“Creative cuisine - Eat here!!!”
Review of Duck Duck Goose Tapas Bar - CLOSED

Duck Duck Goose Tapas Bar
Description: New restaurant owned by same people that own Sushiro in Saskatoon.
Description: New restaurant owned by same people that own Sushiro in Saskatoon.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went with a friend and shared the grilled asparagus (good for a veggie), scallop seviche (OMG yumm), meatballs (Get them!), and the crispy chickpeas (so-so, I could make at home). I don't remember what their special was that day but we got it and I do remember it was really good.

I had the lavender vodka cocktail: strong but cold and tasty, served in an adorable, old school martini glass. The awesome server was also nice enough to open a can of cider just to let us sample it. I would highly suggest it; very light, not too sweet, perfectly carbonated!

It was on the expensive side, for the portion size but it was still worth it. Loved the hip but not trying too hard vibe of the place.

There are newer reviews for Duck Duck Goose Tapas Bar

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Tapas bars are a great idea - lots of little plates to share, try some of everything etc. I've been to many and quite enjoy the concept. Duck Duck Goose delivers on this with a pretty good selection of interesting tapas. However, as others have mentioned it is expensive and the service is slow. They were also out of one of the 5 red wines they have by the glass and poured the last of another for me (go figure...the two Spanish ones).

I had a bowl of olives with about a dozen olives in it for $6, another similar bowl of roasted almonds for the same price, and the charcuterie platter for $18. Wine was $9 and up per glass (for at least one wine that I buy for $13/bottle). Other dishes looked good as I saw them come out, but at $8-12 for most with portion sizes that looked too small to share one could easily spend $50 for two people on food alone and still leave hungry. In fairness, the charcuterie platter I had was big enough for an appetizer for two, but at $18 was pretty steeply priced for what you got.

It also took a very long time to get anything - wine, bowl of olives, things that should take no time took 15 minutes.

This could be a great place, but it is too expensive for what you get and the service is very slow.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

And the rest of my dish....had to give four stars for the quality of most of the dishes, but I cannot imagine going here for another meal. What a dilemma! The portions were SO small and the service was SO slow, we burned more energy waiting for the next dish than the dish was able to provide! We were more hungry by the end than when we started. It made no difference how many dishes we ordered at one time...they're sooooo slow.

Yet, all but one were excellent. I've been to many tapas bars in the world but none so frustratingly slow! The scallop ceviche was an anomaly. It was tiny...less than one small scallop and was entirely overwhelmed by the citrus. It was entirely ill conceived at any price.

In the end, we left conflicted and hungry. W have just ordered room service at the hotel to deal with pangs of hunger. Prices are high for this market and this restaurant, but the the real issue is the inability to have a meal. We invested two and a half hours to these guys...never again.

Liked the Estrella and Alhambra on offer.

FYI we had the ricotta gnocchi, the charcuterie platter,the bacalao and others.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Pretty cool little place, amazing bathroom, good service and refreshing drinks a definite go back ! Although we only had drinks We were told to keep in mind the place is a tapas bar where you share your food ...the menu little confusing but the food looked very good to try !

1  Thank Spankynuts
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went there with my wife and daughter and my daughter's friend. We each ordered one item from the menu which was consumed in seconds. I understand and realize that this is a tapas bar. Here's a thought, don't charge entree prices for an appetizer. I had 3 meatballs on a dish for $11.00! My daughter had gnocchi (about 10 the size of almond) for $10.00. My drink was $9.50. Etc, etc. So, 4 items off of the menu and 4 drinks and goodbye hundred dollar bill. Ridiculous! Will never go back.