Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saskatoon, SK
The James Hotel(Saskatoon)
$199
$164
Hotels.com
All reviewsclose to the airportking suiteboiled eggsshark clubcold cerealthird floordecent breakfastcircle drivefree hot breakfastliving roomrooms are greatsmall fridgefresh fruitthe air conditioningbed was very comfortablerooms are cleana great place to stay
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were on holidays in Saskatoon - camping ...so the first morning we get up at 7 am...crawl out of the tent and have fresh perked coffeee! Yay...then it is time to shower. Emergency power shut off....ahhhh no shower no potty and 15 minute drive to Saskatoon... get to Stoon go to tourist booth and it was closed. From the parking lot we phone the Y...$10 for a cold shower...go to flying j get in line and wait...$12.50 each...So this calls for desperate measures...I tell my husband I'm calling the Country Inn and Suites - no way they can do anything for us he says! Well lets just see what they say. So I call the Country Inn & Suites Saskatoon and explain the situation...I regularly stay there about 5 nights a year. Shelly (thank you) says ...sure c'mon in shower up! No questions asked...Now get this ...I said to Shelly now don't laugh at me as I'm in my pajamas...she laughs and says no problem ...it's just like being at home here! So in we go with our own towels and they let us into a room ... no cost... no questions asked. Got love it! Way to go Country Inn& Suites Saskatoon....above and beyond ... you made my trip!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your great response. It is always our pleasure to help our guests, past or present, when ever we can.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Its time to remodel but still a satisfactory place to stay a night. The rooms were very clean but the carpets show wear. Standard, average complimentary breakfast however, the coffee was top shelf! Front Desk staff were polite and cooperative. No real reason to avoid a this hotel but she isvdefinitely in need of an upgrade in furnishings.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us! We are working on our renovation plan and hope that you will return to see the changes we've made.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Overall not too bad. Suite was spacious, and for the most part well furnished (minus the ancient refrigerator). Service was good, internet worked well, and breakfast was decent. Nothing to complain about. 7/10

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Saskatoon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

very nice staff at check in. When we got to our room the t.v. did not work and one call to the front desk and Melissa was up to the room in less than a minute and fixed the problem.Room was large with big sitting chairs for watching t.v. and the bed was very comfortable. Room and bath were spotless and there was a very nice shower. Breakfast was good - thank you Judy. All personnel we dealt with were knowledgeable and friendly. Next time in Saskatoon this will be our place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for mentioning two of our associates that impacted your stay. I will make sure they are aware of your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I think this was one of the first hotels in the industrial airport area of Saskatoon. It's showing its age compared to the Sandman and the other new ones around it but we were pleased with our room and the service was excellent.
Our hotel room was on the main floor and it was clean and convenient to the front lobby and the breakfast room. Rooms are clean, large and well equipped. I found them quiet and suitable, but my wife who is a light sleeper said she found the place noisy.
Breakfast was complimentary in the breakfast room and it was excellent. They didn't have a large variety but what they had was a good start to the day. Staff was friendly and efficient.
This was our first time staying here because we were catching a flight out and needed to be close to the airport. I would stay here again. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant so we had to go across to Denny's in the Sandman hotel next door. Getting there in the spring runoff and muck was a bit tricky as we had to cross over behind the bar and grill to get to the entrance from the backside of the Sandman. Disgusting garbage on the way and the cooks and servers from the bar and grill beside Denny's all stand out at the back and smoke. By the look of them with their unsavoury appearance, tattoos and unclean aprons, I wouldn't be eating at the grill there.
Rating that isn't fair to the Country Inn and Suites, though, which is a nice place, needs some renovations and updating but we would stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but none of them have good views of anything but other buildings. No restaurant in this hotel so drive off site to Tomas the Cook or the old Station down on Idylwyld for dinner. Excellent food, excellent waitresses and great ambience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing the details of stay. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!