“An Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary, Canada
“An Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Saskatoon for a night while passing through on my way to a meeting in Regina. I stayed once before and had a bad experience with a hockey team that was staying there as well, however the hotel did a wonderful job resolving the situation that time. I was greeting in a friendly and enthusiastic manner and quickly checked-in to my preferred room, a corner room on the highest floor. The room was clean and had a wonderful view of the river. Room amenities were plentiful and the internet was free. Parking did cost $12/night, but it was underground and secured. The pool area was great and no problems with rowdy guests this time. Room service meals were quick and well-prepared. Check-out was quick and easy. My only suggestion would be for the hotel to remove the old bathtubs as it does not fit in well with all of the newly renovated room amenities. I paid $101/night using my Carlson club points, but would definitely pay full price for this hotel. I would recommend it for business and leisure travelers alike.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PsychRN12
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for the kind words and the second chance to show what a wonderful hotel we have. I am so excited to say that starting on July 25th 2011 we will be replacing the tubs in all 291 guest rooms, the last of a 15 million dollar renovation over the last 2 years, I only wish we could have done everything at once. If I can assist in the future, please contact me direct.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip and the hotel does an excellent job of catering to business travellers. Large rooms well furnished, comfortable rooms, not crowded, good lighting, big desks, plenty of outlets, free wired and wireless internet (superior to the Delta or Sheraton). Amazing river views, great location 1/2 block from courthouse. Room service was prompt and good quality.
The service was generally good, but employee attention and service depends highly upon your appearance. Day one, I checked in wearing jeans and t-shirt: day two, I was wearing a suit and tie. The service, from all staff I encountered especially front desk was more prompt, friendly, and professional when I wore a suit than not. Not sure I'd recommend this hotel for leisure travellers though.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Craigeryvr
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words, but mostly for bringing the difference in service to my attention, I assure you this is not the norm nor in keeping with our service culture and I will do a complete investigation. I am so grateful that you took the time to bring this to me attention. No person should be judged based on appearance and this will be taken very serious.
Have a wonderful summer and travel safe.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Generally we found the accomodations to be quite satisfactory and no complaints.
We were very turned off upon arrival at the front door with people smoking and cigarette buts all over the side walk. This was particularily annoying when we were unloading our luggage onto a luggqge carrier. The smell was well >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

The same thing occurred on Sunday morning when loading our vehicle. A guest was smoking and through her butt on to the sidewalk and left it to burn.

For a relatively nice hotel you should remove this annoyance from your front entrance.Its not a nice impression. The vast majority of people do not smoke , so this shouldn't be a problem.

Upon arrival we looked for the ice bucket and to our surprise found it under the night table. The plastic bag had been tied and looked like someone had used it for other reasons other than what it was intended for.

I have travelled both personally and for business across Canada and the Prairie region
for 30 years and never had to pay for hotel parking. I was somewhat surprised when told I would have to pay $12.00 per nite to park my vehicle in your under ground parkade. I was disappointed in this.

On Friday May 20th late afternoon a larege group of kids was using the swimming pool and slide. there didn't appear to be anyone supervising them. They were jumping all over the place. As one well experinced in swimming pool and water safety I was a liittle surprised at such mayhem - with disregard for other guests.

Overall our stay was good except for what I have mentioned. As Saskatoon is a vibrant and progressive city I hope that the Hotel will review its policies with what I have outlined above.

G Macpherson
Winnipeg MB

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank agm159
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words and very useful feedback, it is so important for us to see our hotel through the eyes of our guests and grow our service culture from there. I am very grateful that you have taken the time to share the positives as well as the opportunities you encountered and I will most definitely review this with my entire team. Please know we do our best to enforce the city bi-law on smoking zones and I am currently waiting on additional signage that I hope will support a welcoming first impression for all of our guests. Should you return to Saskatoon in the future do not hesitate to contact me direct for assistance.

Have a wonderful and safe summer of travel.
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was in Saskatoon for a convention and this hotel was booked for me through my office. First problem that came up was the seeming inconvenience I was to the hotel staff when I called to double check my reservation. Maybe they were just busy. Hotel is very nice- Welcoming and well-lit entrance. Underground parking was awesome, although somewhat precarious if you have a 1/2 ton work truck, but was nice to get into a warm truck in the morning. Check in was delayed due to the number of people working vs. the number of guests. Agent that served me was very courteous and helpful (Marci???) The restaurant downstairs was great- good food, good service. Stone-oven pizza was great! Room was nice, clean- lots of hot water, internet was hit and miss. Room temp was decent. Hallway was pretty noisy. Around bedtime I got fed-up and called the front desk. Agent was courteous, but I could tell they really did not want to have to deal with the situation. After 20 mins. a co-worker and I "politely" confronted the intoxicated people in the hallway and got the situation resolved instead. In reading some of the other reviews this seems to be a common occurrence, which is unfortunate as this is a nice hotel. Overall, I would stay here again. Like most areas of the service industry the customer service is hit and miss, but hotel is clean and comfortable. If I could change anything about this place I would hire security, especially for the weekends and maybe get better internet. This is probably a beautiful place to stay in the summer as well with it being so close to the River and park.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Cam_Taters
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your experience but mostly for the feedback on how we can improve the over all service you encountered. I will definately discuss building security with the outside company we are currantly using as it is our expectation that they are visiable and proactive in all situation, I am sorry for the frustration you encountered.
Please do not hestiate to contact me direct in the future if I can be of any assistance.

Have a safe and wonderful summer.
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Had a reservation for 2 nights. I had to move rooms between night one and two. Received key card to new roon in AM. Front desk staff stated room was already cleaned and was ready if I would like to drop luggage off . I declined. After finishing a day of work went to new room with key cards and luggaged. They did not work. Heard noise from room and knocked. Front desk staff admitted my reservation was cancelled and room givin away. No explanation! How can a reservation be cancelled when i was already given keys to the room? Brutal. Never, ever again will I stay at a Radisson, thanks to Saskatoon Radisson .

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Radisson
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
13 Thank BKB693
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
On behalf of the entire team at the hotel I apologize for this very unpleasant experience. Unfortunately this was a result of human error and is certainly not a situation that has ever happened at the hotel before. I am so sorry for the frustration you encountered and do hope we can speak in person as I would be very grateful for an opportunity to regain your trust in Radisson.
I have left you my contact information via phone message earlier today and I look forward to speaking with you personally.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

It looks like this Radisson hotel is more a party room rental than a quiet hotel for tired business travelers. Was put up in a dingy little closet room on the 19th floor, even though I had Radisson Gold Points. Didnt find that to be a problem since I was only spending the night there between business meetings. Found out that it really was the closet to the room next door where there was some sort of kids party going on and the noise filtered through the almost porous walls. Called the front desk, complained and was moved to the other side of the 19th floor only to find out that there was another party going on, its 3am and am still up because the party next door has moved to the hallway with folks having drinks and talking loudly. If you are a tired business traveller looking for a good night sleep you have a better chance on Exit 11, I85 and I75 merge downtown Atlanta vs. this hotel.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank TaurV
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I must say I was shocked to read this as typically we do not experience concerns from our guest regarding the guest floors being loud. I followed up with my teammates regarding Saturday evening when you were with us and spoke to the associate that moved you at 10:00 PM on a Saturday evening. I was concerned that we did not move you from the floor completely, but rather 2 doors down. She may have misunderstood as she believed you wanted to stay on the floor close to another room you were travelling with. None the less this is of great concern to the entire team and I will definitely follow up and review with our security company as well. They are on shift all evening from 10:00PM to 6:00 AM and their main responsibility is to patrol the hotel for safety, security and quiet times.

I am so sorry for the poor experience and will be sure we learn from this.
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Quality business hotel in good location downtown. Nice lobby, OK rooms, expensive but quality restaurant. Long waits for elevators during busy times. Stairwell is creepy and uninviting. Parking garage is dingy and cramped -- parking is at many odd angles.

But the internet is crap. Too slow at any time and gets even more bogged down during high-use times. Front desk tells you to call the internet provider, Data Valet. The tech at Data Valet says there are just too many users. Call back to front desk and Marcie says, " You are the only one complaining." Wrong answer -- she must've been asleep during that part of the customer service training. Then told it might be my room location, so I tried the lobby and had same crawling service. I stayed for 12 days with lots of work to do each night, so got increasingly frustrated with the slow internet and inaction by staff. Stayed one night in a little budget hotel north of town on another project, and internet at that little bitty hotel was lightning fast. So the little budget hotel beat out the multi-million dollar Radisson for internet service. Then I come back to the Radisson, and the staff still says there is nothing they can do, and I'm the only one with a problem. In fact, all this hotel needs to do is to upgrade its bandwidth to provide the lightening-fast internet service that $200/night business guests expect and deserve. Seems simple to me. In the end, the hotel guarantees 100% satisfaction, but yet when I advised the staff that I was not 100% satisfied and expected compensation, I was offered nothing. Guess their happy little guarantee is just bull-talk, not real service.

Room Tip: Hotel is over-priced. Try for corporate rate.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank BobHanson
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
I am sorry that you encountered issues with the complimentary wireless and wired Internet service that we offer at the hotel, I assure you this is not a normal concern that we have encountered. We currently have Internet through Data Valet and after an investigation they did indeed had an equipment failure. The DNS Server had failed. This server translates www input into numbered addresses behind the scenes. Data Valet indicated that the server was replaced within 1 hour of the first call on Mar. 26th that they received.
Although Data Valet provides support and service we have an addition 100MB through Shaw. and both parties have assured myself and the hotel that we should be well equipped to more then satisfy our guest needs.
However I am very concerned about the issues you encountered and I will have both suppliers come together and review and test all areas of the hotel as this is a priority for our guests. Please contact me direct if you wish to discuss this further as we are grateful for all guest comments, they only help us to get better. Travel Safe.