“Excellent.”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything was awesome. Stayed 2 nights for a wedding across the street. The mattresses could have been a bit more softer and less stiff. The cleaning staff were awesome and front desk staff were also. The parking was ok. I had no issues parking my 2011 dodge ram quad cab down there even to the 3rd level. parking did fill up tho i noticed, but if you have a ticket that the front desk gives you you have a spot. The pool area for a hotel was not bad. The only thing was the water was cold. The slide could have needed more pressure in the discharge for more speed (stopped dead a couple of times) other than this issues I would highly recommend this hotel to any one passing through or to people that want to get away and what not. Best bang for your buck I guess. Lots of things in walking distance too (restaurants, ect.)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Actofvalor
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your kind comments about the team at the hotel, I will be sure to post for all to enjoy.

I will however follow up on the pool temperature as this is not the norm. I am sorry that you found the beds not to your liking, they are all brand new Serta Pillow Tops, but we all have our own personal preference, I do hope you were still comfortable enough to have a good night rest.

Travel Safe!
Patty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at a couple of different Radissons and this one is no different. Nice hotel, good service and spacious surroundings. Rooms were a good size, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and the food was very good (buffet style for breakfast and dinner). The elevators were very slow and there is no spa facility in the hotel but other than that, it was a decent weekend stay that was within walking distance of local restaurants, bars and banks.

1  Thank Alise W
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words, I will be sure to share this with the team at the hotel.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me direct.

Travel safe!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson for meetings Sept 2012. I remember the Radisson as the Renaissance as a child, and it has been well renovated from it's original over the past several years. Rooms are comfortable with good beds and pillows. Parking is limited underground but the hotel seems on top of it limiting to hotel guests when they are busy. I think this is the best location for meetings in saskatoon, very comfortable rooms of various size with good chairs, as said in other reviews the Central cafe is exceptional, and the granola bars are the best, good coffee, all homemade treats. The wifi seems to be a concern of others, and I did notice the signal to be weak. Good waterslide and hot tub, staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to river, meewasin, river landing area, Remy art gallery, across bridge from Broadway, block from movie theatre. One of my three favorite hotels in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaskTraveller5

Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words. We really are thankful to have the best views in Saskatoon and to work with an amazing team.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

In downtown Saskatoon, aroound 20 mins from the airport, Radisson is a nice and cozy place to stay. Being in the midst of the business district, it helps save on travel time.
Need more food variety. It has a large convention floor that can accomodate 400 pax

1  Thank RPSKohli

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, I hope the conference was a success as I see you came a long way to attend.

I will review your comments with our Chef, please feel free to contact me direct if you have a moment to expand on your comment about more variety as we are always very interested to speak to our guests and launch new menus every quarter.

Thank you again.

Travel Safe!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had asked for a queen bed but got two double beds instead. There's not a lot of room between the desk chair (it was really jammed into the desk) and the first bed. The bed I slept in was very comfy.

About a half a block away, towards the river, there is a park. It's a great spot to go for a walk or hang and relax on a bench.

Parking was $12 if you park in the underground parking lot yourself or an extra $5 if you want it parked for you (I parked my rental car). WIFI was free and the speed was slow.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Teena_in_Toronto
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for the review and the valuable feedback. I was shocked to read about the Internet being slow considering the amount of upgrades we have done in the last year. I will contact our supplier today and discuss what could have happened and get this corrected as it is a critical component for business travel today. Thank you for taking the time to bring to my attention. I am pleased to see that you had a good night sleep, we have all new pillow top beds and we are getting amazing feedback about how comfortable they really are.

Have a wonderful fall.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Radisson has had a recent renovation, and it shows. The rooms are updated and comfortable. Others have mentioned that they can be small, which is true, but for a single business traveller it was perfect. Also, I had floor to ceiling windows beside my bed showcasing the beautiful river valley, which was great to wake up to.

Was there for meetings, and they've outdone themselves here. They have the "connections cafe" which is, as a colleague described it, a 'feeding trough', where anyone in meetings can wander over at any time and help themselves to treats and all sorts of hot and cold drinks, and this is included in the meeting fees. The food kept coming and was of great quality. Special favourites of our attendees included the home made granola bars and the truffles. The cafe is replenished throughout the day, including a wide assortment of afternoon treats (nachos, cut vegetables, jelly beans, etc). No one was ever subjected to low blood sugar, or left wanting.

One downside is that the wifi is unreliable, and especially week in some meeting and guest rooms. This is not good when you have presentations to deliver : (

1  Thank T D
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for the great comments about Connections Cafe and the all-day meeting experience we have created. There really is something for everyone's sweet or salty tooth.

Concerned to read about the Internet issues and I will definitely follow up with our supplier as we honestly should not ever have an issues as we have unlimited available and do not cap of the service to our guests at all. Thank you for taking the time to bring to my attention.

Have an outstanding fall!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed in a queen corner room with sofa bed. The room was very clean and renovated but it was extremely small and cramped. Street noise and air conditioner were very loud, even on 16th floor. The kids (4 and 6) really loved the water slide. Restaurant was hit and miss for service - food was good and average in price. Best part about this hotel was being able to walk to river paths and no additional charge for our dog. Would return but will check out other downtown hotels first (Sheraton, Delta).

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first. Corner queen rooms with sofa bed are very small - even for 2 people.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ironmom69
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for the valuable feedback and review.

I am shocked to read that on the 16th floor you were disturbed by street noise, although Saskatoon is growing fast and the down town in the evenings during the summer is alive with activity. I do hope that the children were able to sleep and that this did not take away from your family time together in the pool area.

I am pleased to see that you found the guest room clean and well-appointed but sorry it did not fit your needs. Perhaps next time you return you could contact me and I could find a room more suited for a family as the corner rooms really are more comfortable for one or two guests. I typically will check web sites to see the room layout before I book a room when traveling with my family as I know as well from experience traveling that space is factor in most hotel rooms.

I would love the chance to speak in person so please feel free to contact the hotel direct and ask for myself.