“Fine hotel for an overnight stay for cancelled flight”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary AB
“Fine hotel for an overnight stay for cancelled flight”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I was forced to stay here last night after a cancelled flight. It doesnt look like much and the layout is odd(stairs to get to the elevator on main). Rooms are simple but beds were comfortable. In a nonsmoking room but smell of cigarette smoke in hallway (not hotels fault).
Annoyance was phone cutting out and tv-while waiting on hold for airline so had to keep calling in (never did get through thanks Air Canada). Gave me a taxi coupon to the airport. Restaurant was surprisingly good (just sandwiches)
This was no vacation destination but if you find yourself stuck in Saskatoon it is certainly a reasonable option. They are obviously trying hard to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Heritage Inn Saskatoon. We value our guest’s feedback and strive to offer a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. We are in process of renovating our guest rooms and common areas as well our elevators. We hope to have this completed in the very near future and our lobby is slated for renovation in the new year. I am aware of the telephone and television outage problems that took place during your stay and do apologize for this inconvenience. A large part of Saskatoon was affected as Shaw’s services were interrupted by bad weather. I appreciate the positive feedback of our Seasons Café & Eatery and will pass your comments onto the staff.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to having you back on your next visit to Saskatoon.

Sincerely:
Michael Ulene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here on business and only stayed one night. Access to the hotel is easy. Circle Drive is close to the hotel and easy to access.

This hotel is clean but shows some of its age structurally. The lobby is not fancy but functional. Front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms were quiet and no street noise was heard.

The elevator is a bit of a rickety ride and those fearful of elevators might have issues.

The rooms are clean, and do show the upgrades. There are new TV's in the room, the beds are comfortable, soft and very high. There is an extra pillow and blanket in the closet. The bathrooms is where the biggest difference shows. They are clean and very well constructed. The shower has plenty of hot water, and a curved shower curtain rod so the shower feels very roomy. The bathroom appliances have been updated.

Our room had a microwave and fridge. The restaurant was not open due to a holiday. This is one of the few hotels in Saskatoon that still allows smoking in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at the Heritage Inn Saskatoon. We value our guest’s comments and opinions, and it’s our goal to offer a comfortable stay with superior customer service.
We are in the process of renovating and upgrading additional guest rooms and common areas. Guest rooms on three of our six floors have been completed. We are presently installing brand new elevators, which will be completed in the next few months and also have plans to renovate the lobby next year.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon so that you may experience all the renovations and upgrades that we are in the process of doing. Hopefully, on your next visit, you will also be able to experience our Season’s Café & Eatery or Heritage Lounge, where we serve delicious food at a reasonable price.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre - Saskatoon
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Room is small and it is the Premium upgrade. No towel bars, poor WiFi if you are using an IPad.
One of the 2 elevators is jerky and highly perfumed.

Inconvenient plugins.

It is quiet, and if you are travelling alone, then, it might work.
It is clean, I'll give it that.

Give it a pass unless you are desperate.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean B
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest.
We strive to offer each guest a comfortable stay with great service and I was concerned to read that your stay was not up to your satisfaction. We have just completed renovations to a number of our guest rooms, providing many upgraded amenities, including powerbars in each room. These powerbars ensure easy access to the electrical plugs. I have asked my staff to confirm these bars are in place for each incoming guest. The new bathrooms also include new towel bars, which were on order and have just arrived. These new bars are being installed immediately.
The hotel has recently upgraded the WIFI system to increase speeds in all our guest rooms and public areas. I will be investigating your comment to ensure this new system is working properly. I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We are also in the process of upgrading our elevators, which will start next month.
Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we are renovating and upgrading to meet your needs. We hope that you may consider staying with us again to experience the changes we are making. Please contact me directly so that I may ensure your stay will be in comfort.

Mike Ulene
Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre, Saskatoon
Pincher Creek, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for our nephews wedding that was being held here and our room was old and outdated our toilet was broken and was being held with silicone, no fridge so we used garbage cans filled with ice to keep drinks cold burn marks all over the 1970's bathroom vanity patched hole in the bathroom wall, definately not a profressional, old beds, broken chair, all in all I would not suggest this hotel to stay in especially for the price way over priced for what you get I was very dissappinted

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy D
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
My apologies for the unsatisfactory stay you had at the hotel. Our efforts are to provide a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price. There were certainly items that you mentioned that could have been dealt with differently, and I have reviewed this directly with our maintenance staff and housekeeping staff.
We are currently upgrading our property, with about 40% of our guest rooms completed and continued renovations scheduled. All our newly renovated guest rooms consist of new pillow top beds, new linen, new hand and bath towels, new fridge and microwaves, iron and ironing boards, and flat screen televisions. Renovations are planned not only for the guest rooms, but also the public areas
I do hope that you may reconsider staying with us again so that I may offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly renovated premiere rooms. Please contact me directly.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great price for a hotel that is slowly renovating and turning itself into a great hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful, especially the manager, Michael. He answered all my questions and made sure that anything I needed was met to the best of their abilities.

Room Tip: See if they have any renovated rooms available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and are happy that everything was up to your satisfaction. I have passed your comments along to our staff, which really made their day. They really appreciate being recognized for their hard work.
I am glad that you have noticed the many improvements to our hotel. We have many more future plans scheduled in order to improve the quality of stay for all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying in this hotel as a last resort because all Saskatoon hotels near the airport were fully booked. While the hotel manager here on TripAdvisor states that the hotel has been newly renovated, this was not evident from my stay. The room was extremely outdated and literally falling apart. The covering of the air conditioning system fell off when I touched it and was extremely dusty underneath. The television is older than the one I had as a kid growing up in the 90's. Additionally the beds and walls and everything just looks severely outdated. If this is what the room looks like after the renovations, I can't imagine how awful it must have been before. What's worst about this hotel is the price. It is the same price as the considerably superior Saskatoon Inn across the street. Avoid this terrible hotel and stay in the Saskatoon Inn instead.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I was distressed to read of your experience during your recent stay with us. As I have stated in response to some reviews on this site, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and we are around 40% complete. The upgrades to our renovated units are extensive and the upgrades are evident. You were in a room that is scheduled for renovations but has not yet been started. That being said, we strive to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay no matter which style of room they pay for. I have brought your comments to the attention of both our housekeeping and maintenance staff.
Should you find yourself in the Saskatoon area again, I hope that you will consider giving us another chance. Please contact me directly, and I would be happy to upgrade you to one of our renovated premier rooms.