“Disgusting”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Regina
“Disgusting”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Have given this hotel several trys with stays- During last event held at the hotel, did not stay here even though event here due to the history. Have found hair in food with no apology. Hair often found in rooms stuck on walls, etc. Dusty and real uncomfortable hard beds. If staying near the pool, the chlorine smell is over whelming. Not a good place for anyone in a wheel chair. Old decor.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank kerrbearRegina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
King City, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Good location. Two pool areas. Quiet sections available for those sleeping during the day.

Restaurent top notch. Must have a car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerard B
TrayJayde, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
We appreciate your review. Thank you for commenting on Fixin's Homestyle Eatery as well. We look forward to your stay with us. Travis
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was our second time staying at the hotell and althoguh our first stay it was loud and we didn't have the greatest sleep we thought we would stay again to be close to the airport where we needed to go. We arived mid afternoon and went for a hot tub and I saw a mouse running towards the restaurant but didn't tell my wife as I didn't want to freak her out. That night I went to get ice and what did I see running to hide under the pop machine.....another mouse!!!! I can just imaging how easy it is for them to make homes and nest in a big place like this. Im not coming back though as I have enough pets and only told my wife what I saw once we had checked out and were at the airport

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carlos e
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
We apologize about your recent experience here at the hotel. We are renovating to make our property better and by having our doors open for extended periods during the weather fluctuations does not help with the situation. Thank you for your understanding. We hope you will give us a try as our renovations will be completed shortly. We also have some great places for 2012 to renovate our pool and Rodeo's Bar to better serve your travels.

Travis Batting
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was on a business trip so no time for the fancy pool and stuff. I had a balcony with pool view. Didn`t use it since it was very loud out there and its like intruding in people intimity over the hot tub! The walls are mostly made of cardboard so get set for sharing neighbor TV show at 11:30PM. Mattress were good quality. Staff were pretty good. Breakfast restaurant was doing great with a 4.95$ special. Way too expensive at 160$/day. Try on expedia for more deals. Location is quite convenient. Busy corner with lots of traffic and restaurant alternative.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bretonsimon
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property. I wanted to make mention that we do have a business tower that is in a separate area away from the pool. That is where we house our business and executive rooms which might be more suitable for your next stay. They feature a king bed, large work desk, spacious bathrooms, fridge, microwave and have the free parking close to door 1. As I've mentioned in previous responses, Saskatoon has been one of the busiest economies in Canada and seems that the city books up quickly for hotel rooms. I encourage everyone to book as far in advance to ensure they get the room types they want. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.
In hospitality
Director of Sales
saskatchewan
Reviewed October 28, 2011

i have stayed here a few times now since they have added in the jacuzzi suites. and i tell you they ARE pricey but they ARE so worth it. the jacuzzi suite has a lounging room with bathroom, couch, and microwave, fridge, etc. then a seperate room with the king bed big round jacuzzi and a wonderful walk-in shower behind the jacuzzi tub. it makes for a great romantic night with your loved one. the staff are always going above and beyond to meet their customers need. my only complaint is the hallways need to be updated or at least steam clean the carpets or something. and if your wanting to spend time at the pool and hot tub if theres a group people in the hottub that have been in there for a couple hours and you cant go in because of the exceeding the limit the staff on duty there dont enforce anything or really care to help others get to use the hotel to the full ammenities. but that is not the staff at front desks fault that is the staff in the pool. and i wish they had better promotional deals for the suites. other than that when i stay there is like all my worries are swept away.lol.

Room Tip: jacuzzi suite is very romantic
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
It looks like you do lots of travelling and your kind words with your experience in this industry means a lot of us. Yes, we finally did add 3 jacuzzi suites which are all the size of 2 of our regular standard rooms. Our local ownership group has a strong belief in our property and the reinvestment of capital money back into the property(close to $7 million over the last 5 years). The other investment our owership group provides is the investment in customer service. I'm glad you appreciate our staff as ensuring our 250 employees all strive for the common goal and mission can be challenging. It's nice to hear of the ROI of these investments so thank you. Look forward to hosting you in the future.
Sincerely
Director of Sales
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed in a suite for two nights while in town for a wedding. We paid almost $600 for our suite and it was soooo not worth it!! Many parts of the room were damaged, there was NO window to the outside (just a SHARED balcony looking at the pool with another room) and the front staff in the lobby were slow and rude. We had to call and ask to get our room cleaned because they skipped our room for whatever reason and they didn't come for hours. Will not stay here again!
I will say, however, the wedding was nice though and the food was good.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank LAVAj
Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The Travel Lodge is a popular busy Hotel. Upon entering i was greeted by several friendly Front Desk Clerks. I asked for a availability and price and I was given a rate of 176.00 + tax for a basic room 2 queen beds . I told them that was high to which she replied "well we are over sold" I then told her I qualify for for a corporate rate. She gave me a rate of $109.00+tax.. When I requested a king size bed she said that would be considerably more. I checked in the basic room and signed a $250.00 non smoking waiver . When I arrived at my room it was tired and smelled of smoke. I returned to the desk and explained to tanother clerk the room was not acceptable and my allergies would not survive in that room. While I was being dealt with the orginal clerk was serving another customer giving him another over priced quote. He asked for a king size bed and she said there were no king size beds left. Strange because there were king size when I asked for the right price. The clerk dealing with me asked me if I was alone which I was so she gave me a King size bed ( available all of a sudden) I went to the room and it was like a new hotel clean smelliing and very presentable. She called me to see if everything was alright. After being in the room I heard a dog barking in the next room. I informed the front dek and asked if my room was pet friendly or pet free. They told me it was pet friendly. I explained that I was allergic to dogs and I I may not be able to spend the night if I have a reaction. He did not seem to understand the severity as I explained that they should inform their clients.. The next day I left at 5am because I was swollen due to a reaction in the room. When I checked there was no apology or compensation. I will not stay in this hotel in the future or and Travel Lodge. Very deceptive all around.

Room Tip: Ask if the room was renovated.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jpusher
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for your response. There were a few points that I have passed onto management to ensure that communication is clear to the nature of your stay. Customer service is of importance to us and we do not like to hear how it affected your stay.

I did want to make mention of a few things to prevent further cause, not just at our hotel but for your future stays in our city. Saskatoon is a very busy city this time of year and similar to the airline industry the further out your bookings the more availability and rate flexibility we have to offer. I also am concerned about your pet allergy. It sounds like it can be quite a serious situation that you have and I would advise prior to your stay to inquire which hotels are pet friendly, non smoking, etc. Although we have policies in place it is unfortunate that people seem to do as they please and smoke or bring pets into rooms without us knowing. We have very separate cleaning policies when it comes to pets and people that smoke in non smoking rooms. We hope that you were able to enjoy some of the other amenities such as our great fitness room, Fixin's Homestyle Eatery, or pool area. we appreciate your business and want you to stay with us again. Thanks for your feedback