Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Sheraton.com
$80
$76
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Saskatoon(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
$70
HIExpress.com
$87
$79
Agoda.com
All reviewsthird floorlots of varietyrooms are cleanairportupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying in this hotel as a last resort because all Saskatoon hotels near the airport were fully booked. While the hotel manager here on TripAdvisor states that the hotel has been newly renovated, this was not evident from my stay. The room was extremely outdated and literally falling apart. The covering of the air conditioning system fell off when I touched it and was extremely dusty underneath. The television is older than the one I had as a kid growing up in the 90's. Additionally the beds and walls and everything just looks severely outdated. If this is what the room looks like after the renovations, I can't imagine how awful it must have been before. What's worst about this hotel is the price. It is the same price as the considerably superior Saskatoon Inn across the street. Avoid this terrible hotel and stay in the Saskatoon Inn instead.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest,
I was distressed to read of your experience during your recent stay with us. As I have stated in response to some reviews on this site, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and we are around 40% complete. The upgrades to our renovated units are extensive and the upgrades are evident. You were in a room that is scheduled for renovations but has not yet been started. That being said, we strive to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay no matter which style of room they pay for. I have brought your comments to the attention of both our housekeeping and maintenance staff.
Should you find yourself in the Saskatoon area again, I hope that you will consider giving us another chance. Please contact me directly, and I would be happy to upgrade you to one of our renovated premier rooms.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I travel quite extensively and rarely have I come across a facility with staff members so willing to see that my every need was met. The manager, Mike, went above and beyond several times. Every employee I had contact with was friendly and genuinely concerned that I was having a good stay. The facility itself is nothing fancy but it is adequate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your recent stay. We appreciate your business and are happy that you had a satisfactory stay. We strive on strong customer service and I was very pleased to hear about your positive feedback concerning our staff. I have ensured that our staff was made aware of your experience and have no doubt this was gratifying for them to read. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and common areas to better serve our guests, and we look forward to your next visit so that you may continue to see the improvements we are committed to.
Thanks again for your positive review.
Sincerely
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, Saskatoon

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Under unfortunate circumstances we found ourselves staying at the Heritage Inn. On the plus side they did have a power strip in our room which is something that most, even high end, hotels can't seem to provide. Secondly there were no bed bugs. Thirdly the hotel is close to the airport. On the down side the hotel is in need of an overhaul. The photos on the website are of the rooms that they have renovated. The rest of the rooms are hit. Paint is peeling off of the windows. The carpet is filthy. The bathrooms are dated and stained. Our tv was tiny and black and white (to the TV makers credit I think the color was broken not non existent). If all you look for is proximity to the airport and power strips this hotel is aces. If you look for anything else I suggest looking elsewhere unless other options don't exist.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank skibumajg
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced some troubles with your room. I have brought these items to the attention of my maintenance staff and corrections are being made. As you noted, I am in the process of updating our guest rooms, as well as many of the common areas. To date, the top floors have been completed, and continued renovations are scheduled. Our newly renovated guest rooms consist of new carpets, new pillow top mattresses, duvets, flat screen televisions, fridges/microwaves and many more updates.
Yes, I can offer a close proximity to the airport, and it is also my goal to provide customers with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable price. Should you find yourself back in the Saskatoon area, I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of the newly renovated premier rooms. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that your stay is to your satisfaction.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

As someone who travels 260+ days ayear on business, I stay at many 1st class facilities. The problem is many of these places come across as cold and impersonal. Not so on my stay at the Heritage. As for the facilities, the rooms are clean and relatively spacious for the business traveler. The facility is currently redecorating and upgrading the rooms. the restaurant is clean and spacious. The menu is varied and the quality of the food was very good. Real bang for the buck! Try the oven baked lassagne or the pork chops! The lounge, though not very large, was well stocked and value friendly. All that being said, the attentiveness and professionlism of the staff has sold me on making this a regular stop in my travels. General manager, Michael Ulene seemed to be on the property 24 hours a day! Not out of necessity, rather just personally insuring the satisfaction of every guest. At the front desk, Teagan and Crystal were always ready to go the extra mile to accomodate my needs for locale info or business needs. Amavingly with smiles on their faces and a genuine concern for m,e in the manner and tone with which they spoke. In the lounge, Elysse, the bartender, was both professional and friendly. A group of friends and myself tested her knowledge of mixology, which she passed with flying colors! In conclussion, the staff's level of service asa well as the warmth with which it was delivered has sealed the deal for making the Heritage a regular stop in my travels!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

TA Reply – SHI – June 10/12 -People make the difference
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and would like to thank you for your review. Your positive comments on our employees and restaurant services have been shared with both our staff and management. It is our goal, here at the Heritage Inn, to provide all our guests with clean and comfortable accommodation, as well as, superior service. As you mentioned, we are currently upgrading and renovating and are excited about the value and comfort these upgrades offer to our customers.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Heritage Inn on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Sincerely:

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I'll start with the positives: Upside, great location and very quiet.

the rest of the story: My husband I booked two nights online and received what we thought was a generous 30% deduction. Check-in went smoothly because we had prepaid but we were stunned when we were asked for a $100 deposit! I joked with the clerk that maybe they were trying to prevent the theft of a towel; he merely replied that it was 'policy'. we reluctantly left a credit card pre-authorization for the deposit. Fast forwardt o check out - when asked for a receipt/proof that the deposit was refunded we were told that it had been deleted! We'll be watching our statement!
We should have checked these reviews with management's responses and requested a renovated room! We saw ours and wondered how anyone could do $100 worth of damage to the sad, litle room! One bed with a hard, thin mattress, dark depressing carpet, but like other reviewers, ithe bathroom was the worst we've ever had! there was virtually no vanity, the sink was so scarred and rusty that I tried to avoid touching it, towels were few and skimpy.

Hard to rate cleanliness - dark carpet and sink that would have defied any cleaner's attempts!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda D
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest
I was sorry to read that your recent stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. It is my goal to offer a clean and comfortable stay to each and every guest.
Our front desk staff is trained to provide the customer with answers and solutions to all concerns, and I would like to apologize that the deposit procedure was not better explained. A credit card pre-authorization is fairly standard in the hotel industry and is provided to cover any additional room charges such as food, long distance charges etc. This is not a charge, but only a hold of funds, and will not show up on your monthly statement and is deleted on check out or cancelled automatically after 7 days if not completed. I have reviewed this again with front desk staff to ensure complete understanding.
The hotel has undergone several improvements to our public areas as well our guest room division and continued renovations are scheduled.
Should you find yourself, once again, in the Saskatoon area, we hope that you will choose to give us another chance to demonstrate to you our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly renovated rooms.
Sincerely