“Professional and Polite”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Professional and Polite”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

First time at a Hilton Garden Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. Thank you for all the professionalism and politeness. Even the passing the cleaning staff in the hallway was pleasant and they asked if I was enjoying my stay. I was always greeted with a smile. again thank you! Dannica Lamoureux

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Legal, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great hotel and everything was within walking distance. Staff seemed friendly. Room service was really good; loved the pulled pork sandwich. I was in town to do a couple of conferences over the weekend and forgot to hang my do not disturb sign and housekeeping ended up waking me up twice. So much for a nice Saturday morning sleep in. Sunday I hung the sign and was not disturbed. Hotel would have been fantastic with a hot breakfast. Bed were suppose to be able to change from firm to soft with the turn of a dial, but I did not notice a difference. I found the beds at the Radisson during the second half of my stay more comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Yorkton, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Was not very impressed in this out of date Hilton. I expected more. Front desk personnel were not very informative when checking in. Rooms are not renovated. Room service was very fast, but the cheese cake was frozen on arrival.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the presentation and service of our proeprty and we will use this to improve our performance.

I am pleased to let you know that we are continuing to renovate our guest rooms over the next few months, as well as our pool and fitness area.

Thank you again and I hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you a much better experience on your next visit.
Verona, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The morning resturant staff overcame all negative experiences that I experienced at this property. The morning staff had the best attitudes in this city!!! The hotel is average to needs maintenance/updating of rooms. I can't say enough good things about the mrning resturant staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our staff and appreciate your constructive comments on our property. I am pleased to let you know that we have completed renovations to approx. one third of our guest rooms with the balance to be done over the next several months.

We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may continue to show you the quality experience you expect and deserve.

Lynn Flury
Regina, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms are clean and quiet, the staff is always friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast buffet always meets our family's appetite and budget. If the pool was just a few degrees warmer, it would be perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Marnie R
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to continuing to be your hotel of choice in Saskatoon. I am pleased to let you know that we will be renovating our pool and fitness area in the fall to provide an even better experience for our guests!

Thank you again for your business and your comments.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a great time staying at this hotel. The location is awsome and very convenient. The hotel staff were very helpful and the room I was staying at was very welcoming, clean and well-maintained. The bed was also very cofortable and overall I really enjoyed the one night I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Ellie M
The Pas, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything is fine about this hotel, not amazing, but overall solid. My problem was that the air conditioning didn't work in my room (415), which I didn't realize until the middle of the night. When I told the front desk upon check-out the only response I got was "we're sorry, thanks for letting us know". I didn't want to ask for compensation, as I didn't want to appear as if I was just after a freebie. Especially as a HHonors member I expect something to be offered as compensation, without having to ask.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was only poor because the AC didn't work.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M_Smith8771
perry s, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I apologize about both the maintenance issue and our missed opportunity to compensate you for the issues with your stay. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and will share your comments with our team work to prevent similar situations in the future. We know you deserve the best in service, and hope you will provide us another opportunity to earn your loyalty in Saskatoon. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further. Thank you again.