“Nice stay over Christmas”

Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights, as my son and daughter in law had their Canadian wedding celebration here. Bedroom was good; typical of many hotels but with a very small bathroom. Clean & warm with very comfortable bed, good sleeps! The 'water park' was fun, but needs a radical update, it is showing its age. Also wouldn't like a bedroom on same floor as the pool, as strong chlorine smell along the hotel corriders.
The breakfasts/brunch were very good, although some confusion with the vouchers that were given to us. Why guests on a B & B tariff can't just have a breakfast without handing in a voucher I am not sure - most hotels seem to manage this with no problem. Anyway the duty manager sorted this out for us.
This hotel should have got a four star from me, however a rather indifferent young man on reception was unwelcoming whenever we were unfortuante enough to come across him. When will hotels learn that front of desk staff need to smile and communicate? Other than that, a very pleasant stay, but will probably stay across the road when I return to Saskatoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your sleep in our Sweet Sleeper beds, and breakfast in the morning! I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Front Desk staff. We are always striving to improve our service, and appreciate feedback so we know where our strengths and opportunities are.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I would like to thank the Sheraton Cavalier for the personailzed service that went beyond anyone's expectations. I recently stayed at the hotel attending a work function which was being hosted in their newly renovated ballroom. The decor, the food and the professional service was over the top and very much appreciated. The guest rooms have been renovated and have everything you are looking for including outlet plugs in the night stand to recharge your phone. This is a welcome feature for those who use their phones as alarm clocks. The beds, as are with all Sheraton properties, the most comfortable beds you will ever sleep in. Also a big shout out to the bellman that address your every need and are genuinely friendly from the time they open the door and welcome you to the hotel. The Front desk stadff are very friendly and extremely knowledgable about the City. I would and will be staying at this hotel ever time I vist Saskatoon as they make it a home away from home ... Well Done Sheraton Cavalier

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms overlooking the River are the best especially with a biight morning sunrise...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Greetings GolferBob63! Thank you for letting us know about your incredible stay. Our associates strive to provide exceptional, personalized service. We are proud of our newly renovated hotel, as well as the amenities and quality of product we offer. I am glad that we have made this a place you can call “home” when you are away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had stayed here as a kid, so I went back to what I knew for my return to Saskatoon. I expected it to be out of date but it has been refreshed and was very new/ current. Clean. Nice. Classy. Great quiet room. Had an excellent sleep. Opted to up to "club" level for the parking and breakfast: great choice. Delicious breakfast upstairs. I had two concerns while there (which took my rating from 5/5 to 4/5): on arrival there was NO WHERE to stop or park car even for a second to check in. It was swamped with cars, all with four-ways on. I had to circle the block 4-5 times and eventually just stopped in the roadway until I got my room and handed the keys off for Valet parking. Literally gave up. The other was the business centre: I wanted to print an email, but tried my hardest on the computers and they were WAY TOO SLOW to get any meaningful work done. I looked around to just hook up my laptop but didn't have time to fool around with that. Otherwise, GREAT spot. Clean, nice, quiet, central. I'll go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for JMorriss711 for taking the time to connect with us. We are extremely pleased you had a great stay with us in our Club room. I am sorry that there was no parking at your time of arrival due to a large conference that the hotel was hosting. Your comments regarding the Link will be followed up by our I.T. Manager. Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The updated rooms are very nice. In fact It was my best hotel sleep ever. The new rooms are very modern.

My beef is with the parking. I was asked if I needed a parking ticket. Of course I did, as would 99% of the guests. $15 per day on top of an already very pricey room is highway robbery. You have a hotel, provide the guests with free parking. We got underground, but it is a very small garage, so there's a good chance you'll park outside, where vandalism could easily occur. There is nothing about the parking worth $15. Parking is a "to be expected", not an upcharge. Because of this I highly doubt we will ever be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Farmer1974, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with regards to our parking fee. We do have different types of rooms, some of these include parking as well as other benefits, however because of our location downtown we are bound to charge for parking as do the competitors surrounding us.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your sleep on the Sweet Sleeper Beds. These are extremely comfortable, and help to make our guests relax while staying away from home.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Got home today and a few hours after paying my correct bill I was emailed a revised bill for in room refreshment charges!!!! We did NOT access anything in room (they use an old school key and lock system so there is no way to accidently access fridge).
It was a nice stay but ruins a good trip when you come home to face this. It seems to be a problem at this hotel and you would think after a $700+ weekend they would not have to try and scam you on the extra charges you didn't actually make.
Will make me reconsider staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have kids upgrade to club as reg rooms are WAY too small for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Apilotnurse, thank you for posting your review after your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to see your comments about a charge being incorrectly applied to your bill after your departure. It is unfortunate that was you final experience with us and I can appreciate how it negatively impacted your overall stay.

I would request you please contact me at daleg@sheratonsaskatoon.com or 306-667-0170 and I will be happy to correct our error immediately.

Regards,

Dale Grant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent Boxing Day at the Sheraton. Loved the "new look" of the lobby and hotel rooms. Staff were all very friendly, service was outstanding.
We spent the day at the pool, water sliding. Tons of fun.....great for families with young children to have the kiddie pool. Bed was super comfy, room was spotless. Great location overlooking Meewasin Skating rink.

NKB

Room Tip: River view is lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Greetings NKB2014, I am glad you like our newly renovated product! Our water park is one of the best in Saskatoon, and is great for everyone, especially those who love to water-slide! Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are very grateful for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My favorite place to stay in Saskatoon is the Sheraton Cavalier and has been for many years for both business and pleasure. Staff are awesome and they keep the facility modern. My recent stay I was once again wowed when I got upgraded to a suite at no additional cost. Staff, facility, food are all great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tara K, thank you for letting us know we are your favorite hotel in Saskatoon whether it is business or pleasure. We cater to all types of travellers; our accomodating staff are available to help guests in need and always strive for excellence. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sasaktoon.