“Excellent affordable lodgings”

Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent affordable lodgings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a really excellent stay. Apparently average ratings for this place are much higher on other review sites, and the weak TripAdvisor aggregate is a strange anomaly...

Rooms here are really cosy with lush carpets and, for the price, well appointed. They even have large flatscreen TVs and wardrobe space. A handful of rooms share each 'apartment' with its own excellent shared bathroom and basic kitchen (microwave, cupboards, worktop and dining space but no hob/oven). Attention to detail is excellent throughout the building and everything is spotless and pristine, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Wi-fi works excellently. Location is pretty good too, very close to the river and one of the main bridges.

For an excellent budget stay - whether you're a backpacker (like me), a business visitor or a family on holiday - you need look no further.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4guestservices, Manager at Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give Netty's Nest a review.
I am very happy to hear you had such a great experience here, as that is what we strive for. We take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. I hope that we see you next time you are passing through Saskatoon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over in Saskatoon while visiting some friends on the weekend. I called ahead to see if there was a room, spoke to a very friendly female who assured me she would have a room for me when I showed up.
Arrived at about 530pm, the receptionist was very friendly, had me checked in within minutes. Explained the layout to me, showed me my room, and asked if I needed anything else. My room was a standard lodge type room size, no frills version. The sheets and towels were clean, carpet was vacuumed. Room was cool, the air cond. felt like it was working. The bathroom in the hallway was clean. Lots of hot water and no bathroom line ups.
The bed was typical, not super comfy but comfy enough I wasn't crippled up in the morning.
Lots of parking. All in all, I had a good stay. Would return with no problem. Running trails were steps away, walking distance to downtown, had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013
4guestservices, Manager at Netty's Nest Visitor Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Netty's Nest as we appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay, and we enjoyed having you here with us. We take pride in our cleanliness and great staff. I hope to see you again in the future.
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was very institutional.. not even a picture on the wall. A little table and an uncomfortable hard mattress Paid for parking and there was no parking available. I had to park a block and a half away on Clarence Ave. There was a 48 hr. cancellation policy as opposed to 24 hrs. The concert was cancelled so I paid $185.00 for one night. No discount or reduced rate. Highway robbery for this room. The lineup to use the shared bathroom in the morning was crazy. Every time I tried to get in someone rushed ahead of me. I have never posted anything before on Trip Advisor but this was too much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg L

Travelers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Winnipeg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We got stuck in a room in the basement. The room was very small and only had a very small window that was actually out of reach. Not help there if you want to get out in case of a fire. This was for sure the worst room I have ever paid for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LebirdWinnipeg
Regina Beach, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Conveniently located, it offers the necessities of lodging at an economical price. Facility is very clean with new furnsihings and the staff are very helpful and polite. Check-in and check-out are easy. Wi-Fi is available and there is a lobby phone for local and long distance calls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jasper National Park, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am apaulled that this place is still in business. The staff are extremely rude , and the place is a dump ... do not stay here no matter what..
i would suggest sleeping in your vehicle before you stoop as low as to stay at this "motel".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank sablyo
edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Been there a few days ago was passing through town. Got there at about 11 30 at night. The place is really clean, new and tidy but it has a few issues. After i got into the room i called the hotel number asking about the shared washroom- i was told i was getting a room with a private washroom. The lady on the line said that she couldn't answer me because it's 12 at night and she's just a call center. I wanted to watch tv in bed but couldn't because the tv is placed 90 degrees from the bed- you could watch tv only if you were sitting down on a chair. I started the ac but it was set on high, the remote was gone and there weren't any controls on the unit itself- so i had to sleep with the ac off (it was prety hot). When i left in the morning i got the check out form and found out that i was charged 5 dollars for the parking- outrageous. It's not a bad place but it needs some improvements for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo