“Some problems here”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We reserved a room here using Expedia's much-hyped discount program, which promises consumers savings of up to 40% on hotel rates. Our saving here: a loss of 27 cents. (I checked with the front desk re the hotel's rack rate on the room assigned to us by Expedia and compared it with what we paid Expedia. It should be noted that had I booked online and requested the CAA rate to which I am entitled, I would have saved about $15 over Expedia's "discounted" rate.)
The hotel is not as clean as it should be (I cleaned coffee stains off the bathroom wall because I didn't want to look at them, and I also wiped palmprints from the windows in our room.) I tried to print boarding passes on the house computers; one machine was out of order, and the other two refused to accept the username/password combination provided.Fortunately, a kind member of staff allowed me to use one of the office computers to do my job.
The hotel is beginning to look worn, and it is none too clean. For this kind of money, travelers should look closely at other options in the downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TerryPearson
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am unsure about the rate discrepancy as rates change daily in hotels based on availability and we ensure that our rates are consistent on all of our booking channels. Feel free to contact me direct should you return and I can book the CAA rate that is offered for you. I am shocked to read about the cleanliness comments as this is definitely not feedback I am accustom to reading so I will be sure to follow up with the team and correct this immediately. I am pleased to see that the staff you encountered were able to assist when your password did not work when you tried to print your boarding pass, the people here really are our greatest asset.
Thank you so much for the valuable feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Travel safe and have a wonderful fall.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the hotel for a conference in August. Our experience varied but i would need to be fair with my statements. First, the hotel staff is excellent. They went out out their way to be helpful to us.

Our experience started with a very quick and pleasant check-in. Our room was located on the street side of the hotel on the 10th floor. The room was fair and the decor was somewhat odd with the fridge and microwave placed in a way where they did not fit. We quickly realized that the noise from outside was so loud that it was impossible to sleep. I spoke to the front desk and they allowed us to pick another room on the opposite side of the hotel. The configuration was much better so i assumed it was an upgraded room. All was settled. I will know the next time.

We stayed for three nights and everything was fine. Average hotel that could use an modern update.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the street and on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert M
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words about the team at the hotel and the very valuable feedback. We honestly appreciate seeing the hotel through the eyes of our guests and I am so pleased that the front office staff moved you to a room that was not affected by the street noise. Not a common occurrence for us but at times with some of the festivals the music levels from the street can exceed what we all feel is acceptable.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Typical top Radisson in Saskatoon, with a very friendly Service Staff there. As our Friends have been there already last Year, we followed their Advice and went also there. Friendly Check In and they also speak good english there.
The very good thing there was the Breakfast Choices and especially the good Coffee. Friendly Staff there too. Also we have to say, that there was a nice and friendly Atmosphere and could relax good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlyMeToParis22
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your visit to the Radisson Saskatoon and our amazing city.
Fall is wonderful in Saskatoon and the views from the rooms really are breathtaking.
Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very clean room with nice decor - a little on the cramped side. Nice view of downtown, and very convenient to restaurants and nice walks by the river. Very expensive for a night - $180 plus $20 parking fee. The children enjoyed the water-slide, and we enjoyed the restaurant, but overall just too expensive to stay in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kat M

I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and the children had a nice time in the pool area.
For future stays please visit our web site as often we have family packages and promotions that can help with the cost of a family get away.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August. The pool and waterside at this hotel were excellent. Our children had a lot of fun at the pool area. The waterslide was quite tall with a sepate pool for it, also a good size swimming pool and a hot tub. The beds were very comfortable and staff were friendly and welcoming. The location was central and near a park by the river. The bathroom was a little on the small side and the old looking mini fridge in the room didn't really fit the modern decor, but it was nice to have in the room. I would like to have had better sound proofing at night. There were a couple of weddings or events in the hotel during our stay and we could hear noise from the hall when guests were returning to their rooms for the night. This did quiet down quickly though but was loud enough to disupt sleep. Also, our neighbor's room service trays noted upon our entry to the room one night were still in the hall the next morning which was a little unpleasant. Parking was easy and reasonably priced at about 15 per night. Overall, even with some attention to details needed, we had a great stay and we would return again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

I am so pleased to see that the family enjoyed the pool area, family memories are so important. The hotel has been around for almost 30 years and I hear so often how people used to come when they were young and now bring their families.
Your feedback is so valuable and greatly appreciated and I will be sure to review with my team for the opportunities to improve.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Well located to city center/river-park, and even Fringe on Broadway, friendly efficient staff. Complimentary parking mentioned in a review was NOT, $15.00/night. Room "ok" but small and poorly laid out as using desk chair blocked room movement ?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 52Dennis
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and very valuable feedback. I am sorry you were not informed of the parking fee as we do charge for parking in the down town. The previous guest may have booked a package on line where parking was included, we offer many great packages on our web site for consideration if you come back to our wonderful city.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed overnight in August 2013 and had a nice view of the Saskatchewan River and Delta next door. Lovely walking trail along the river behind the hotel. Nice restaurant on site. Comfortable bed and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnaBandana
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and had an opportunity to take in a walk along the river, we really do have an amazing city!