“Radisson Saskatoon Shines”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Winnipeg, Canada
“Radisson Saskatoon Shines”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A well managed and run hotel. Staff are friendly and eager to service at the highest level of performance. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all YUM! Definitely, "the best pizza in the prairiies". Our corporation has made it our home in Saskatoon. Comfortable and clean accommodations. Don't miss Wednesday Night Pizza spectacular in the lounge!

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words George, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to be your home away from home.
Take care and travel safe!
Patty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I always have an excellent stay. Location is awesome and you can't beat the comfy beds and friendly staff. Favorite meal is the Padded Bra and their breakfast is great too. Only complaint would be that there's not a convenience store presently in the hotel but other than that I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words and the vote of confidence in the team at the hotel, I will be sure to share with them, this will make them so proud.
We are all disappointed to see the gift shop close as we were the last full service hotel to have a full gift shop. I am looking to find someone else to lease the space but unfortunately not having much luck. I have however added 3 additional vending machines to stock the most common items our guests are looking for.
Thank you again for the review, travel safe!
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a work function! Our room had an amazing view of the city, and it was very clean. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in.
The service was outstanding! From the moment we checked in, they were very friendly and gave us great directions for places to check out. We ordered room service a few times, and they were very quick at getting the food/drinks to us. As well the housekeeping was very friendly and efficient. My favorite part about our stay was the bartender Jamie on Saturday night, she was awesome, she makes the best Old Fashioned we have ever had! We were too late to order food, so she sent us to this amazing 24hr restaurant called Megs, it was a great recommendation! We also visited with one of the cooks when he was off work, I believe his name was Davith (I spelled it wrong), he was the friendliest guy. AMAZING staff, amazing room! Everything was great! Thank you for the great stay :)

Room Tip: Room 1612 had an amazing view of the city at night!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the amazing review and kind words. Jamie and Davith along with the rest of the team are exception and I am so honored to work with them all. I will be sure to share with my teammates.
We look forward to welcoming you back and if you ever need assistance please contact me direct.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently had an amazing stay at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon. From check-in to check-out every staff member I encountered was kind, friendly, helpful, and passionate about customer service. They made me feel at home and like they were excited to have me stay with them. The hotel itself is beautiful and well-maintained. I had a clean, comfortable, and modern room with fantastic views. I had a fantastic sleep in a quiet room with an extremely comfortable bed. I stopped down from breakfast in Aroma in the morning and had a fabulous meal as always. I recommend the eggs benedict. Best I've ever had anywhere!
If you have never stayed at the Radisson Saskatoon you are definitely missing out on something. Give it a try on your next trip to Saskatoon as I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Thanks for taking such good care of me Radisson staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review for the Radisson!. Your kind words have made my day and I will be sure to share with the entire team.
Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

been at the Rad now for a extended lenght of time and the service has been great, the staff make u feel right at home, this has been a great stay in Saskatoon. The rooms are always cleaned on time and house keeping is great. The food is always good with a good range of menu's try the home favorite Saskatoon Pickerel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the post Terry. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I travel for work and spend many nights in different hotels. The Raddision Saskatoon was by far my most enjoyable stay. The Staff are very friendly and made me feel like part of the family. Every time I walk in they are always smiling and excited to greet you. The were always willing to help and always asked how my stay was and if there was anything they could do to improve it. The rooms are always clean and the bed are extremely comfortable. The Aroma restaurant located in the hotel has great food. The aroma staff are extremely happy and from the first moment they meet you they treat you like and old friend. The hotel is located down town and walking distance to some very great restaurants. It is the perfect blend for any traveller to still feel like they are at home. Thanks Raddison for everything it, you made being away from home that much easier!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words Carlos. I am so lucky to work with an amazing group of people and they are so committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay at the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Never hesitate to contact me direct if I can assist in the future!
Travel safe!
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I chose the Radisson mostly for the location. Close to the river and Broadway bridge, plus close proximity to the Midtown and all the other pubs and restaurants downtown Saskatoon has to offer. We stayed from March 7 to March 9 and brought our small dog along. There are good and bad aspects to this hotel. As mentioned, location is great and the service we received from start to finish was amazing. We arrived well before the 3rd check in time and we knew our room wouldn't be ready yet, but the Front Desk still gave us our underground parking pass and let us get settled in that regard. The service we received, from initial phone reservation (Karen) to easy check in process thanks to the professional and efficient Front Desk staff to the servers in the bar and our room service delivery guy to the cleaning staff, was fantastic. The downfall of this hotel is the hotel itself. The elevators are painfully slow, the rooms are tiny, renovations were done but it looks like there was some cutting of corners in some spots (our toilet wasn't fully secured to the floor, it rocked to the right and the left, so you had to be very still on it haha), the walls are so paper thin I could hear a suitcase being unzipped, doors SLAM, very basic amenities in the rooms themselves (no mini fridge... maybe not a standard amenity but have had one in every other room I've stayed in) and we showered in ankle deep water as it seems our tub drain was clogged. The rooms however were mostly clean and comfy, our "river view" from the 4th floor left a bit to be desired but was still pretty at night seeing the Bes lit up and lights on the river bank. All in all this was an average stay but for the rate ($169 a night) we might just try the Parktown or the Hilton next time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bethkm
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the hotel. I work with an exceptional group of associates that are dedicated to looking after our guests, they take pride in what they do and clearly it shows with the service and cleanliness you mentioned, I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
The renovations to the rooms were done in 2009 and we are now planning to renovate again as time does fly by and we are committed to maintaining the hotel's condition. I will be sure to work with our staff to ensure we are reporting and repairing any deficiencies immediately so that our guests do not have a negative experience.
Thank you again for the very valuable feedback.