“An Excellent Lunch”

Fixin's Homestyle Eatery
Ranked #207 of 666 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Homestyle comfort food with all the fixins! Fixin's Homestyle Eatery is all about eating like home, while away from home. Generous portions are served with a friendly smile and prairie-style hospitality. Serving weekday lunch buffets, Saskatoon's best Sunday Brunch and special holiday buffets. Located in the Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon. A locally-owned, family-favourite Saskatoon restaurant for over 40 years!
Calgary, Canada
“An Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant while attending a seminar at the hotel. I ordered the perogies and sausage, and soup. The soup was cheeseburger, which I thought was a bit weird, but I gave it a go anyway. The soup tasted great, and the perogies and sausage was excellent and very filling. It included 8 perogies covered in onions and bacon bits. I was very impressed with the quality of food and the speed it was served. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who happens to be in the Travelodge Hotel.

• Visited November 2013

Wallaceburg, Canada
“Rotten sausages”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

A colleague and I went here for breakfast. This was the restaurant in our hotel. I had an omelet and she had sausage and eggs. The home fried potatoes were almost uncooked. The omelet itself was good. However I could smell her sausages from across the table. She had only one bite and they were obviously turned. Suffice to say that she had an extreme gastrointestinal reaction. Avoid!

• Visited August 2013
McAllen, Texas
“Servers need to pay attention to want people want”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate here while on course and only had a short time to eat. We sat down and the waitress walked by us 3 times before she offered us a menu. I notice they had a buffett...went and looked at it but thought I would just have a sandwich instead. I sat back down and waited for the waitress to come back..again she walked by 3 time and finally came over asked what we could like to drink...I had a water and my son had pop..she walked away never asking if we were ready to order or not. After another 10 mins she comes back with the drinks puts them down and walks away. She finally seen we where waiting and came over and asked what we wanted....we did not have time to wait for anything other than a boring buffet. We both ate it quickly so we could get back...The buffet was also expense for what was on it....We did not stay at this hotel because of the other reviews on tripadvisor. We also ate in the bar part after class one night...we both had to send our food back to the kitchen...my steak was ordered med it came blue in the middle...the same with my son's....I don't think I would eat there or stay there.

• Visited March 2013
Thank Kurt.mr S
Newmarket, ON
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enhoyed the service - wish the buffet had more vegetables! Buffet Brunch on Sunday had lots of excellent selections.

Visited January 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good hotel option for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Good portions, affordable. Buffet looked good, but i did order from menu.

Visited May 2012