“Excellent Pub Food, Great Value”
Review of Winston's

Winston's
Ranked #27 of 688 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent one night in Saskatoon on a recent trip, and had dinner at Winston's on the recommendation of the hotel desk clerk. The restaurant is centrally located in downtown, and is nicely decorated. It aims to be an authentic English pub, and hits the mark. Although I am not a beer drinker, the selection seemed good. The menu was mostly typical pub food (fish & chips, bangers & mash, etc). I had the fish and chips, which were excellent. Both were well cooked, deliciously seasoned, and arrived piping hot. Service was quick and friendly, and the prices were well below comparable restaurants in downtown. If you are looking for a tasty, casual dinner in Saskatoon, Winston's is an excellent choice.

There are newer reviews for Winston's

Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a lover of all things beer (I don't consider anything that comes in a can 'real beer', by the way), Winston's has long been my go to destination for a few drinks. They have the best selection in town, both on tap and by the bottle. They change their selection up often enough too that there's always something new to try.

With such a large selection, the task of selecting a brew can be daunting for the uninitiated (they don't have descriptions, just regions and names), but the staff is usually quite helpful.

As for food, I don't often order, but the few times I have, I've been pleasantly surprised. Good pub fare, overall. Wings and nachos are good, fish and chips are good (usually... if a bit greasy), but my favourite is their Strongbow pulled pork sandwich.

Now that they have the rooftop patio, Winston's has been even more of a draw. Sure, the service up there seems spotty at the best of times, but on a warm summer night, I don't mind having to run down to the bar occasionally for a bevy.

Overall, if you're looking for a brew with some friends, Winston's is a great choice.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having read good reviews, and being in the vicinity, we stopped in for lunch one Monday. We were so glad we did. They have an excellent selection of international beers and cider on tap in a very English pub setting. The food was great - good sandwiches and excellent salads. The service was quick and efficient, with a smile and even an English accent. The place was surprisingly quiet, and we quite enjoyed our meal. We will be back.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a fairly average golf course restaurant -- open, bright and friendly. I have been four or five times in the past year, for a combination of personal and business meals. The buffets are just okay -- nothing special, enough food, but no surprises. The sit-down dinners are fine, too, without being spectacular or particularly interesting. Safe, relaxing and comfortable -- a nice place to unwind with good friends and conversation. Not the best place in the city for a special event.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed dinner here last weekend- interesting pub fare, some items with an English flair and some with enough of a twist to make it a memorable menu. The burger I had was excellent, served on a 'pretzel' bun, the gravy had a pleasant variation to it's taste, the fries were crispy and everything was served steaming hot. Nothing on the menu wouldn't pair well with one of 100 beer available, a proven fact!! Environment is relaxed, dim- numerous TV's. Service was great- a pleasant lunch.