“getting better”

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton
“getting better”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed in a king suite #601 and had a standard room also across the hall. The suite was very spacious, clean and modern with a corner jacuzzi tub. The room across the hall was small but clean and modern. The staff was helpful, the restaraunt has great food. The hotel is still undergoing renos but it didn't affect our stay. Sharon in reservations is great! Only complaint I have is that the walls are not soundproof. Had some partying neighbours to the adjoining side of our standard room who returned to their room in the early hours of the morning and we heard them loud and clear. On this particular stay, we needed to be up @ 6:30am and didn't get much sleep from 3:00am til 4:30am so that my only complaint.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the south side of the building as it faces a bar next door
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Steiner_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I phoned in my reservation and decided on a smoking room. When I arrived and waited while the front desk answered not one but two calls while I stood by, I assumed the rate would be around 119 a night since I had overheard this quote while twiddling my thumbs waiting. Nope it was 185 bucks on check out. I was already a bit P.O.'d because I was awoken at 1:00am and 2:00am by drunkin' hollering from what I had assumed was the cowboy nightclub across the street. Turns out they charge a premium for their sub-standard smoking rooms because as the manager said "we don't have many smoking rooms..." Capitalism,you gotta love it. When I asked her about the noise it turns out it was from their bar 6 floors down and she said " I guess they got a little carried away..." The restaraunt was closed, the renovations are ongoing, and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn if its not full. Easy access to the highway. Way better parking.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Suretest
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I attended a one day workshop at the Ramada in September, 2011 and it was an unpleasant experience. There were 40 people crammed into a meeting room that was probably meant for half that many. There was no air conditioning so it was stifling as well as cramped. A hotel staff member tried to adjust the air conditioning but was not successful. The food served at the hotel restaurant was extremely bad, mostly due to poor quality ingredients and overcooking. The lobby was under construction and the upgrades look nice but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I would not attend another business event there, much less book a room and stay the night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank RockyMtnRegular
Mission, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We came to Saskatoon for a fiddle festival and had randomly picked a hotel. Ramada is usually a fine place to stay so I pre-booked a room for 5 nights. Check in was easy and my only negative complaint is that renovations are in progress so I felt more like I was checking into a McDonalds. I guess it was all the t-shirts the staff were wearing regarding the renovation.
Our room was great... very clean. TV's could use updating. Most of the hotels we stay in have LCD/LED/Plasma but the one in our room was an old fashioned tube TV with a terrible/snowy picture.
As for the area... I took my kids for a walk and we didn't get very far. There were too many "scary" people walking by us. The next day when we drove away we noticed some "questionable" apartments just a block away.
If you plan on staying in this hotel, as my title states.. overall it's a nice stay. Our rooms were amazingly clean when we returned. Great maid service!
One other negative comment is the lack of disabled parking. There were only two available and half the time they were taken by people at the convention center. They should have disabled parking reserved for people that are staying at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 85punkrock
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. As you have mentioned, we are in the middle of a major renovation to our hotel lobby, and are looking forward to the brand new finished product. I assure you that it will be sensational.
We are continually upgrading and improving our amenities and services at the hotel, and will be replacing all of our televisions to flat panel LCD versions. Many of the rooms already have them, and I apologize that your particular room did not.
In addition, plans are in place for a remodel and enhancement of the hotel exterior in the spring, and with that will come a parking lot make over, including expansion of the disabled parking stalls.
Once again, I thank you for your comments, you have noted that our guest rooms were "amazingly clean" and I will make sure that these comments reach our housekeeping staff, who work hard every day to ensure a positive guest experience.
Best Regards,
Murray Waters
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Surroundng area looks a little seedy. Lobby torn apart for renovation. Restaurant and bar still look like the sixties. That said, the rooms have been done and look great. If the rest looks as nice when it is done, I would come back.
Came for trade show at hotel.
Staff was very friendly and service oriented.
I would recommend when Reno is complete.....

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Laura60878
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. As noted in many of the previous comments, we are in the process of a complete lobby design renovation. When this project
is finished, we will be moving into other areas of the hotel to upgrade and renovate.
Our team works hard, every day to make sure our guests are taken care of, and your positive comments about our service staff are very much appreciated.

It would be our pleasure to have you back at our property to experience the 'new look', and I thank you for your business.

Murray Waters, GM
----
------
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Booked in early June for a room in the end of July. Had room reserved and called later to add an extra day, All was good until we went to cancel the hotel room. We were told there was no reservation for us and our confirmation number was not valid. We said there better be no charge to my card then. Early August my statement arrives showing it was charged in June for the room with the same date. Called the hotel back again and now the confirmation number worked and they claim we booked it for June. Found my confirmation email and proved it was for July. Hotel would not refund money. Called Credit Card company, showed proof of reservation and confirmation number and magically the same day the hotel is refunding my money..

I would like to add that the hotel desk staff were very ignorant and not a help at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thestuffz
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate your feedback, and as you can see by the many recent TripAdvisor guest comments, we are maintaining our high standards and exceptional customer service. From our investigation into the facts of the incident you have mentioned, it appears that, indeed, mistakes were made, and I have taken the steps to make sure this will not happen again with our valuded guests. It also appears that when the mistake was discovered, a full refund was immediately credited to your credit card, and our staff were professional and accommodating with all of your telephone inquiries. Unfortunately, we are not perfect, but we strive each and every day to provide the very best in customer service and quality accommodation to our guests. Best Regards, Murray Waters.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this property with my Ball Hockey Team and all that I can say is, "Wow!" I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling with a Team to Saskatoon.

They kept us all on one floor and we were all together. The breakfast buffet is a god send, especially when I'm trying to feed 22 sixteen and seventeen year old's first thing in the morning. The restaurant staff were very friendly and worked very hard to get us in and out in a timely fashion. All of the rooms that we were in, were recently renovated and the rooms were clean. The Golf Dome was in it's maintenance cycle, so we didn't get a chance to hit any golf balls in this facility. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any comment on this part of the property.

Although this property has coin operated washing machine and dryer, there is only one of each. I found this somewhat problematic when I was trying to wash my team uniforms. They would be better served adding an additional washer / dryer unit and relocating the machines somewhere else in the hotel making them a little more accessible to guests.

I was somewhat disappointed with the pool area, but in all fairness to the property, I believe that this is next on their list of renovation priorities as a pool renovation is a tremendous undertaking. In the interim, they should still concentrate on vacuuming the pool and liner / water line maintenance. They should look at hiring a consultant to carry out the pool maintenance requirements.

Overall, I would rate this property a very strong 4 out of 5. I was impressed with the presence of physical security on the property ensuring that everything was handled with minimal interruption to the guests. I would especially like to thank Ms. Joan Williams. She was more than accommodating towards our Team's needs and requirements and was very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. She was the difference maker!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business