“excellent location, value”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Canada
“excellent location, value”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a 5 hour flight layover through Saskatoon so my primary aim was to get some sleep. The room was quiet and clean, the water took a minute to heat up but the water pressure was very good and the shampoo was good, there was a microwave, coffee maker, and a small fridge, the TV worked well, the bed was comfortable and the temperature was appropriate. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The walls may have been a bit thin, I hear a few murmurs from the next room, but I am a very sound sleeper and I achieved my objective!

Note for those coming from the airport, there is no shuttle service to this hotel BUT the hotel issued me a coupon for a free ride back to the airport (the cab was about $7 to get to the hotel from the airport) and the taxi was very prompt for my 4am departure. I was not there long enough to try out the restaurant but the menu looked appealing.

I'd definitely stay again, and for a budget hotel, I'm giving this one a rating of 4, the only thing that could be better is the price, which I would like to see in the $85 range, though in Saskatoon the ~$110 I paid is still good value from what I understand.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay with us. It was great to read that your overall experience was a positive one. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff and management team.
Our close proximity to the airport and the major highways make the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center a convenient choice.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Saskatoon. Hopefully, next time, you can enjoy a meal in Season’s Café & Eatery or catch a game on the big screen in the Heritage Lounge.
Michael Ulene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Hotel is very close to the airport and very clean hotel. Staff on the front desk and the staff in attached cafe made it easy for me to stay here. Would highly recommend this hotel and the room service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre.
I have passed your comments along to my management team and shared your compliments with the staff. We strive for every guest’s absolute satisfaction. We hope that this, along with our proximity to the airport, will keep you coming back.
Thank you again for your patronage.
Amherstburg, Ontario
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Staff were courteous and helpful.
Phone didn't work. Toilet wouldn't flush.
They moved us immediately to the room next door.
Beds were comfortable. Everything else in the room was poorly and cheaply finished and old.
Toilet and sinks were old and chipped. Grouting appeared unsanitary.
Spend a few more dollars to go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brunsman
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Guest:
I would like to start by thanking you for your comments and concerns. Your compliments regarding the staff have been passed along and we do thank you for mentioning this.
We apologize for the problems that you encountered with your room. We are in the process of renovating and would greatly appreciate you giving our hotel a second chance. We have just renovated our 5th and 6th floor, with new beds, linen, flat screen televisions, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board and new carpets. We have plans to complete the renovations to our other floors in the near future.
We do hope that if you, once again, find yourself in Saskatoon, you might give us the opportunity to accommodate you and show you the changes we have made. Please contact me directly, and I will personally ensure you receive an upgrade at no additional cost.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The hotel has a good location.We had a good meal in the restaurant.The staff we dealt with did a good job. Our room was pricey and needed some attention.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear Guest,
I wish to begin by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. By receiving this feedback we can improve the quality of our hotel and service.
Our guest room renovations are currently under way. We have started with our top two floors, which will include new pillow top beds with duvets, new flat screen televisions, new fridges, carpets and microwaves. We are confident that after completion of our renovations, we will deliver a superior product at a reasonable price.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We ordered a queen size room and we got a double after we had paid. The shower head was WAY too short, I am 5"7 and I had to bend down to use it. Pillows were thin, breakfast was not included and it was not work the $120 I paid. The woman in the restaurant was very nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time in Saskatoon to avoid this last resort
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carla H
Dear Guest,
I would like to personally apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Your feedback in very important to us, as we strive to offer our guests a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. I am very sorry for the error made in your room type. I have brought your complaint to the attention of our front desk staff, as a corrective example, to ensure that this will not happen again.
We are in process of renovating our guest rooms and would greatly appreciate you giving our hotel a second chance. If you would like to call me personally, I will ensure that you will receive an upgrade. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in the near future.
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2011

It was worse than you would find in downtown Havana. Stayed here to be close to the airport. But I would recommend to drive the hundred miles or whatever it takes cause you would think your in a third world country if you stay here. And the price $145 for a single. Just don't do it!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank gweniecn
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center - Saskatoon, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear Guest,
I would like to personally apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your most recent stay. We take guest feedback very seriously and your comments have been reviewed accordingly with all levels of management and staff. We are currently under an extensive renovation program to our guest rooms and pool area and are committed to continue with ongoing improvements and staff training. Should you again find yourself in need of a convenient airport hotel, we do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. We are sure you would appreciate the improvements we are making to offer you a comfortable stay at a reasonable price.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel because we were desperate and there was zero vacancy in the rest of Saskatoon.(I called 14 hotels)The hotel itself is run down but is receiving a face lift as we speak, so that might improve in the near future. The location was good and easy to find. Unfortunately one of the front desk staff is absolutely horrible.She was curt, unhelpful and down right rude. I imagine they lose dozens of customers per day due to this woman's attitude. Had we been able to go somewhere else, we surely would have. Upon calling the hotel a second time to book the room I was connected to a new person...Mike was his name and he was great! He apologized for the lady's behavior and assured us that we should come give the hotel a try.We did and it was fine. Not great, but not bad either. When the pool is operational and renovations are done we will consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mexicofun201006
Dear Guest,
We would, once again, like to apologize for the negative experience that you had with one of our staff. We are using your feedback as a corrective example for improving our product and service standards. Your comments have been taken seriously and reviews with management and staff have taken place. A strong commitment is being made towards customer service training. As you noted, we are currently under renovations in our guest room division and pool area. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We hope you will return to see the improvements and stay with us again.