The James Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Delta Hotels Bessborough(Saskatoon)
Park Town Hotel(Saskatoon)
View Hotel
All reviewsturn down serviceeggs benedictboutique hotelthe rivergreat boutiquelobby barone bedroom suitemade to order eggsbreakfast roomfresh fruitskating rinkamazing hoteleach eveningthe penthousebottled watercity viewbreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times and love it. The service is great, the beds are to die for and the continental breakfast is very good. The lounge has great drinks, service, and ambiance. The price is high but worth it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I returned to the James Hotel for a summer weekend getaway in a Saskatoon. From the moment you walk in the door , the staff are attentive and professional. The location is perfect for enjoying the riverbank and the vibrant downtown.
The room are luxurious yet inviting. The breakfast is a delicious way to start your day.
We enjoyed both the view and the service at the lounge. We met the owner of the hotel and he also made the stay memorable. We definitely will be back to the James and we always highly recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Spent 3 nights at the James at the end of July. We had one of the studio suites with a separation between the bed and living room area. It also had a balcony overlooking the river. This was an extremely comfortable room and I'd rate it up with some of the finer hotels I've stayed at in much large cities around the US. the staff we encountered during our stay we're all very friendly and helpful land the breakfast included with the stay was freshly prepared and delicious. The bed was super comfortable. Also loved having a Keurig coffee machine in the suite. I highly recommend The James for anyone staying in Saskatoon and would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at the James on Saturday July 26th. The service was attentive, warm and thoughtful. I felt pampered by the staff. As a lone traveller I really appreciated this.

Check in was quick, parking is just outside the main entrance, and my room was modern and clean. My view sucked as it was of air exchange units and a parking lot, but I didn't expect one so I wasn't disappointed. I was just happy I had large windows that let in lots of light. The bed was super comfy, although their pillows are on the softer side which I'm not a fan of. During the night I could hear a bit of noise (water running thru pipes, doors opening and closing), but I don't think it was anything excessive or out of the ordinary for a hotel. I did take advantage of the deep soaker tub in the bathroom where the only negative thing about my room was. The bathroom was so small that the door could not open fully and hit the toilet. I found this very annoying, but other than that I was pleased with my accommodations.

The property is located right by the pathway system along the river. As a runner I found the hotel location perfect as I was able to start off my Sunday morning with a great run with some lovely scenery. When I got back to the hotel (all sweaty and exhausted) the desk employee took one look at me and asked if I would like some water and then went to get me an ice cold bottle of Dasani. Talk about service! After my run I enjoyed an impressive hot breakfast (no stale toast and old fruit at this place) of delicious sweet potato corn hash, fresh made omelette, fresh fruit, coffee and home made juice. The staff running the breakfast room were wonderful, and the lady making omelettes was especially friendly. Again I was very impressed.

Room Tip: If you absolutely need a nice view make sure to request a high floor with a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank SaskTina
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for our anniversary, and it was pretty damn nice. And I know my last review said the best bed ever was at the Marriott, but I'll admit it here -- I was wrong. The best bed ever is here, at the James Hotel. I even tried to figure out if there was a way I could possibly steal the thing (though that may have been because of the delicious cocktails served in the bar downstairs, making my judgement wobbly. How were they so good, James Hotel? HOW?).

The reason I don't give this place five stars? Well - despite the bed, the cocktails, the delicious afternoon dessert and the outstanding breakfast, there were a couple of things that just kinda bugged me.

1) River-view room.
Because we were staying for a couple of nights, we paid a little extra for a river-view room. I imagine if you're up higher than the 6th floor, the view of the river would be quite lovely. Alas, we were on the 4th floor -- and you really, honestly can't even see it from there. Not a huge thing, but as the plan was to sip champagne while looking at the view, it was a bit of a bummer.

2) The in-room noise.
It was genuinely weird to me how much I heard from other rooms -- water from the room next to us, hallway noise etc. I'm not talking conversations from adjoining rooms, but it was just surprising to me how much I *could* hear.

3) The packages.
My husband called to ask if we could get one of the special package deals they do at the hotel - and we wanted a river-view room. (Special occasion, see above). Alas, we could only get a package if we switched rooms halfway through our stay or swapped to a city-view room, neither of which we wanted to do. So that was a bummer also.

When I read other reviews of people picking on such niggly little details as these, I tend to ignore them. And that's fine. They are tiny details that, had it been a business trip or whatever, would not have bothered me in the least. And it's not like this ruined our getaway or anything, I'm just putting it out there for y'all.

And really, if you're looking for a place to stay in Saskatoon, this place is pretty darn wonderful and is close to loads of awesome eateries and bars.

Room Tip: If you want an actual river view, ask for something above the 4th floor. Not sure how high you'll have to go, but the 4th is definitely not it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple