“Flawless 9 Night Stay!”

Best Western Blairmore
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My company put me up here for 9 nights and this is truly one of the nicest hotels i've ever stayed in. Very modern and clean, excellent facilities, very good breakfast (free), courteous and helpful staff, close to amenities. The rooms had Samsung flat screen tv's, mini fridges, granite counter tops in the bathroom, large tub and shower, super soft and fluffy towels, excellent housekeeping each day, very comfortable beds. If I had to get completely critical and pick on one thing it would be that there was no restaurant for dinner (only complimentary breakfast) This made it a bit tricky for me as I had no vehicle so I found myself having to order pizza or walk across the street to subway or McDonalds in Walmart.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a car if you want to go out for dinner as there is only complimentary breakfast s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Louie C
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review! Travelling away from home for extended periods of time can be tough but we are glad to hear that we were able to make it a good experience for you!

We hope to be apart of your travel plans again,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was a thrill to stay at this hotel, it's right by a shoppers drugmart and a Walmart superstore as well as a close proximity to everything else. A very nice, clean, modern looking area so location was great.
The hotel is a little over a year old so of course beautiful inside and out. The rooms were immaculate and very appealing. The only negative was that you could faintly hear the tv in the next room but we put a towel at the base of the joining door (more for the people in the other room than us), turned on our own tv and problem solved.
Price was standard and included a full breakfast. Overall one of the nicest hotels we stayed at on our tour across Canada thus far.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Htrerice
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you saying such great things about our property! It means a lot to hear that we rate so highly among what I'm sure is many hotels as you tour across the country. This is an honour and thank you for such a great a review.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel comes with everything for business to family travel - free wifi, pool, gym, continental breakfast. Basically everything they described, they have but what wasn't mentioned in their description is some of the most important features when traveling. Their rooms are very clean, nice smelling and are a nice size, the beds are amazingly comfortable, the bedding crisp and comforter is the perfect weight, towels are large, soft and fluffy. They even provide a special towel to remove makeup. The soaps, shampoos and lotions are very pleasant and the toilet paper is not cheap, like tissue paper. The front desk was very friendly, funny and informative to my questions. I requested a late check out and there was no extra fee and I was not disturbed even though I didn't put out my do not disturb sign. The rooms are extremely sound proof as I did not hear any people talking, foot steps or vacuum cleaners. The windows had shade curtains and a wonderful air conditioner that responded immediately to any changed I programmed into the temperature control. Bottom line, I booked this hotel to get a good comfortable sleep and it was like being at home - wonderful. The other amenities were a bonus but my main request at a hotel is a comfortable bed and a clean and quiet room and this is what I received. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds, how old, the bedding type, etc. Comfort is key. Also, Even though they clean aft...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Carrie B
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We work very hard to deliver a great guest experience and we are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. A high standard of cleanliness is very important to us and we are so glad that you noticed!

We hope that your travels will bring you to Saskatoon again and that we may be a part of your travel plans.

Thanks again for a great review!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very clean, well maintained hotel. Rooms are quite soundproof; our room faced the main highway, but traffic noise was minimal.
Beds have very thick mattresses, making the beds quite high, and difficult to get into for shorter people. Duvets are supplied, instead of normal blankets, which was not our personal preference, especially in the summertime. When we went to the front desk to ask if they had any lighter blankets available, we were given two pillowcases. Rather than try to explain to the front desk clerk what a blanket was, we went across the street to Wal Mart, and bought one.
There are no restaurants within about a mile, other than fast food (McDonalds, Tim Hortons and Subway).
The breakfast that was included each morning was adequate, and included eggs and their choice of bacon or sausage, as well as all the common breakfast items found at most hotels. The breakfast room was very well maintained, with food being replenished as necessary, and talbes cleaned as soon as people left.
The exercise room appeared to be well equipped, but was too hot to use, due to the air conditioner being broken; they gave us a satisfactory discount on our room when this was mentioned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne-Marlyne
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review! Detailed feedback is such a great tool for us to know how we impressed you but to also help us do even better. Your comments about our breakfast room staff are very much appreciated. Our staff takes great pride in a job well done. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness and maintenance of our property. We are very proud of our property and work hard to keep it well maintained.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was recently at this hotel for 7 nights and I must say it was a very nice hotel in a quiet area of Saskatoon but close to everything.

this hotel is about 10 mins from downtown and 8 mins from the airport.

it is brand new, and the rooms are huge and very clean.

the entire hotel is non smoking.

pets are also allowed even if I didn't have mine with me, I've seen a few people with they dogs and the hotel has plenty of grassy area for your furry friend.

the breakfast is great but only on certain days. some days they have bacon and scramble eggs and some days they have egg patties and sausage patties (avoid the sausage patty days they are awful) but keep in mind that there are a lot of other things to eat like cereals and they have waffles which are really good.

this hotel is really busy during the weekend and had 2 people knocking at my door by mistake (both were old man that can't read DO NO DISTURB) :)

overall I really like this hotel and would recommend it to others.

I found the price to be a bit high but all hotels in the Saskatoon area were pretty high priced.

there is a pool and gym room which I did not use.
the hotel is located less then 1 KM from Walmart

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms were super quiet :) good if you work on a late shift
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We take cleanliness very seriously here and its great to hear that you noticed our hard work. Make sure to check out the breakfast again the next time you stay with us. It's still changing!

Thanks again for staying with us and taking the time to let us know what you thought!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a new hotel with some new features which is truly why it gets great reviews. The bathroom light goes on as you enter which is kind of cool and the coffee maker is a single pod type and the tv is large which again is kind of cool. But none of this is worth the $145 I paid for a night. There is a good size swimming pool with a water slide which was all the rage with the kids. Which means you have kids running up and down the halls all day and part of the night. This is to be expected with a hotel that has a pool. The excercise room was a joke. Very small, and built beside the pool so it's extremely hot and humid with no air conditioning. Very poor design. There is no place to eat around this hotel (except for the obligatory Subway), so expect to drive quite a distance for food. They do give you a free breakfast and it's your standard stuff. It's also a difficult place to get into. You have to drive past the hotel and double back which is a bit confusing. I must have had the disgruntled staff for the two days I was there because they were not very friendly. They were efficient, just did not seem happy to be there. Anyway, if you don't mind paying for it, this is a good hotel with all the new stuff in your room so even though it sucks not having a restaurant near by (there is lots of new places currently being built around there so there should be something soon), it was still nice and I would probably stay there again (as long as my company is paying for it).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wolfden
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

With hotel prices in Saskatoon being one of the highest in the country right now, it’s up to us at the hotel to work even harder to make your stay worth what you are paying. Comments and suggestions such as yours help us adapt to our guests needs so we can increase our value and exceed guest expectations. I would like to add that the air-conditioning in the exercise room was not working properly during your stay. Thankfully we have now identified the problem and a permanent fix is planned.

Thanks again for taking the time to review!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Better than I had expected! Booked online at the last minute. Rooms were fine, relatively comfortable. The pool was well enjoyed by the kids, though my daughter had the worst rash on her hands and feet the next day, she was in a lot of pain. I'm not going to say for certain it was the saltwater pool (at least I think it was a saltwater pool) but it's a tad disconcerting. The buffet breakfast was good but not great. Staff seemed friendly and helpful. Overall fine, though we're talking RIGHT on the edge of town. There's a field across the highway. Suited our travel arrangements fine. We'd stay again in a similar situation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We do have a salt water pool at our hotel. One of the big perks of a salt water pool is that you get clean water with fewer chemicals. We are glad that you plan to come and see us again!

Thanks again for staying!