating person. Willing to invest your time, energy and heart into those around you, no matter how short a time it may be. Thank you for your review, your words are kind and generous.
Bill and I were blessed to have you here and share our lives and time with you, as will those you work with and treat. God's continued blessing on your training and future career. We look forward to updates and pictures of you and your family, including Daisy.
Enjoy the hockey tournie, I know it will go well.
Cadiz, Spain
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I really recommend this wonderful place...they made me feel confortable at home and peace..is the best way to know how canadian people live. Wonderfull breakfast.. and wonderful couple.
Realmente recomiendo este lugar para hospedarse...una pareja MARAVILLOSA en todos los sentidos..tipica familia canadiense, habitaciones muy acogdoras.. lugar tranquilo, limpio, desayuno impresionante...EL MEJOR SITIO EN SASKATOON...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank machela01
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Machela
During your visit in our home, you introduced me to Spain and it's beauty! You shared your love of, not only your home country but also your love of Canada. I have learned to appreciate and love Canada even more since we opened the B&B and you added to that appreciation.

Thank you for sharing your time, your journey, your vibrancy and beauty with us.
Blessings to you and yours.
Debbie
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped for two nights at the Glacier Park in September 2012. We found it not only first-rate accommodation but a very pleasant social experience. The facilities were most satisfactory and the breakfasts excellent but the more important thing was the hosts. Bill and Debbora are not only good hosts but extremely interesting people. They added much to our visit to Saskatoon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry D
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
L/R
It was grand having you stay with us, Bill and I both enjoyed the time we sat with you and visited. On top of that, even more fun, was your quick and delightful sense of humour. Pleased you are home safe and warm.
Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a new comer to Saskatoon I couldn't have got a better place for my family then Glacier Park Bed&Break Fast. Its located in a nice peaceful location,beautiful house and a lovely couple Deb and Bill as your host. The services are excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the break fast is awesome made out of fresh food.
Any immigrants coming to Saskatoon should stay at this lodge as the hosts have a lot of wisdom which can make your settlement process very fast and effective.I came to Saskatoon as a newcomer and I got a lot of settlement guidance l from Deb and Bill without which my settlement experience would have been a lot rougher.
The most important thing is the hosts are very caring, generous and treat you as a part of the family.If you want to make your visit to Saskatoon memorable, please dont think twice GLACIER PARK B&B is the place to make your self at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
AR and R
What a time you have had! Coming to Canada, jetlag, new food, new city/bus system, different shopping/groceries, government papers, hospitalization papers, SIN numbers, job application, schooling, kindergarten, housing, blah blah blah. Good gracious, you have done a fantastic job of settling in, and in such a short amount of time.
Both Bill and I are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you as friends/family.
God's continued blessings on your endeavors..
Schenefeld, Germany
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Glacier Park Bed&Breakfast offers you everything.
I just had the greatest, most awesome stay one could ever have.
The hosts are warm-hearted and care for you all the time.
The meal is great and hand-made and fresh daily.
Located in a quiet and neat area it does not take long to get to downtown - maybe half an hour by walk.
The rooms are nice and big, the bathroom offers more than everything.
Everything is very clean and neat yet you could enjoy the friendly and familiar atmosphere of this place.
If I will ever come back to Saskatoon, definitely I am going to stay here again.
I would honestly recommend the B&B to all kinds of people.

Room Tip: all rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Nat. What a delight to have you with us in ToonTown. You were delightful to have as a guest. We admire your fortitude while you travel across this vast land. Enjoy the east side of Canada.
You missed the snow by three days, we are now in a winter wonderland, it is Beautiful.
Until the next time, Blessings and safe Travel
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Glacier Park B&B holds a special place in my heart. Prior to Glacier Park B&B being founded, I was lucky enough to find myself to be one of its first occupants as I worked my way through a grueling final 2 years of an engineering degree. Debbie & Bill offered their home to me and without their love and support i probably wouldn't be where I am today. Now that I am a successful professional, I wouldn't dream of staying any where else whenever I have to return to Saskatoon for business. Every night that you stay at this B&B is like stepping into a "home away from home". The love filled atmosphere of their home cannot be matched and Mr & Mrs J. (Bill & Debbie) cook one heck of meal for breakfast to get your day started. They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I cannot wait until I able to return for another visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EricFesta
Debbie J, Owner at Glacier Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Hello Calgary! E and M.
What joy, this morning, to see your review come thru my account. Thank you so much for all the great times. Bill and I look forward to each of your visits, catching up with news and sharing many a laugh. Thanks for all the times you have made this place, your "home away from home".
with love