“Decent hotel but a bit noisy.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Naicam, Canada
“Decent hotel but a bit noisy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel often for work and have found it to be a decent hotel but for some reason it is getting noisier lately. Recent visits have had lots of late night activity and the doors bang really loud as people enter and exit their rooms. The beds are comfortable and the room is clean but often the bathrooms are less than sparkling including hair in my tub this visit. The garbage cans could also have used a good scrubbing. Like many hotels they no longer put bags in the cans which I appreciate for environmental reasons but they didn't appear to have been washed out and were grungy in the bottoms. The breakfast is always good and I always use the fitness room and appreciate the nice treadmill.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stairwells to avoid being woken by the heavy doors banging and people m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for spending your time to share your concerns with me. I apologize for the experience you had with the noise level and the cleanliness in your room. I have addressed your concerns with our team so that a similar situation does not happen again and we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked this through Royal Bank points, so I can't attest to the value. However, this was a decent hotel in a great location. It is located just off of Circle Drive, so it's easy to get in and out of the city from here, or to another location within the city. It is set back a little from Circle Drive, so it was fairly quiet. We only spent one night, but it was very comfortable, the room was clean, and the bed was fine. A little harder than I'm used to, but it wasn't too hard. The breakfast was good, with make your own waffles, yogurt, eggs, etc. Because we were only staying for a short time, I didn't even check to see if this hotel had a pool or hot tub. I don't remember seeing one.

There were apples that we could have at any time, and the coffee was always on. The front desk staff was very pleasant. There was a Denny's within walking distance, although we didn't use it. I had no problem with this hotel, and would book it again if we were going through Saskatoon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, staff and location. We hope to see you again soon!
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed here a few times. IT's your basic hotel. Things are a bit dated but my room was clean. Hotel can be a bit noisy depending on who's staying there so the construction quality is that of a Super 8 (wood frame with a bit of insulation most likely). Staff has always been friendly and helpful. You're also a 2 min walk from the 24hr Denny's. That's a bonus. They also let me park my car in the lot on one of the trips. That was swell. It is a bit pricey ($150/night) but most hotels are in Toontown now.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room on the East side if you have to unload a lot of gear. Most of these room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beds were uncomfortable and pillows gross. The bathroom had hair in floor and the comforter had stains all over it. Sheets ha holes in them. I'd pay the extra and stay in a BW or something better. Can't believe it had such high reviews.

• Stayed August 2013
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience. I have addressed this with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
CREIGHTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived at noon and Shelly was able to get us into our room right away - I had to start prepping for a medical procedure the next day, so was very happy to get the room so quickly. She offered us a choice of ground, 2nd or 3rd floor - we always stay on the 2nd or 3rd, but I asked if she would show us the ground floor room - which she very nicely did, and we took it. They also checked later on in the day to see if there was anything we needed.
The carpets in the room could use a change, but overall I really like this hotel - the breakfasts are very good too.
Just a note - during rush hour it takes quite a while to get to the hotel from Circle Drive as there is just so much traffic.

Room Tip: We always book a suite as it isn't very much more than a standard room - we like to be able to h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It's nice to know that Shelly and some of her associates, made your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We recently spent a night at the Country Inn & Suites on our way to the northern lakes in Saskatchewan. From my first call to Shelly at the hotel, I was given every indication that our stay would be great. I was not disappointed! The staff, Shelly in particular, were wonderful and friendly - looking after our every need. We had a room with two double beds, and were quite satisfied with the accommodations. The next morning we were treated to a breakfast of hot and cold items that didn't leaving you wanting more in the downstairs breakfast area - quite good! When we had gotten on the road, our daughter realized she had left her pillow in our room. A quick call to Shelly and she took care of everything. When we returned 5 days later to collect it, Shelly smiled at our daughter and said 'Oh, you were room 321'. Quite correct!! So helpful and friendly. Thanks, Shelly!! The location of this hotel is close to the airport, so an easy place to access prior to flights, or simply in just traveling through Saskatoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! Shelly will be very happy to see that she helped to make your stay enjoyable!
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here awhile back for 2 days and at the time they had smoking rooms available. I personally do not smoke but my friend does. Most of the time a well ventilated room makes the smoke bareable, but not this time. It was the first thing you noticed. We opened all the windows before we had left for the day and came back to the same smell. Even my friend was not impressed with the smell and she had been in the hotel business. The place was booked up and so we were unable to change rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
The hotel has been 100% non-smoking since 2009 but unfortunately some people don't follow the rules. I'm really sorry your room smelled of smoke and I hope you will choose to stay with us again.