“You would expect a high class place for the price”

Saskatoon Thriftlodge
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“You would expect a high class place for the price”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Terrible place wouldnt recomend it to anybody.High price and it seems like a place you would take a hooker to,condoms in parking lot,wind drafts through the door,cant shower without getting burnt just terrible expierience.Very small rooms,terrible beds just stay away.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Mikekozey
Travis B, General Manager at Saskatoon Thriftlodge, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your feedback. Am sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay and can tell you don't typically stay in exterior access properties. Exterior access are great as you don't have to carry your stuff down hallways. We have a lot of construction and work crews as per our kitchenettes and long term prices. Not only do you get a great rate when you book for more then a week you get a full breakfast included. New furniture, TV's that are new and larger then most 4 star brands, fridges in every room, new beds in every room(not sure why you had a rough sleep)

My advice to you if price is a big issue, book well in advance in Saskatoon. Hottest hotel market in Canada and 3rd highest average daily rate due to our economy. I understand that sometimes you can't plan but we price accordingly to our brand and value provided. I will point out many downtown properties will be $175-$200+, $15-20/parking, and no continental breakfast($10-$15) Our property will be $100- $140 less then that with all value added.

Cheers
Travis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Albert
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Started off by having to walk back to the front desk because was told to go to the wrong room. Not sure if it was the furnace or what but the room smelled of cigarette smoke at times.The furnace was right beside your head and was noisy when it was running and made a ticking sound when it shut off, with a fairly loud single one about 10 mins later. They put me near the stairs and I had to listen to loud stomping guests until around 12 am. The people beside me sounded like they were talking in my bathroom till 1am. Would not stay here again. The shower in the morning was scalding hot to cool with bursts of cold mixed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Kendall P
Travis B, General Manager at Saskatoon Thriftlodge, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate your review and taking time to post. I will bring these comments to management as communication is an important part to daily operations. We continue our renovations into 2013 and are switching out our furnaces to electric heating and cooling units(May/June) so there will be no issues moving forward as you discussed. We hope to see you again on your next stay.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on a road trip. This is a motel style hotel with the room doors to the outside and since it was a cold February night you could feel some cold air coming in through the door but the heater was adequate. The room was very small and barely fit the bed, dresser and table. It was, for the most part very clean and you can tell they are slowly making improvements to the rooms such as new furniture and carpets. On the negative side, in the morning I found old mouldy coffee in the coffee maker and the coffee maker would not work, also the tray the coffee maker was on was stained and sticky with old spilled coffee. I notified the front desk and they stated it would be addressed but since I was only there for one night I don't know if it was. Secondly, there is very little sound proofing between the rooms and there is quite a bit of noise that can be heard from other rooms. This woke me a few times through the night.

One other positive was the service on check in. The clerk who checked me in was excellent, efficient and thoroughly explained the hotel facilities to me.

Overall, I would stay here again for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank CherriTerri
Hi! I appreciate the comments. It is important to hear our customers opinions and being a smaller property we can react a lot quicker then most. We look forward to helping you next time you are in the busy growing Saskatoon.

Cheers
Travis
saskatoon
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been involved in Bringing Irish Immigrants and they are given a good welcome and find the Hotel very accomodating.
The owner has just bought the Property and is working hard to have the place fully furnished and
will be one of the best values in Saskatoon.
Close to Airport and 4 Kms from down town.
I have had many compliments on the service and price
Norman Wallace

Room Tip: The owner is trying hard to establish one of the best values in Sakatoon
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Travis B, General Manager at Saskatoon Thriftlodge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent comments! We appreciate you pointing out the positive value added features of our property.

Renovations are still on going as our current projects are granite counter tops in all bathrooms, bathroom flooring, and upgrades to all bedding, drapes, and mattresses.

We have a dedicated owner that invests back into the property and is involved in daily operations which is one reason things get done.

In Hospitality