“Great 9/10 times!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great 9/10 times!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Every time I have went to the Saigon II it is absolutely spot on!!! The food is absolutely fabulous!!! I would recommend it to anyone and have.
With two small kids I always try to go in before or after the lunch hour rush. The last time we were there it was about 11:30-12:30. Man! I really hate to complain but the food wasn't as good as it usually is. The noodle bowl was lacking a few ingredients and it was just off. And they were never so happy to push us out the door ASAP! They are usually so friendly and welcoming but I was disappointed.
I will go back because really 9/10 is a great rating!!!! :) But next time I will do my usual and not hit the lunch hour rush (if I have my kids with me).

1 Thank Bergs_Bees

Prince Albert, Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I'll echo the three other reviews on here and say we love this restaurant, and have for years and years! It's almost as unassuming as can be on the outside and the inside, but the food and service are beyond compare. Always very fast and efficient, the food is fresh and very tasty, and it's great value. I'll add the Beef Rice Noodle Soup and Vietnamese Rolls to the previous lists of favourites, but we've never come across a bad dish, period!
Take heed, by noon the place is packed; half the tables are reserved in advance so you really have to be early to get what's left!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Skiwithjill
Saskatchewan
“All time favourite place! FOR 16 YEARS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I can't believe it has taken me so long to write a review about Saigon II?! This is BY FAR my most favourite restaurant in Saskatoon. This is my go-to-place. When I lived in S'toon I went frequently and since I moved I return as often as I can. It has been consistently excellent forever. The service is always good. Sometimes dishes don't all arrive together or in a logical order but I don't care. YOU MUST ORDER: Satay shrimp or rice noodle or coconut chicken an rice noodle or dry pork on rice noodle. SO GOOD!!! Can't find another satay dish as good.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank wns141
Saskatoon, Canada
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. Did not have a reservation, so it was a good thing we happened to go a little early. By 12:15, the place was packed. Had shimp on rice noodle and pan fried chicken on rice noodle. Both dishes were quickly served. Food was hot and tasted fresh. Would come back here again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Can_Cancun
Saskatoon, Canada
“Our “Go to” Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

This has been our go to place for years in Saskatoon. Friendly staff, tasty food at an excellent price! Our favorites are the Vietnamese cold rolls, satay shrimp on rice, butter fried shrimp and chicken wings, beef with black bean sauce, coconut chicken. Yumm yumm!!!! If you go at lunch, be sure to make a reservation. We are currently in Vietnam and still looking for a restaurant that rivals Saigon II. :)

• Visited March 2012