“Perfect for families and multiple nights”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at this hotel while we are having repairs done to our vehicle. Our son is handicapped and we arrived from Brandon Manitoba later in the evening. I had forgotten to bring something to give our son his evening meds with and the girl at the desk, Melissa was very friendly and helpful. She found some yogurt for me and also made sure we had a ground floor room when she knew we had to bring in his equipment.

The hotel is CLEAN!! Something really important to us!! It's quiet, even on the main floor!! The staff are all really friendly and I had some points that I had gotten from previous stays, making it a little more affordable. Breakfast was extremely well done, saving us some money for those days breakfasts. The coffee even tasted good!!

You know what? Of course there were some sounds. Tell me one hotel that is completely soundproof!! But overall this was a completely satisfactory experience! (If you look at my previous reviews you will see that I rarely give all 5's!!)

I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years as we come from a small town and in order to fly out we usually overnight in Saskatoon. I made a reservation for a sunday night and the price was 120.00 ( 148.00 with taxes ) for a room with 2 double beds. When we checked in i asked about reserving a room for 8 nights later on a monday night and the lady at the desk told me the price for that night would be 160.00 ( 179.00 with taxes ). Now I know rates go up and down all the time but when I asked if they had a CAA rate or a seniors rate I was told that was the cheapest rate. This is a big jump in the rate for the same room, seems like a rip off to me. Most hotels are more than willing to give you some kind of small discount off of the normal room rate. The room itself smelled bad ,the carpet is in very poor condition and is need of upgrading. They are keeping the prices up but are not keeping up with renovations .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that you were disatified with the rate increase between your stays. Our rates do fluctuate from time to time in reflection of our market but I do understand your frustration. I appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After staying last year at the Saskatoon Country Inn & Suites, I decided to stay again - and again it was a great stay - very clean, courteous staff, and a great hot breakfast. Can't say anything bad. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Saskatoon on a business trip and stayed at the property for 1 night. They are a decent property. You can see it's an old property but one which is well kept and maintained. Shout out to the lady at the front desk on Feb. 02 for the afternoon shift. She was really helpful and very accommodating to my requests.

The property is right next to the Sandman's so I went out to Shark grill on Friday evening for some drinks and dinner.

Room Tip: Preferred to stay on top floor. It was quite even when they had a high school sports team staying in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank travelingaroundworld
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although it has been awhile since I have stayed here. My mom and I used to everytime we would visit Saskatoon. It is very close to the airport and is a great location being just off of the very noisy and crazy busy circle drive. We are repeat guests of this hotel and probably always will be

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VLMW
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your past and presnt stays with us. We are delighted to hear from our repeat guests and we are happy that you've chosen to stay with us again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Close to the airport. Approx an $8.00 cab ride away. Hotel next door has a sports lounge an a Denys. The lounge was loud and dark. Denys was fine for a quick lunch. Nice location close to several amenaties. Room was a little dated, however clean and well laid out. Nice king bed in seperate room. Would recomend to any business traveler.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NBAdvisor
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been to this hotel a number of times and am impressed each and every time we stay there.
Staff is probably one of the best I have had the pleasure of dealing with at a facility of this type.
One thing I would mention is do not get a room right next to the elevator as is very noisy.

Room Tip: stay away from room by elevator mini suites very spacious with separate bedroom for a nominla extr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank older72wiser
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!