“A diamond in the rough .....”
Review of Ramada Saskatoon

Ramada Saskatoon
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this property with my Ball Hockey Team and all that I can say is, "Wow!" I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling with a Team to Saskatoon.

They kept us all on one floor and we were all together. The breakfast buffet is a god send, especially when I'm trying to feed 22 sixteen and seventeen year old's first thing in the morning. The restaurant staff were very friendly and worked very hard to get us in and out in a timely fashion. All of the rooms that we were in, were recently renovated and the rooms were clean. The Golf Dome was in it's maintenance cycle, so we didn't get a chance to hit any golf balls in this facility. Unfortunately, I cannot offer any comment on this part of the property.

Although this property has coin operated washing machine and dryer, there is only one of each. I found this somewhat problematic when I was trying to wash my team uniforms. They would be better served adding an additional washer / dryer unit and relocating the machines somewhere else in the hotel making them a little more accessible to guests.

I was somewhat disappointed with the pool area, but in all fairness to the property, I believe that this is next on their list of renovation priorities as a pool renovation is a tremendous undertaking. In the interim, they should still concentrate on vacuuming the pool and liner / water line maintenance. They should look at hiring a consultant to carry out the pool maintenance requirements.

Overall, I would rate this property a very strong 4 out of 5. I was impressed with the presence of physical security on the property ensuring that everything was handled with minimal interruption to the guests. I would especially like to thank Ms. Joan Williams. She was more than accommodating towards our Team's needs and requirements and was very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. She was the difference maker!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ledge4131

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was blown away by the service we had and was very impressed by the overall cleanliness of the building.And was plesantly suprised withthe little fruit basket left by Sharon from the reservation desk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service. Renovations start soon on the lobby, so that we may provide the very best in comfort to our customers.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you (and serving you) in the near future.
Yours in Hospitality,
Murray Waters
t-306-931-3013
murray.waters@saskramada.com

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Sharon Burant was wonderful and went up and above in helping me book rooms for a soccer team, there was many times i had to have her change amount of rooms and she was excellent in acommodating me in doing this . She is very friendly and excellent at her job!!!
This is the best service i have had and i have had to do many bookings for soccer .
See you soon.

Room Tip: The hotel is clean, freshly renovated
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate both the great comments, and the 'no so great'
comments that our valued guests provide to us. It is based on this feedback, that we are able to deal with issues as well as pass along appreciation to our award winning staff.
Sharon has been a valued addition to our team here in Saskatoon, and goes above and beyond to accommodate each guest request, each time.
We look forward to having you back to our hotel in the near future, where you will experience a completely newly renovated lobby. It is another investment in our property, to enhance our guest experience!
Best Regards,
Murray Waters (306) 931-3013
murray.waters@saskramada.com

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Our company held a 5-day meeting at the Ramada Hotel & Golf Dome and were very pleased with the service and support from the folks there. The staff for Sales and Catering exceeded my expectations. They continually went above and beyond to meet our needs and did so in a friendly, yet professinal manner. We will e calling on the staff at Ramada Hotel & Golf for our meeting space needs when we are in the area. I will recommend this location to others for their business/professional meetings.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank grgreer
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words. We take the comments of our guests
very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. We
are very proud of our Catering/Banquet team here at the Ramada, they have built a reputation of excellence through their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction.
An upgrade and renovation to the meeting/banquet areas of the hotel are on the drawing board,
in a continuing effort to attract and maintain great customers like yourself.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed June 3, 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Rooms: Sufficient for my needs. The room had 2 queens and could accommodate a good 3 people. It was clean. There is free internet but it is painfully slow! I was surfing faster on my smart phone. But all in all, it was a good sleep and I was refreshed in the morning.

Location: It was near where I had to be so it was okay for me.

Value: It was worth the convenience.

Reason for stars: I would like it a 3.5 stars. It was a regular stay. The internet was ridiculously slow and the front lobby smelled like old carpet and beer from the bar/restaurant, but it didn't bother me much.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank feedthetraveller
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you had a good sleep, and for the most part, enjoyed your stay. Starting in July, we will be starting a major renovation to the lobby and exterior of the hotel. I believe you will be pleased with the fresh contemporary look that the property will portray, as we continue to invest our efforts (and dollars) into improving and enhancing our guest experience. In addition, I have contacted our wireless internet supplier to thoroughly check our system, and to correct any issues should they be present. Once again, thank you, and we look forward to another chance to serve you! Best Regards....

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My team recently stayed at the Ramada for a weekend hockey tournament. The renovations were amazing, it was like a brand new hotel! I was very impressed. The beds were super comfy and the staff were excellent. The sales manager was excellent to work with, very organized and got things done quickly. Even though my team had MANY last minute changes, she was able to accommodate us. Many thanks, and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Chloe_in_Canada
Joan806, General Manager at Ramada Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after. We believe that travelling with a team is stressful enough, and we like to ensure that going the extra mile for these groups will lessen some of that stress!
We have invested time and resources into improving our property, and we are not finished yet!
Our lobby and hotel exterior are the next areas to be renovated. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, and on behalf of our team here is Saskatoon..... Thank you!