“Stay at Hilton Garden”

Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stay at Hilton Garden”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a great time staying at this hotel. The location is awsome and very convenient. The hotel staff were very helpful and the room I was staying at was very welcoming, clean and well-maintained. The bed was also very cofortable and overall I really enjoyed the one night I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Ellie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
The Pas, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything is fine about this hotel, not amazing, but overall solid. My problem was that the air conditioning didn't work in my room (415), which I didn't realize until the middle of the night. When I told the front desk upon check-out the only response I got was "we're sorry, thanks for letting us know". I didn't want to ask for compensation, as I didn't want to appear as if I was just after a freebie. Especially as a HHonors member I expect something to be offered as compensation, without having to ask.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was only poor because the AC didn't work.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M_Smith8771
perry s, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I apologize about both the maintenance issue and our missed opportunity to compensate you for the issues with your stay. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and will share your comments with our team work to prevent similar situations in the future. We know you deserve the best in service, and hope you will provide us another opportunity to earn your loyalty in Saskatoon. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further. Thank you again.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for our anniversary. The hotel staff was aware of this and comped out parking, which was really nice. We got a great rate and a free breakfast because of a holiday special. The room was one of the really nice rooms and we got it for a reasonable price. We were also delightfully surprised when we came back to our room after dinner to find a plate of chocolate covered strawberries! What an excellent hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jessica R
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My stay included three nights of pure relaxation. I stayed during the Easter weekend, so there weren't many guests to begin with. Many hotels were experiencing the same quietness. The staff there made me feel like I was a king! I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Dan B
Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great downtown location, very good service, rooms are clean, decent size for business stays, many amenities. Work station in room, complimentary internet. Restaurant, Starbucks, business centre, lounge: all good, added to the overall convenience. Price was reasonable.

Breakfast not included like at some, parking is extra.

I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GreatWhiteN
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Service was good and friendly. Room was dirty and badly worn. No airport shuttle or breakfast. I picked this hotel for convenience but would stay else where if I didn't have to be close to TCU.
The cost of the hotel was high for the services available. Linen was old and sheets were ripped.

• Stayed March 2013
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your business and your feedback. I apologize that you were disappointed with the issues with your guestroom. Certainly this type of cleanliness and condition is not up to our standard. We are in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms - with 70 completed last year and more to come this year. I do hope you will provide us another opportunity to earn your loyalty in Saskatoon. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further. Thank you again.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Comfortable hotel close to the mall and the auditorium. They have everything you need on site, the room service was fast and the food was really good. BUT if you book a room using reward points they don't tell you that you still pay for parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple