“Worst experience of my life”

Colonial Square Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary
“Worst experience of my life”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Hottel attendant very rude. Checked in for a smoking room after a 8 hour road trip... when I get to my room there was no ashtray so I called the front desk to ask them to bring me one, she then informs me it is a non-smoking establishment. I immediatley packed my things back up and asked for my money back. They refused and when I'm upset over it the manager Waqar Younous then tells me to "SHUT UP!". UNBELIEVABLE!!! ...more discussion and still refusal to refund my money. Only after 45 min and if I were write an apology and after a room inspection to ensure I hadn't smoked in the room did they finally refund my money. So incredibly humiliating. This motel hasn't a clue about hospitality. Verging on dirty, low-life stealing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank DrugstoreHillbilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Cigarette smell throughout the room (so bad in the SHOWER I thought it was on me), super lumpy old pillows, no ACTUAL fitted sheet (just two flat sheets), loud honking directly outside our window for roughly half an hour, bed so eerie and gross we slept on top on the comforter. Definitely WAY overpriced for the quality.
When I called to get my reservation confirmed, the phone rang for roughly 45 rings. Yikes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BJellybean

Travelers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed in the suites this time. It was great! Nice walk to the river trail, Main St & Broadway St. In the past we stayed at the hotel on 8th street & explored the main road. Much prefered the suite with the kitchen facilities since we stayed for the minimum 7 days. We were visiting our mother in a home, so the extra space in the suite was nice to have, just like being at home. It was also nice because we could park the car at the apartment and walk to peaceful areas. We could cook and stay in or walk a short distance and eat out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for New Years Eve. Despite the holiday and the onsite bar and offsale, our room, the hotel and the surrounding parking lot were quiet and we went undisturbed for the night.

Check in was quick and easy. The staff was polite and efficient. Our room was comfortable, clean and cosy. I made our reservation online and was able to choose what floor I wanted to be on and the room/bed sizes were all the same price. In other words, there was no extra charge for the comfortable king size bed. Our only complaint on the room was it was much to warm for our comfort but I didn't think to turn the heat down until late into the night and hot water heat takes a very long time to regulate itself. Had I turned the heat down when i first noticed, it would have been very comfortable. The hallways and decor are very plain and perhaps a bit sterile but really, I don't care about what the place looks like as long as it is clean.

The location of the hotel is on the east side of the city right on a major street. As stated there is a bar and an offsale in the same parking lot. The restaurant is fairly priced with superb food. There are also grocery stores and many other good restaurants within site of the hotel so don't worry about getting lost.

My partner and I had a very enjoyable experience and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed on a Friday night. Check-in was SLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW . . . .checkout was SLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWERRRRR. Bed was ok, but the all-night party in the parking lot (motel has a late-night bar and off-sale outlet in the same complex) woke us up more than once. The $200 deposit demanded was excessive, and delayed checkout while our room was reviewed by staff: this policy appears to be specially directed to First Nations individuals. (I'm 56, and my significant other is 48, so I guess we look like "wrecker" types.) The hair dryer started so slowly I thought it was a jet engine warming up. Paint job in the washroom was incomplete, and washroom door interfered with toilet use. Paper-thin walls mean the idiot who ran his car for 20 minutes at 6 AM (while showering) contributes to your sleeplessness. Unfortunately, this is now the only motel on the east side of the city within a 5-minute drive of downtown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank ttbclav
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We chose this motel for its proximity to our daughter's house by the university. Accommodations in Canada are generally overpriced and at $120/night this is no exception. Room was large and clean but the bed was hard and poorly made (had to tuck the sheets in ourselves). Stairwell was filthy, with muddy carpets and chunks of mud. Front desk staff was efficient but cold and unfriendly. We begrudging got a half-hour late checkout. I doubt I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bdwernychuk
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed in the extended stay apartments. Recently renovated unit, however, not that clean. Very dusty with bottles under the bed. Upon entering unit, greeted by sound of air conditioner shorting out. Called the hotel desk, janitor came and pronounced it dead. Could not replace it that day. Asked for fans as it was 29 degrees and very humid. Told to buy some and they would pay me back. Was offered a room at the motel for the night. Did not really wish to move twice. Unit was replaced at 0745 the next day.

The apartments are adequte and for the price a deal. The motel looks a bit sketchy. Several liquor outlets either in the motel or the parking lot, probably would not stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business