“Great flavours”

Poached Breakfast Bistro
Ranked #12 of 697 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast restaurant in the same building as Flint Saloon in the evenings
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Is Sunday morning, almost noon.
Drove past looking for this place.
Is a hole in the wall from the front. Tiny signage. Long narrow n a bit loud.
Wait was approx 30mins.
Service was excellent from the time we entered and continued throughout.
I had the French omlette n my wife had the butter crunch omlette.
Both presented well.
I enjoyed the fresh taste n combination of the flavors.
Very much recommend this place

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been there a few times and have been impressed with the service and more so of the food. This little place downtown I have been driving by for years and never went in before. Now it is about the only breakfast place I will go to.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were so pleased with our breakfast last Sunday- we arrived about 9:00ish and had no trouble getting a table but it filled up fast- not a very large establishment- rather snug quarters but the food makes up for it........soooo tasty. I had the eggs benedict, portions were a bit deceiving, it didn't look like much but I left very full. I can't remember the name of my husbands dish(I wish I could) but it was eggs, bacon, potato,toast etc. The potato looked like coquettes, the bacon was rolled up with maybe a bit of a maple sugary coating.......it was all so good he wasn't very generous when it came time to share. Any chance to go the extra mile or put a different spin on regular food was taken at this busy little place. The service was just fine, the food was served promptly. Next time I go I might try the crab cakes.........

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The atmosphere in Poached is elegant yet relaxed. The food is to die for. Fourty years of exploring reasons not to cook at home and Poached is the very best one yet. Sorry that they don't take reservations - I'd reserve my Saturday table for a year!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Open only until 1.45! Late enough for even me to be up and about for a scrumptious breakfast. Had the french toast with pear, cheese and maple. HEAVEN. Friends had the Benedict and Blue cheese pear crepes. Al of which was really brilliantly executed and beautifully plated. Hot when it arrived.
I asked for normal tea - the Brittish kind, in a pot with milk. They had a teapot! She understood real milk - NOT long lasting creamy sterilized little containers which is packaged for coffee. This indeed is a RARE occurrence everywhere in Canada.
Small menu with great items is lovely, soft way of waking up - not too many choices to start your day with!