“Superb!”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Lumsden, SK Canada
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

One of my favorite places to stay. Loved it so much we are returning next week for our 25th Anniversary! Stayed in suite overlooking the river with a great balcony. Linens and beds are luxurious. Breakfast was first class. Especially loved the smoothies - omelettes and strong coffee. Great service, checking in and out no hassle and great parking...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hezzie99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2013

One of the greatest features of this place is the personalized service and this also comes by default with the smaller sized property. Even though this is an old building, they did well with the upgrades and styling showing a high degree of craftsmanship. To top it off, this hotel actually gives you a great breakfast which helps offset the higher prices. I would value staying here again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very up to date. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. Complimentary breakfast was very good with a wide variety and high quality of food. There is a beautiful park just out the front doors. A nice walk along the river.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the James 3 times in June. Before I arrived the first time I emailed the hotel with my dietary restrictions for breakfast. Frankly, I am somewhat jaded regarding the lack of communications within hotel departments and didn't expect them to get it right the first time. But low and behold, at my first breakfast, without asking, they placed in front of me a platter containing all my requests. Needless to say I was impressed. I also liked the friendly staff, the beds, bedding, bar and amenities. After I left the first time they sent a survey and I complimented them on all of the above but I also said that I don't like decorative pillows placed against my clean linens. In my experience people throw them on the floor before bed and I don't want the bacteria they pick up where I am going to sleep. I suggested to them that they follow the example I have seen in other hotels of placing the decorative pillows at the foot of the bed. The next time I checked in that is EXACTLY where I found the decorative pillows! The James read their reviews, listen to their customers and have the systems to make it happen. I give them full marks!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Betty-Ann H
Vermilion, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for her birthday. Right from the moment we walked the staff was very helpful and professional. We stayed in a studio suite and it was amazing. Very cool layout and amazing bed and linens. The breakfast was very well put together. We will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pros:
- Location: right across the river. Within walking distance to restaurants, downtown, and the mall.
- Renovated hotel with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms.
- breakfast offers many options.
- nice bar on first floor with great food and drinks.
Cons:
None.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is very contemporary with a luxurious feel. There are great touches of luxury that makes you feel special and a complimentary buffet breakfast. We had the premium one bedroom suite. http://www.thejameshotel.ca/index.php/hotel-rooms-and-suites.html