“Awesome Staff but in need of serious upgrade”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to S'toon for Pink concert with all hotels sold out.
Supply and demand is why we paid what we paid for that room.
Very rich considering room appearance as per upgrade comment.
We got the last room at the Heritage Inn and the staff was amazing from the original call to check out.
Jody was accommodating with early check in and late check out.
Oh and note to self General Manager
First impressions go along way.
You might think of either cleaning up your office or closing the door.
Lead by example

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad that you managed to get a room with us while the Pink concert was in town and that our front desk staff was accommodating to you and your partner. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the Staff.
I really do appreciate your note regarding the appearance of my office. We had a sporting team in-house that night and I allowed them to store some of their items in my office. It is a small space and it did appear to be very cluttered. In hindsight I should have kept the door closed and agree that this may have given a negative impression. Next time I will be more aware of this.
I also wanted to let you know that we are starting renovations to our room division and lobby area next month and great improvements are scheduled. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon and again thank you for taking the time to comment.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I'm staying here as I write this. Nervous.
First, I'd like to say I've travelled numerous times by myself to large cities and small towns. I haven't been afraid before. Even where I didn't speak the language.
As I got out to check in, groups of drunk men leered at me, making comments. I nearly asked the front desk agent to escort me to move my car out of the temp spot.
2 other men closely watched me check in, then joined me in the elevator only to get off on the same floor. I felt so uncomfortable that I pretended to forget something to stall my getting off at the same time.
I eventually got to my room, but there was no additional lock/chain for the door. I'm going to try to sleep.
And the room is dingy at best.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ShowPonyBC
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest
I was very disturbed to read your post. It is never acceptable for any guest to feel unsafe and I assure you that if you had expressed this to our staff in any way they would have ensured that your mind was put at ease. I apologize that the actions of these inconsiderate individuals affected your state of mind and your overall impression of our hotel. We have on site security and routine inspections of each floor and the outside premises are policy. I have reminded our Staff to be more proactive in managing the activities around the front desk as well as the rest of the hotel and to be especially aware of interactions involving any guests that appear to have been drinking. For your safety we also have a deadbolt on each door, which can only be opened with a master key. 40% of our guest rooms have been renovated with the remainder scheduled for the 2014 along with the public areas. The room you stayed in is one of the rooms scheduled for the upgrade.
Once again, I am truly sorry for your experience and assure you that this is not a common occurrence. I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Sincerely
Mike Ulene

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were on an overnight trip for my husband to attend a meeting. We did not have a reservation and arrived in Saskatoon in the late evening. We found the hotel by chance and were grateful to get off the road. The receptionist was very accomodating and gave us a room on the second floor, not too far from the elevators as I have bad knees for walking. The beds were comfortable and the hotel is somewhat off the main roadways and so was very quiet.. In the morning, we found it dificult to find a plugin for the coffee maker and subsequently found that there were numerous "octopus" plugs in the room. The bathroom definitely needs some work. The sink had numerous cracks and the taps in the bathtub had been replaced, leaving holes where the original taps had been. I did not use the tub or shower since it did not have safety bars and was difficult to use. My husband had a shower and he reported that the shower was very slow and the replaced taps were difficult to manage. There were dark hairs in the bathtub, and since we are both blondish-grey, the hairs did not come from us.
Overall, any staff that we came into contact with at the hotel were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marie M
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
We value all guest opinions and use your feedback to better our product and services. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
We are starting the second stage of renovations here in the hotel including the balance of our guest rooms and common areas. We will also be doing an extensive renovation to the exterior of the hotel.
I was very upset to hear about the cleanliness of your bathtub. This will be reviewed at our next Manager’s meeting and presented as a reminder to our housekeepers to keep up with our high standards.
We would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Saskatoon, so that you may see all the new features of our hotel. For future reference, we do have 10 rooms that are considered handicap access rooms. These rooms have bathtubs with handles on the walls for your safety and convenience.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a quick one night business trip and stayed here as it was where my meeting was, and it was close to the airport, The staff were friendly and helpful and yes, it is close to the airport, But, the decor and room amenities are very dated and old, They need to replace the furniture, paint, upgrade the place and give it a modern over hall,

That being said, the food was reasonable and the staff are very friendly, It should be a little bit less expensive due to the dated nature of the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. We value the opinion of all our customers and strive for complete customer satisfaction.
In the next few months, we will be starting the second phase of renovations, which will include a complete upgrade of our remaining guest rooms and common areas. We have upgraded the top two floors, with plans to complete the whole hotel in the next year. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and that our staff was friendly during your visit. I would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Saskatoon, and present you with all the upgrades and renovations that we are in the process of doing.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

If this hotel were charging $49 a night, I wouldn't do this review. But for $120, this just isn't worth it. This is a very old hotel, but lacks the charm that many old hotels hold onto. AC is the smallest unit you can buy and turned off so the guest has 2 hours before they're comfortable. Ice machine didn't work. Sink has 20 or so cracks in it and plenty of beer bottle chinks in the Formica. No white fluffy towels here, just grey thin ones. Sheets are grey and threadbare too and the mattresses sag big time. Unless you see this hotel under $50, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank garymeth5

Dear Guest,
I was distressed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are in the process of a major upgrade and are making many changes to offer our guests value and comfort.
These upgraded rooms offer renovated washrooms, new flooring, new furnishings, pillow top mattresses, new linens and many other upgrades.
I apologize that your stay was not up to expectations and would hope that if you are in the area again, you will choose to stay so that I may invite you see the changes we are making.
Mike Ulene

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked our stay on line it cost us &148.00 for a room with two queen beds. When we checked in I up graded to a King room and ti cost an extra $57.00 so now we are over $200.00. Got on to the elevator and we already had reservations, elevator was well used and was missing some panels. Our room was on the sixth floor, walked in and walked out......room was old like from a 1960 movie old miss matched furniture, bed was not up graded, small old TV, paint chipping off window box air conditioner.
Went back to front desk to advise them we would not be staying here, they were very good at the desk. Had me call Hotels.com from the front desk they refunded my money and we found an other hotel that met my standards for $40.00 less.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Client satisfaction is very important to us and I am glad that our front desk was able assist you.
I have renovated many of the rooms on the top floors of the hotel with the remaining rooms and common areas scheduled for a major renovation beginning this summer. I have installed new elevator systems but am waiting until room renovations are complete to replace the interior elevator panels.
I would like to offer you a reduced rate and a complimentary upgrade on your next visit to Saskatoon so that we may show you all the improvements being made.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night well attending a wedding in Saskatoon, our room was small but suited our needs for the night, we were suppose to get a room on the 5th floor but the lady gave us a room on the 2nd floor I didn't question it as she let us check in early and this gave us time to get ready for the wedding. We checked out the lounge which was nice and cozy, breakfest at the restaurant in the morning was very good. We would stay here again if we were in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate that you took a moment to post your review. Our staff does their best to accommodate guest requests and it was our pleasure to welcome you for your early check in. It was great that you had a chance to enjoy the food and service in our restaurant and lounge and I will be sure to share your positive comments with my staff. They are always thrilled to know their efforts are recognized. Thank you for sharing.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Sincerely