Ramada Saskatoon
Delta Hotels Bessborough(Saskatoon)
$169
$133
  • Pool
Motel 6 Saskatoon(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
$69
Travelocity
$81
$78
$90
All reviewsclose to downtownguest roomspool and hot tubbed was very comfortableloungeteams
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a newly renovated hotel close to downtown, A very nice looking place by day but by night quite another thing. Getting in the front door at night feels scary as there are a number of people hanging out smoking and talking, these are bar patrons that have been drinking so it is not the best to pass thru.
The rooms are clean, staff are pleasant and restraunt and lounge are good but just that clientelle that hangs out there brings this place way down on my list of places to stay in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 52TERRI
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
My apologies that your stay was not up to our standards. Although it is nice to hear all of those great things that you have said about our recent renovations and service; it is very disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.
I hope that you would give us another chance to serve you, and if you should, please contact me directly at 306-931-3013, and I will take your booking personally.
Murray Waters, GM

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is brutal. It’s under huge renos so it looks closed (hotels.com didn't indicate this). The main hotel parking lot is shared with a nightclub, so drunks are all over. There were people urinating next to the car beside ours. Luckily our car wasn’t broken into. People loitered in the lobby while visibly drunk. The 2 security guards were useless. Room was non-smoking, but the whole floor smelled like an ashtray. Would have contacted the front desk but didn't check in until 1am after a long drive. Rooms are decent, but only some of them are renovated. Hallways and lobby are nicely renovated, but the front of the building looks like a war zone. No chance I’d recommend this hotel, especially at the price. Saskatoon Inn is a way better choice. This hotel is in what seems to be a super sketchy area of Saskatoon, so I'd stay clear of it.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, ask for a renovated room. We booked through hotels.com and there was no indication the hotel was being renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cory A
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know that your stay was less than acceptable. We appreciate your feedback.
There is never really an ideal time to renovate your property, as there will be some inconvenience associated with this. I apologize that hotels.com did not let you know that we were renovating the exterior of the hotel, as this information is provided to them, and is readily available on their website when searching for our hotel.
In any event, I apologize that your stay was not what it should have been, and I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that our property is much better than this.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Renovations are starting on the outside and the hotel looks good on the inside. Nicely updated, very modern looking reno on the inside. It is an older hotel, but I like the older hotels . They are a lot more soundproof compared to some of brand new wood framed hotels. Room was very clean, well organized, and as advertised. Never tried the restaurant or lounge so no comment and the golf dome was closed while I was there. Staff were very helpful and professional.

Only thing that I found was the neighbourhood around the hotel seemed to be a little rough and there were a few questionable people hanging out in the parking lot.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent reivew of our property. As you have mentioned, we are in the process of upgrading the exterior of our hotel. Although it has caused some inconvenience, the final product will be a brand new, clean and contemporary look, which I am sure you will appreciate.
We really appreciate the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the guest rooms, and the helpful and professional staff.
I hope you will stay with us again, the next time you are in the Saskatoon area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed in mid July 2012. Reservation agent with Wyndham told us breakfast was included in rate. It was not so had to pay waaay too much for a C- quality breakfast served by inattentive staff who had to be called over or out of the back for service. There were 2 other tables occupied at the time. Eventually the hotel manager just coming in to start the day still with coat on, asked (as I stood stupidly in the middle of the restaurant with my check in hand) if I needed help.

Pool is creepy and outdated, but OK for kids for a dip.

Two toilet paper rolls in the bathrooms at all times, please, and a full tissue box.

Service staff should learn to hold the door for paying guests, say hello, and invite them to enter the elevator first while they hold the door. When you're wearing a Ramada uniform, you don't charge the elevator like getting on a bus in Italy.

Believe it or not, your guests may not be from Saskatoon! If/when they ask for a local map and directions, circle where you are, circle where they ask to go and suggest a good route.

Shame the renos (which were well underway during our stay) and which are quite nice overall, will not be experienced ever again by us. You had your shot Ramada Idylwyld, and you blew it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RyS01
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We obviously have some work to do, in terms of guest satisfaction. I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously, and that I will personally takes steps to correct the issues that you have outlined.
I believe that we have come a long way, in terms of customer service and facility enhancement (As many previous reviews will attest to), but we still face challanges and issues.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest, and I can assure you that you comments will be addressed.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Lengthy drive from Winnipeg into Saskatoon, and when we pulled up we were a little concerned about the construction and the neighborhood itself - lots of "interesting citizens" on foot hanging about. Lobby and renovated rooms are gorgeous. We were paying with points and while free is always a great deal, the luxurious and comfortable decor felt very upscale and confirmed a good score for points. Upon arrival we were assigned a room next to noisy neighbors (one of whom even came over to warn us that they were partying), so before we unpacked we went down and the desk changed us to a quieter floor with a nice city view. We ate dinner in the bar area, and the manager was very pleasant and accommodating. Made good use of the restaurant coupons presented at check-in.

Room Tip: Two Queen room is a little "tight" - if there are two of you, opt for a King, perhaps. Top floor south facing has nice city view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank betsywuebker

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding the recent imporvements that we've made within the hotel. I also can appreciate the comments regarding the exterior renovation which is currently underway.
I am pleased to read the positive reviews of our staff members who work hard each day to provide exceptional customer service.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate and value you as our guest, and look forward to another opportunity to serve you.