“Good food and nice atmosphere”

Rock Creek Tap & Grill
Ranked #221 of 688 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We describe ourselves as a kicked up casual restaurant with bar area. Kicked up reflects the innovation and flavours of our menu in a modern yet unpretentious atmosphere. Rock Creek can be enjoyed on date night , after work socializing , watch the game , girls night out......or just about any reason to have a great time. We are a Saskatchewan born restaurant company that we are proud to have you experience. We look forward to being of service!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in Saskatoon for business and also visited some family. I wanted to take my Mom out for Mother's Day (despite it being after Mother's Day) and let her choose the restaurant. She choose the westside location of Rock Creek Tap & Grill.

My Mom had the steak sandwich which she has had before and I had the jambalya. Mom, enjoyed her steak sandwich very much and I though the jambalya was ok. It was not bad but I thought it had too much tomato sauce base for my liking.

It had nice decor and the service was good.

I gave the overall rating of very good because it was conveniently located, clean, nice decor and good service. I would give it a higher rating if I had enjoyed my dish more.

There are newer reviews for Rock Creek Tap & Grill

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. We sat in the lounge and it was fairly quiet. This appears to be a newly built restaurant. Our party ordered the gouda/spinach dip; individual pizza, steak sandwich, and jambalaya. Everyone enjoyed their meals and were quite full. Meals prices were average for a restaurant of that type - a la Moxie's, etc. I'd return simply for the inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Well, it was interesting. At first I thought that any place that had Guiness and Rickard's White on tap couldn't be all bad. Seemed reasonable at the time. We had high expectations. Then the food came. Chicken tacos were so-so at best and we no where close to hot. The Blu Burger was good but it must have been a bad night for the grilled ceasars - which are really just a romaine grove drizzled in dressing with a couple of hard croutons and some spice. Not particularly fresh and really on the low side of mediocre. So, all in all, average is the best that I can do. Its casual, comfortable, good bar and nice decor but at the end - well, its just another chain doing what chains seem to do - serve average food with no real flair. Server was a nice kid but not nice enough to think about a return visit any time soon.

2  Thank Roger P
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been to the one in Regina and it was very good. Have gone to the one in Saskatoon about 4 or 5 times now. The brunch is delicious, service okay but don't go for supper. Overdone food that was all the same taste. Nothing stood out other than the size of the flattened shrimp and that was extra small! Very disappointing! Seriously will not be returning for supper! Sorry but it's true....& we dine out a lot and in a lot of different places.

1  Thank Tammy K
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had lunch ordered the chicken and fries. Fries were reheated and nor fresh . Chicken was hard not tender as if it to had been reheated as well. I would expect this at a fast food outlet but not for the price one pays at this place.
Would not go back