“Worst night sleep that I have ever had - security needs tightened at this hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Loud and disorderly drunks and little security - I complained but the security only came to ask the people to quiet, with no follow up...I had to put up with racket for at least 2 hours, if not more! This was surprising given the drunks were all booked in the hotel from a conference held at the hotel. I suggested that if the hotel books large groups (it appeared to be hundreds) for a conference and hold a banquet that includes alcohol that they take into consideration the outcome and the impact on their other hotel guests. It was horrible, on my floor the racket was intolerable!

Room Tip: Make sure your heater (or air conditioner) is in good working order.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank emilycreewoman
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and your feedback! I apologize for the noise issues and agree that we may have better managed them. We will be happy to provide compensation as this is clearly not the experience we strive to provide our guests, and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your loyaltyit in the future. Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stay here most every time we need to be in Saskatoon. It is very reasonably priced considering the great location-right across the street from the Midtown Plaza Shopping Centre. Clean, and quiet. Nice coffee bar, restaurant and lounge. Parking is $12 which isn't bad as they don't have their own lot, but share it with an independent parking facility. The night we came most recently was very very cold and they offered us free valet and underground parking. The rooms have fridge, microwave and coffee and the wifi is fast. Love staying here.

Room Tip: I've never been displeased with any room I have been given.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great business hotel with standard rooms. Breakfast layout was decent as well. The property offered valet parking which is very convinient. The breakfast layout was decent and the restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Reception was well staffed and managed with smiles and greetings whenever one passed by.
The hotel also has a nice bar where drinks are comfortably priced.
The location of the hotel is a plus as the mall is just on the opposite side of the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in December 2012 because I had a conference at the TCU. It does have a great location being downtown, across from the TCU, and close to the mall. Greatly surprised at a hotel of that price ($170 a night at Conference Rate!!) doesn't offer free parking or a continental breakfast ($170/night, at cost breakfast - $5 per person tops? I think that expense can be justified). Aside from that, it really didn't live up to my expectations. Everything was average. It was clean, it was in decent shape, but I was expecting something with a bit more "wow" factor (more modern, new fixtures, etc.)The bed had a dial claiming to change the support of your bed - not sure if it does get harder, but I turned mine as soft as it could go and felt no difference with that. A really weird thing (it felt unnerving to me - felt like on the movies when someone comes in and ransacks a place) : the lights were on and every drawer was pulled out. I'd imagine the drawers were a housekeeping thing (to show that everything is clean and empty, and maybe the lights were on so people don't fumble around in the dark, but it was just really really weird for me.

All in all, I wouldn't bother staying there again; needs more "wow" and a free breakfast for me to spend that much money per night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Samantha H
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! I apologize that the experience with us did not meet your expectations. With respect to the room, it appears your room did not recieve the final housekeeping check and staging that it normally does, which is why the drawers and lights were open and on. Please again accept our apologies. We would like to have the opportunity to earn your loyalty for a future visit, and I encourage you to contact me to discuss further. Thank you again!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night this past weekend as my work Christmas party was being held at the Hilton. Even though I live in the city we typically book a room at the hotel and make a bit of a weekend out of it.

The rooms are not huge but nice - fridge, microwave, desk area, comfortable bed and clean. All the things that you need in a hotel room. The bathroom is a nice size with Bath & Body Works amenities!

We were able to check in early - which was very much appreciated. The staff at check in and out were fantastic. The parking seems confusing to some - you have to park in the mall parkade and then bring your ticket back to be validated. You are still paying for parking but you get it for one flat rate for the full stay instead of paying for 2 days. It would be nice if an area of the parking was designated for hotel guests as we did have to park a distance away from the hotel - Christmas shopping season and all.

We took DD for a swim to the pool - which is really basic. This is the one area that the hotel really needs to upgrade or enhance. We were the only ones in the pool area which was nice but the space was cold!! The water was ok not too cold and the hot tub looked like it has been awhile since it was last cleaned. So if you need a hotel with a fun pool area for your family this is not the one.

Overall its an OK place to stay. If you’re coming to Saskatoon for a shopping trip its right across from the mall and easy access to downtown so the location is good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your business and your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service of our staff as well as our guest rooms. We are in the process of renovating guest rooms with 70 having been completed in the last month. I am also pleased to let you know that our pool area will be redone in 2013! With respect to parking I did want to let you know that we offer valet parking at no additional charge - so we can do the walking for you! Again, thank you for your review and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any service.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Saskatoon for a business meeting and would probably not return. My floor was "under construction" throughout my stay.. There were drop cloths on the floors, no room numbers on the doors, light fixtures hanging loose and workmen scraping the walls at 8 am. The room was quite nice - had obviously just been remodled. I can understand a hotel has to do renos occasionally, but you would think they would let you know (apologetically perhaps) on check in if they have to put guests on such a floor. Very annoying electronic voice in the elevator announces every floor. Being on the 7th it quickly became grating... Restaurant very plain with no windows whatsoever (even tho on ground floor) and mediocre menu but as elsewhere in the hotel, it had very pleasant staff. Overall? Not what I would expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hello, Thank you for your business and for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Indeed we are renovating our guest corridors currently and this should have been explained at check in! I also wanted to let you know that we have just eliminated the voice in the elevator - which was earlier requried by the Hilton Garden Inn brand.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff as they are committed to providing friendly and genuine service for our guests. I hope we will have the opportunity to earn your loyalty in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are renovated and I had an evolution room which was spacious and comfortable. Unless you want to kick back and watch a movie that is, only tv available, which is ironic considering they have a microwave in the room and they suggest buying microwave popcorn for watching... Something? Front desk seems tiny for such a large hotel but that's nitpicking. Restaurant is decent, a few touches needed for simple things like salt on the torchon, or at least good salt on the side.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Kevin_2_point_0
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to provide a review! I am pleased that you found our renovated rooms comfortable! I apologize for not having pay per view movies to offer currently. We are in the process of looking at various solutions to provide this to our guests and hope to be able to provide this very shortly. Thank you again, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance in the future.

Lynn Flury