Saskatoon Thriftlodge
Delta Hotels Bessborough(Saskatoon)
$133
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Motel 6 Saskatoon(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
$69
$81
$78
Travelocity
$90
All reviewslarge flat screen tvbathroom fanfront desk clerknon smoking roomexcellent staycircle drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Well, where should I start? After checking in, there was absolutely no parking available. The parking lot is rather small and appears to have many trailers occupying the parking lot. Even a boat occupying a spot. I was about to go back in and complain to the front desk where am I supposed to park? Luckily within 5 minutes, someone was leaving (a visitor I think) and was able to secure a spot. As for the room, it was reasonably clean. The bathtub had some chipping in the tub itself and the soap holder had rust building up in it. So now I have a parking spot and it's time to get a good nights sleep.....NOT! At 6am, I was woken up by two parties fighting with each other because both parties had pets and I guess one of the parties pet attacked the other parties pet that caused a disturbance with a bunch of yelling, swearing, and I guess in a bit of time the police showed up. After that was all said and done, about 15 minutes later, another party had a domestic dispute with increased yelling between a man and a woman. More swearing. Then peeking out my window, I see this lady storming down the second floor completely upset. So much for that goodnight sleep. I mentioned it to the clerk shortly after and costing almost $130.00 a night didn't cut it having this sort of nonsense. I've stayed at other accommodations both outside the Wyndham rewards chain of hotels and within. A hotel rate like this comes with a noise curfew where quiet time is mandatory. You also had to initial you would comply at check-in. Failure to do so resulted in possible eviction and/or a $250.00 fine. Depending on the seriousness of a violation, police would be called. I don't know if this particular location has anything to this effect but it sure isn't pleasant when you're travelling 7 hours the first thing you want to get is sleep! Unfortunately based on reading other reviews and based on very similar feedback, I would not stay at this location again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Travis B, Manager at Saskatoon Thriftlodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

This was an unfortunate situation where both dogs that were out in the early morning should have been leashed as it would have resolved this matter of the 2 dogs fighting. It did cause a disturbance and we apologize for this matter. We understand that we are a pet friendly property but have altered our pet policies to ensure leashing at all times on site. We do appreciate you staying with us and we hope you will give us another try on your journies. Travel safe. Travis

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Really loud with people hanging around outside with their doors open. It was a fairly clean, but the bathroom was very small and dated. The parking lot was a bit hard to navigate with a larger vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Don't let potential first impressions of the two storeys of rooms by the car park next to the highway put you off. Having booked a room with two double beds for our family of 3 we were blown away with not just 2 beds but two bathrooms, a large sofa, a huge TV with cable, a fridge, air conditioning that kept the room beautifully cool and a desk plus good quality furniture. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. So pleased we booked here.

Stayed: August 2014