“I would have given it 5 stars, but.....”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a great hotel. Every staff member I came in contact with had a smile and a hello, I was given the most awesome room, and the food in the lounge where I ate every night was incredible. Especially the creative flavors of pizza. And if you get the pizza on half price pizza night, it tastes even better :)
However there are two things that threw me off. First, the heater. Whenever it comes on there's a loud click sound. It's most noticable late at night. When it's quiet, the lights are out and you're half asleep, all of a sudden...BANG! It can be startling. In fact, the first couple of times it happened I got up and checked the door to make sure no one was coming in. It takes some time getting used to because you never really know when it's going to kick in. The second thing I didn't like was the underground parking lot. It's a maze. If you can't find a spot and you end up at the end of the lot, you have to carefully back up and find an open area so you can turn around to go back out. It can be frustrating when the lot is full or close to it. And if the lot is full, paying guests shouldn't have to park outside overnight because all the spots are filled up by people attending a function in the hotel. But, despite what I just mentioned, the next time i'm in Saskatoon, I have every intention on staying there again. The extreme politeness of staff, the cleanliness, the food, and the hotel location are just a few of the things that make up for anything negative I came across.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank govboy
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the vote of confidence to the team at the hotel. I am so honored to work with some of the most amazing people I have ever meet. It will make them proud to see your kind words.
I am sorry for the frustration in the parking lot, I know it can be a challenge to turn around in and often wonder what the thought was when the building was built in 1982. I am concerned about your comments of not getting parking, I will be sure to review with the team to ensure we are managing our spaces properly.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback. Please contact me direct in the future if I can assist.

Patty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We always stay at the Raddisson.. And the front desk staff are amazing. The only frustreration I have each time is the store is closed early. One if the fun things about motel stats is getti g treats or magazines at night and every time I go there I'm a bit disappointed for that reason. My daughter feels the same way when we go there because she is too young fie the lounge so there is nowhere to get snacks. Otherwise... Perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Dougdskk
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the positive comments about your time with us. I am sorry for the reduced hours in the gift shop over the holiday's, I will be sure to follow up for the future so that our guests are not inconvience.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here just before Christmas. The lobby is gorgeous and done up really well for Christmas. Food in the bar and continental breakfast were very good and reasonable. Rooms are on the small side but clean. Getting a taxi is a pain but that's true all over Regina.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for the review, on behalf of the entire team at the hotel I thank you for the kind words and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay over Christmas.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed there for one night, found it to be very clean, but a little dated. Enjoyed the view. Found that the counter top in the bathroom was unusually high, and the toilet was loose. Overall I would stay here again but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rpm42
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for the kind words about cleanliness, the team really does work hard and are dedicated to doing their best each day to look after our guests. I am also grateful for the observations and all feedback as these are wonderful tools to see the hotel through the eyes of our guests. The renovation to the guest rooms were completed in January of 2009 and as trends do change in design it is our main priority to maintain the rooms and ensure that they are clean and well appointed. Your comments about the loose toilet is something we can definitely control and I will be reviewing with the Executive Housekeeper to be sure that we correct these small issues before exposing our guests to them. Thank you again for your support.
Travel Safe.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the most expensive hotel in Saskatoon and when I arrived late (10:00pm) on Sunday night after travelling all day I found that there was no food or beverage service in the hotel at all!! Sarah on the front desk did her best to placade an angry customer and explained that everyone was at their Christmas party.... including the night manager! There was no management staff available! The order-in restaurants in Saskatoon all close at 9pm except some dreadful pizza places. I had only booked the hotel a week in advance and I should have been told at the time that everything would be shut down. I would have booked somewhere else. Realy unacceptable for a hotel that thinks itself better than everyone else in town.
Oh yes...next morning ... there was no cream for the coffee in the restaurant..... (straw/camel's back)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller2010035

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am truly sorry for the poor communication regarding our hours of operation in Aroma, we do close Sunday evenings at 10:00 PM regularly but it is true we closed this particular Sunday at 8:00 PM to allow our associates to attend our annual year end celebration, definitely something we should have made you aware of at the time you made your reservation. I will be reviewing the hours we serve food with on Sundays moving forward with my team in the new year as business patterns have changed as have the flights coming into Saskatoon and we need to ensure that we are offering all the services that our guests need 365 days of the year.

On behalf of the Radisson team I am so sorry that we let you down and would welcome an opportunity to speak to you in person should you allow us a second chance.

All the best in the New Year!

Patty.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed there 3 nights in November 2012. The service was very good, the location - convenient. The room was clean with good river views. The only thing I didn't like was that the heating was quite loud. Good place to stay when you are on business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank L0uIggy
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a review and for the kind words.

I am sorry to read that the unit in your room was noisy, we have just about completed the replacement of the heaters and should wrap up the project in the new year. I am confident this will eliminate this concern for all of our future guests. I do hope you still managed to have an enjoyable sleep and I am sorry this was not done earlier so that you didn’t have to experience it in the first place.

From our family at the Radisson to yours, have a safe and Merry Holiday season.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

From the time we were greeted at the front desk, 'till we checked out, everything was perfect. We got a lovely corner room on the 15th floor where we were away from other guests, and it was a very quiet room with a great view of the river and several of Saskatoon's bridges. As we have stayed here many times before, check-in and check-out were painless as they only needed the last four digits of my credit card to get things going ( a minute-five each way). We also took advantage of Aroma resto-bar, which I will rave about in another review.
You should never have anything to complain about at this hotel, but if you do, let them know and they will make it right, or you will stay for free.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer the best privacy. Higher rooms are quieter as they are further from the traffic...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daveinthejaw

Thank you so much for the kind words Dave and for taking the time to post a review. The hotel's greatest asset is the team of people that work here and look after our guests every day. I will be sure to share this with them. If I can assist in the future please contact me direct.

Have a safe and Merry Holiday Season!