“Clean, comfortable room with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Clean, comfortable room with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here one night while traveling on vacation. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly (particularly Erin). The room was clean and comfortable. Overall a very nice experience. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was great as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy your enjoyed your stay and overall service at the Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon. We have just launched our new menu's in STEPS Lounge and the Garden Grill and Bar. I hope that you can return soon, and enjoy a great meal and experience at our property again!

Carol Thurmeier
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon while on vacation. I was impressed from the moment I walked into the front lobby. It was inviting, and the cookie on check-in was a nice touch. Service was quick and efficient. There is a nice little rest area off of the lobby - perfect for socializing or reading. There is a free business center, though I didn't use it. My room was adequate, though the TV was a little small. The room also included a fridge and microwave. The bathroom even had its own thermometer so you could heat it up while showering. Internet was free and fairly decent speed and strength. The pool was great, and though the hot tub looked small it was nice and deep and had good jets. Parking does cost $12/night and it is a surface lot in downtown Saskatoon, so I would recommend you lock your vehicle, park as close as possible to the hotel, and take all your valuables inside. Room service was great, with good portion sizes and price. My only issue was that you could hear people in the hallway and when doors were opened/closed. Some soundproofing around the door would be nice. I can't comment on price as I used my Hilton Honors points for the room. I would recommend this hotel for both business travelers and families if you are planning to visit downtown Saskatoon.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have nicer views. Try to get a room as far away from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
REGINA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our stay in July was absolutely amazing! Clean and comfortable with amazing service. When Olivia in the restaurant found out it was my birthday she sent up the most delicious cheesecake with birthday wishes! Wow...talk about great service! I'll definitly be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was here twice on business. No real complaints.

Really enjoyed having the starbucks in the lobby. The morning girl is fantastic, wish I got her name to tell managemnt . Amazingly customer service orientated.

Use the valet service. Really nice being able to come back from work and leave my keys and parking duties to the hotel. Enjoyed that alot.

If you get a room near the elevators...RUN don't walk back to front desk and get moved ASAP. I had a corner room beside the elevators and was up all night. Everytime the elevator opened I was shocked awake it was so loud. I moved the next morning to a room further down the hall where I slept much better.

Skip the lounge -- sub-par staff and a lousy selection of (and I quote from the in-room booklet) 'a great selection of beers on tap' They carry two beers on tap. Not what I call ' a great selection'

In all, good hotel, great location, easy parking (again...use valet), quick coffee + snacks in lobby for breakfast.

Great hotel for business. Enjoy

Room Tip: Away from elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thunder Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We ended up staying at this hotel after a friend had their car broken into in the parking lot adjacent to the hotel, and the hotel offered them a complimentary one night stay in a spa suite, to be used within a year. They wouldn't be able to use it within a year, so they gave it to us. I looked it up online, and this room would have been about $240.00 a night if I had booked it, so I will review it as a $240.00 room. The room was very nice, with all the amenities, and all very clean. One thing that impressed me, believe it or not, was the shower head. I've seen my share of lousy, low pressure, hard to adjust shower heads, and this was the best I'd ever seen. Lots of pressure, and very easy and smooth to adjust the spray type...I was impressed. The aforementioned parking lot is a public lot next to the hotel...the hotel charged $12.00 for us to park there (for one night for us). I can see why our friend had a car break-in....I did see a lot of downtown riff-raff cutting through the lot, so make sure to hide everything if you park there. I didn't try the pool, only the hot tub, which was a good temperature, but the hot tub is very small (triangular shaped). A restaurant and lounge are downstairs...we tried the breakfast...it was very good. I would stay here again if the price was right...that's the reason I'm giving it a 'four' rating. I'd be able to give a more accurate rating if I stay here in a standard room, which is what we normally book.

Room Tip: Take care with your car in the public lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I always look forward to staying at the Bessborough. I enjoy the atmosphere and the central location. I had reserved a room for two nights on this latest trip. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived to check in. The front desk invited us to relax in the lounge and order food and drink at no charge. It was suppertime, so we jumped at the offer. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I enjoyed the complimentary wifi (not standard at some hotels) in my room. I ate breakfast on my last morning in the Garden Court Café. The food was delicious and I'll have to remember this for my next visit. The in-room coffee was also pretty tasty. The bathroom was bright and clean, and there was never a shortage of hot water. My only complaint was the slow-draining tub while taking a shower. Other than that, I have no complaints and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

i usually do not spend this much, but saskatoon was sold out and this was this place had rooms,
well i was very pleased with this place, rooms were great with all the expected amenities, they thourgh in a free full breakfast which was just great, and location is great, parking was also free, next time i am in saskatoon i will stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business