“Great food and good service!”
Review of Tony Roma's

Tony Roma's
Ranked #164 of 703 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Came out of this place with a smile on my face. Was in Saskatoon with some work colleagues earlier in the year and staying in a hotel across the road. Ate in here one evening and was impressed with the food and the service.

We all walked away happy campers and definitely would go back again next time I am there.

1  Thank J5TPM

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Chose to eat on the bar side - totally dark..would it kill them to put up some accent lighting?!
I picked the pulled pork sandwich with fries and coleslaw, the sandwich came with a pickled pepper on top, and with one bite, gushed vinegar over all my fries.
Pulled pork should come with a splash of sauce on top where as this one didnt. It was juicy but could have definitely made it better.
Ambiance sucked, meal was passable. Oh, and yet another restaurant using pre cut frozen french fries, just this one put a bit of ground pepper on top. Fail.

TR_TonyRomas, Public Relations Manager at Tony Roma's, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hey Kyle,

Thank you for writing to us via TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your post for it's honesty and the comments that you have given us as they will be taken seriously. We would like to apologize for your recent visit as we would want you to always enjoy yourself when you dine with us. The respect to the ambiance we will be sure to look into this issue and make sure that it is resoved as well as the comments directed towards the pulled pork sandwich as well. We hope to have you visit us again soon and we hope to change your mind.

Team TR

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Have had to go to Tony Roma's 4 times in the past 2 months due to other people's choice. I hope I never have to go there again. The service is extremely poor. Slow, inattentive wait staff, meals come improperly cooked and no substitutions allowed on any items on the menu; which isn't very accommodating. Not only that, the waitresses are dressed in obscenely short skirts; so short that they can hardly serve anyone for fear of showing more than is decently acceptable. Management should really reconsider what message they are sending to their customers. Tony Roma's is a restaurant that families should be welcome at. I will not be returning again, no matter who picks it; I shall decline. They would do well to focus more on the food quality to bring in the customers. They underestimate what the public really want when they go our for a meal.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I received a coupon by e-mail for my birthday for a free entree (max.$19). I think the least expensive thing on the dinner menu is burgers or pasta, about $16. I won't complain about a free meal. I had the beef rib($25), which was melt in your mouth delicious, but a little on the salty side. My wife had the Chicken Tuscan($23), which she said was very good. The side veggies were very good, and also had with it garlic mashed potatoes, also good. The server, Jaden?, was very good. The waitresses that were constantly walking back and forth, and the seating person could all benefit by having a few smiles on their faces. This was a Sunday evening so they might have had a busy Saturday night. For three of us, minus the nineteen dollars, the bill was $51.00 without the tip.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Extremely poor customer service at this particular location. Went to lounge area to eat around 8 PM or so. As it is the lounge I just picked a random seat so that I could watch some sports on the many TV's in the place while I ate. I was essentially ignored from the 3 or 4 staff that looked to be more than able to serve the 3 other occupied tables in the place. The bartender was quite busy with his customers and eventually did come over to get a drink and food order. Thankfully he got me a beer and some supper.

What really bugged me was the fact the other staff was well aware that I was present and needed some service. At least I thought the direct eye contact would have been enough to initiate service. Pretty obvious that someone with no menu or drink in front of them might need something to get started.

Food overall is average at best. I have stopped going to this place even though it is very convenient to the hotel close by.