“Amazing Hotel Experience!”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Littleton, Colorado
“Amazing Hotel Experience!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the first moment we walked in and were greeted by Blaine, I knew we made a great choice. Blaine was welcoming and throughout the weekend was very helpful and showed that he cared about the guests. We stayed in the Roderick Suite and it was spaceous, clean and had all of the comforts of home. The beds and sheets were the best, I've never felt softer sheets. The kitchenette was perfect for a hotel suite. There was a very nice view of the river, from all of the windows and balcony. Each morning, a hot breakfast was included. All of the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. This hotel really understands how to make your experience amazing!

(Side note: some comments refer to the expense of this hotel compared to others. I didn't see that much of a price difference, on the weekend when we visited, between this hotel and other quality hotels. You can't compare prices at the Motel 6 and Super 8 to these level of hotels. Keep in mind breakfast and parking were included in the price.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exuma-elkhorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The room, service, staff, amenities, cleanliness, view, food and outlets were of the highest quality and excellence. My husband and I live in Saskatoon and we were looking for 2 NIGHT AWAYS from the kids, or a "Stay cation" as we called it. The James Hotel made it the perfect getaway. The staff were friendly, efficient, and genuine, making our experience relaxing and wonderful. The HOTEL was breathtaking, as every detail, right down to the wood finishes on the doors, had been clearly considered to set the James apart from other Saskatoon hotels. The amenities, turn-down service touches, the elegant lounge, and the breakfast every morning were the perfect touches to make our stay PERFECTLY WONDERFUL. And the rooms....well beautiful does not do them justice. WOW!!!!! This is a MUST HOTEL to stay at, especially when getting away from the everyday hustle of life. It is an experience you will never forget!

Room Tip: A river-view is a must! The best view in town and it will make your Saskatoon experience so much be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I travel about 10 months a year for my career. The James is far above any hotel I stay in and is more comparable to the cleanliness, service, and expectations of renowned hotels in Tokyo. Everyone from the front desk staff, housekeeping, and breakfast room is sincerely kind and helpful, without going overboard. They welcome me by name and are always available without being intrusive. The rooms are quiet, well-appointed and have those little details that set the James apart from others: real coffee cups, wonderful robes, private balconies, living rooms, and nightly turn down service. After a long day, I look forward to coming back ... what snack will I get tonight? Cheesecake, mints, an apple? Book early as they fill up quickly, with good reason. True, it's more expensive than others in the area, but whether I'm needing to get work done in the evening or just relaxing on the sectional, it's worth the price and unbelievable quiet.

Room Tip: River view is wonderful and the extended stay suites have a fantastic kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank THEJetSetGirl
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I typically stay at other hotels in the area, but this time my options were either the Motel 6, Super 8 or The James. Obviously there is a huge difference in the cost, but as a frequent traveller, I do have some standards that I'm not prepared to go below. First off, I'm not sure if my room was standard. It had a separate sitting area/living room and bedroom. Hardwood floors, fantastic view over the river (the fall colors really added to the experience), balcony, everything was very high end. The staff were awesome and made me feel very welcome. The included breakfast was great - Eggs Benedict were the special the morning I tried it, and the room included free parking and Internet. I typically stay at the Sheraton which is physically attached to the same building, and I believe The James is owned by them. Parking at the Sheraton is extra. I would really recommend this place and will try to stay there again the next time I visit Saskatoon so long as I can get a better rate (it wasn't cheap!). The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the pressure in the shower sucked, which was odd since the water pressure from the bath faucet was very strong.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jospos
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We celebrated our anniversary at the St. James and had a great experience. The room service burger was great, as well as the array of cocktails in the lobby bar. The best part, the bed! The mattress was unbelievable and the sheets were so soft! There was an issue with the room we had booked and the manager called before we got there to ensure we weren’t affected upon arrival and had a comparable room at a discounted rate. Between the service and that wonderful bed, I would defiantly stay at the St. James again.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is big!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Modern and small minimalist rooms Was really looking forward to this and had heard it would be great. It was just ok. The rooms in the neighboring Sheraton are as nice and less expensive Staff were polite and friendly for the most part. Staff had said breakfast would be amazing. My eggs Benedict never came and the cook was gone for extended periods of time. Had to wait to get a cup of coffee and a second cup was never offered and it is kept in another room so you cannot even help yourself. There were only about 10 people in the room so it's not like they were swamped. Finally just left no sign of the cook anywhere. Save lots of your money and go elsewhere.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank DP N
Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The James Hotel has a great boutique feel. The welcome by the front desk staff was warm and the rooms are nicely laid out and decorated. The bed was heavenly. It is in a great location to visit the downtown area including the beautiful riverside. Only small complain was that the breakfast could have been a bit better. It had the feel of being very picked over both days we were there. All in all I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012