“"Everything we needed and more"”

BEST WESTERN Blairmore
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Canada
“"Everything we needed and more"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just spent a night at this Best Western after a day of snowshoeing and birdwatching at Pike Lake. The 3 young people with me (age 6,9 and 12) loved the hotel and especially the pool and water slide. The room was clean spacious and the microwave and mini fridge were very handy. Supper was at the nearby DQ which was brand new and excellent cuisine in the kids mind. The staff at the front desk, at the pool and cleaning the rooms were all friendly warm and smiling.I even got help with a toy and a screwdiver from the front desk late at night. I felt perfectly safe with the kids around the hotel at all times. The breakfast was hot with omeletes and delicious waffles. I think the youngest said it best when she said "I don't want to go home yet."

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank chickadee57
bwpblairmore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Blairmore, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about our staff are very much appreciated.

We hope to be a part of your future travel plans!

Courtney Morrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Wishart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the cusotmer service is also very good. The location is in a new area that is completly developed yet as ther is no resturants close by unless you like fast food. There is a walmart super center, Tim Hortons and a sub place in the strip mall near by however you need to drive back into the city for a sit down resturant. The hot tub at the hot is not very clean but if you are there for buisness you may not have time for a swim. The rooms are very clean and have a small fridge, microwave and a kreuig coffee machine. The offer Military rates that are very decent and are very friendly. I would definatly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank LORIANNE P
bwpblairmore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Blairmore, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know about an issue with the hot tub. All kinds of feedback are appreciated as it helps us improve the issue quickly!

We look forward to serving you again,

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in Saskatoon for work in October/November 2012. The hotel was nice, the room was clean, the breakfast was very good and the complimentary toiletries near the front desk were a thoughtful touch. However, there was something on the wall in my room that I had to wonder about. It was a white fixture and appeared to be a motion sensor-type thing, but I would really like the hotel to comment on what exactly it is as no motion-activated light came on during my stay. It's an unnerving feeling to have something fixed to the wall and pointed at the bed area. I don't want to assume anything, but I have to admit it was something I was concerned about. I would love to hear from the hotel about what this is before I book with them again. Thanks very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jodster123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review!

The device you are asking about is a type of motion sensor that detects change in heat signatures to verify if someone is in the room or not. We are moving towards using these type of sensors to control lighting and heating in our rooms and are currently testing them. There is one in the bathroom that will monitor movement for the lights to go on and off and one in the main area to trigger the heating and cooling system.

Our goal is to manage the lights and heating/cooling primarily this way to ensure maximum energy savings and to do what we can for our environment.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions! Thanks again for your review!

Burstall, Sk.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here on several occasions, the latest was for five days when my grandfather passed away. The previous stay, my wife found a camera (not ours) under the bed when she checked the room before we were leaving to see if we'd forgotten anything. Although this led to doubts about the cleanliness and thoroughness of the staff, we decided to give it another try. The facility itself is very nice.
We were less than impressed with the service during our latest stay. I have a 4-month old daughter. The guys replacing the cable service woke her up by entering our room on more than once occassion. The front desk phoned to ask when we were checking out, although they should have known we were staying longer. Again, waking the baby. Then, they phoned again. The hot tub left a black streak on my back when I got out. One day, when we requested that the room be cleaned at 1 pm we were told that it couldn't be done because the cleaning staff would be gone by then. What? All in all a very unsatisfactory experience. They did knock off $50 from the total I owed, but that wasn't nearly enough.
This place needs to step up their service. I won't be a repeat customer and it's a shame because the building and the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tater35
bwpblairmore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Blairmore, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that our mandatory cable upgrade interfered with your stay. Unfortunately this upgrade was of an urgent matter and I can see there was some missed communication regarding the time of your check out. I wish that this could have gone smoother for you.

We were able to rectify the hot tub issues quickly. Thank you for helping bring any issues to our attention. The more feedback we get the quicker and better we can make our improvements. As you mentioned after staying with us on several occasions I hope you understand that a mistake was made and we do apologize.

Thank you for your compliments on our rooms, and we hope you will give us another chance to show you fantastic service and cleanliness we are proud off.

Always feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss anything further about this or any previous stay.

Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus Blairmore several times and have always been very happy. It isn't close to down town but I don't mind driving or taking a taxi if we have a quiet, clean place to stay. The breakfast is also excellent. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that we continue to be your hotel of choice and that you enjoy our breakfast so much. We have worked hard using guest suggestions to make it special.

We look forward to your next visit!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

What more could you want? We are well travelled and rate this hotel among the best we have stayed at. It was surprisingly quiet considering the highway was so close. Pool area clean and well maintained. Good breakfast. Great pillows. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank rachjamie21-1
bwpblairmore, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Blairmore, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again!