“Excellent staff”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Arlington
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I travel quite extensively and rarely have I come across a facility with staff members so willing to see that my every need was met. The manager, Mike, went above and beyond several times. Every employee I had contact with was friendly and genuinely concerned that I was having a good stay. The facility itself is nothing fancy but it is adequate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your recent stay. We appreciate your business and are happy that you had a satisfactory stay. We strive on strong customer service and I was very pleased to hear about your positive feedback concerning our staff. I have ensured that our staff was made aware of your experience and have no doubt this was gratifying for them to read. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and common areas to better serve our guests, and we look forward to your next visit so that you may continue to see the improvements we are committed to.
Thanks again for your positive review.
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, Saskatoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Under unfortunate circumstances we found ourselves staying at the Heritage Inn. On the plus side they did have a power strip in our room which is something that most, even high end, hotels can't seem to provide. Secondly there were no bed bugs. Thirdly the hotel is close to the airport. On the down side the hotel is in need of an overhaul. The photos on the website are of the rooms that they have renovated. The rest of the rooms are hit. Paint is peeling off of the windows. The carpet is filthy. The bathrooms are dated and stained. Our tv was tiny and black and white (to the TV makers credit I think the color was broken not non existent). If all you look for is proximity to the airport and power strips this hotel is aces. If you look for anything else I suggest looking elsewhere unless other options don't exist.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank skibumajg
, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced some troubles with your room. I have brought these items to the attention of my maintenance staff and corrections are being made. As you noted, I am in the process of updating our guest rooms, as well as many of the common areas. To date, the top floors have been completed, and continued renovations are scheduled. Our newly renovated guest rooms consist of new carpets, new pillow top mattresses, duvets, flat screen televisions, fridges/microwaves and many more updates.
Yes, I can offer a close proximity to the airport, and it is also my goal to provide customers with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable price. Should you find yourself back in the Saskatoon area, I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of the newly renovated premier rooms. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that your stay is to your satisfaction.
HAMPTON
Reviewed June 9, 2012

As someone who travels 260+ days ayear on business, I stay at many 1st class facilities. The problem is many of these places come across as cold and impersonal. Not so on my stay at the Heritage. As for the facilities, the rooms are clean and relatively spacious for the business traveler. The facility is currently redecorating and upgrading the rooms. the restaurant is clean and spacious. The menu is varied and the quality of the food was very good. Real bang for the buck! Try the oven baked lassagne or the pork chops! The lounge, though not very large, was well stocked and value friendly. All that being said, the attentiveness and professionlism of the staff has sold me on making this a regular stop in my travels. General manager, Michael Ulene seemed to be on the property 24 hours a day! Not out of necessity, rather just personally insuring the satisfaction of every guest. At the front desk, Teagan and Crystal were always ready to go the extra mile to accomodate my needs for locale info or business needs. Amavingly with smiles on their faces and a genuine concern for m,e in the manner and tone with which they spoke. In the lounge, Elysse, the bartender, was both professional and friendly. A group of friends and myself tested her knowledge of mixology, which she passed with flying colors! In conclussion, the staff's level of service asa well as the warmth with which it was delivered has sealed the deal for making the Heritage a regular stop in my travels!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
TA Reply – SHI – June 10/12 -People make the difference
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and would like to thank you for your review. Your positive comments on our employees and restaurant services have been shared with both our staff and management. It is our goal, here at the Heritage Inn, to provide all our guests with clean and comfortable accommodation, as well as, superior service. As you mentioned, we are currently upgrading and renovating and are excited about the value and comfort these upgrades offer to our customers.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Heritage Inn on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Sincerely:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I'll start with the positives: Upside, great location and very quiet.

the rest of the story: My husband I booked two nights online and received what we thought was a generous 30% deduction. Check-in went smoothly because we had prepaid but we were stunned when we were asked for a $100 deposit! I joked with the clerk that maybe they were trying to prevent the theft of a towel; he merely replied that it was 'policy'. we reluctantly left a credit card pre-authorization for the deposit. Fast forwardt o check out - when asked for a receipt/proof that the deposit was refunded we were told that it had been deleted! We'll be watching our statement!
We should have checked these reviews with management's responses and requested a renovated room! We saw ours and wondered how anyone could do $100 worth of damage to the sad, litle room! One bed with a hard, thin mattress, dark depressing carpet, but like other reviewers, ithe bathroom was the worst we've ever had! there was virtually no vanity, the sink was so scarred and rusty that I tried to avoid touching it, towels were few and skimpy.

Hard to rate cleanliness - dark carpet and sink that would have defied any cleaner's attempts!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda D
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest
I was sorry to read that your recent stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. It is my goal to offer a clean and comfortable stay to each and every guest.
Our front desk staff is trained to provide the customer with answers and solutions to all concerns, and I would like to apologize that the deposit procedure was not better explained. A credit card pre-authorization is fairly standard in the hotel industry and is provided to cover any additional room charges such as food, long distance charges etc. This is not a charge, but only a hold of funds, and will not show up on your monthly statement and is deleted on check out or cancelled automatically after 7 days if not completed. I have reviewed this again with front desk staff to ensure complete understanding.
The hotel has undergone several improvements to our public areas as well our guest room division and continued renovations are scheduled.
Should you find yourself, once again, in the Saskatoon area, we hope that you will choose to give us another chance to demonstrate to you our commitment to customer satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly renovated rooms.
Leader
Reviewed May 11, 2012

In a recent unplanned trip to Saskatoon the Heritage Inn was recommended by a family member, so I booked it. Upon arrival staff was courteous though not all that welcoming. The room was small with not much space for anything other than sleeping. But it was the bathroom that makes my rating for this place slide to the lower end. The disrepair of the tub/shower, the cracked and stained sink, all in all not what I expected. For the most part I look for two things in hotel room amenities; good, clean bed and a good, clean bathroom. Since the latter disappointed me tremendously, it garners this rating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I have recently completed guest room renovations on the top 3 floors along with some public areas. These complete guest room renovations include bathroom upgrades, new carpets, pillow top mattresses, flat screen televisions, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing boards. The remaining rooms are scheduled for renovation in the coming months.
If your future plans involve returning to Saskatoon, I sincerely hope that you would give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations, and stay with us again. Please call me directly and I will ensure that you receive a complimentary upgrade to one of our newly renovated premier rooms. We value your business, and look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Regards,
Palos Hills, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had to travel to Saskatoon on short notice for business and everything was booked. So, I got in at the Heritage Inn. It is not anything fancy and probably needs an upgrade but the room I was in was nice and clean, had a fridge and a kitchen area. So, I can't really complain. Exercise room also could use a face lift. All in all a god location and for what it is not a bad place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and want to thank you for posting your comments. I am in the process of renovating our guest rooms and public areas and have just completed the top 2 floors. Our new guest rooms are completely upgraded with comfortable new beds, linens, fridges, microwaves and carpeting etc. I have the remaining rooms scheduled for renovations in the near future. Your comment regarding the exercise room was also noted and since this is a new addition to the property I was surprised to read that it appeared dated. I will be reviewing this with our staff to ensure that this space is inviting and everything is functioning as it should.
Should you find yourself, once again, in the Saskatoon area, we hope that you will choose to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may book you into one of our newly renovated rooms.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 22, 2012

In any stable city, this hotel would either be out of business or dirt cheap. Because Saskatoonis booming, they are expensive and full. But hopefully not all of us lot our common sense.
If you are an optimistic and upbeat person, even you will have trouble not being depressed and missing home, besides questioning "what didn't I study more so I didn't need to get this job".

Wi Fi is bad and unrealiable.

The lobby is bad and dirty, the bathroom is old, really terrible. The staff is OK.

The location is fine and it was clean though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cannuck1964
Dear Guest;
I was very sorry to read that you were unsatisfied with your stay here at the Heritage Inn and I would like to apologize for any discomfort that you experienced. We have recently undergone renovations in our guest rooms on the top 2 floors and are continuing with the remainder in the near future. Our guest room renovations include a new pillow top mattress with duvet, new fridge and microwave, new flat screen TV and new carpets along with several other upgrades. I have also scheduled renovations to our lobby and public areas.
It is our goal to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay and we hope that we can show you all the improvements we are making. Should you come to Saskatoon again, please contact me directly, and I will ensure you are booked into one of our newly renovated rooms.
Mike Ulene