“Best stay in Saskatoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Canada
“Best stay in Saskatoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

just stayed at the Parktown had a fantastic king room. The view of the river was amazing!! Really comfortable need and great pillows. The room was really clean very nice. I love this hotel. Found desert in my room welcoming me. What a nice touch. The front desk staff were very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Keli P
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks Keli for the kind review and really glad you appreciated the welcome package!
See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

this is a really nice hotel with a fantastic bar and a better restaurant the beds were cozy and the room was clean and quiet the cracking paint in the bathroom is a sign of needed TLC but everything else vwas up to snuff with coffee and a fridge in the room with a large tv to boot its close to a hosp with discounts for hosp visitors I would return to this hotel anytime im in saskatoon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas thank you for taking the time and acknowledging our full service hotel features. We are just finishing the last few bathroom renovations which will be finished shortly for you to enjoy even more!
Thanks again for reaching out
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

There is a certain standard among the Riverside hotels in Saskatoon that the Park Town just did not meet in my opinion. The plus side: beds are very comfortable, great pillows. Lobby is gorgeous and drinks and calamari in the bar were great. The minuses: our bath room looked like it had been siliconed and painted by a kindergarten student. The tap was separated from the wall and leaked. The thermostat had quit so we were awoken at 7 am sweating like crazy. This was after getting a 6 am wake up call we never requested. When we checked in, The desk staff called housekeeping to verify the room was cleaned and checked, but 5 minutes into our stay a maid let herself in to the room before we could get up to answer the knock.

Finally, the convenience of underground parking was marred by the gentleman who seemed to be using a sweeping machine to clean the garage when we left. He kicked up so much dirt so near our vehicle that we could not breathe. There are some things that should be done in off hours, not right at check out.
Definitely not up to Saskatoon standards.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rj7341
Dear rj7341

I am very sorry to hear about your visit and want to apologize. We are currently finishing up the last few bathrooms of our renovation and should be completed shortly. The other service standards of the incorrect wake-up call and housekeeping entering your room abruptly have been addressed. Thank you very much for the feedback so that we may correct these service issues.
Also I would like to apologize for our over zealous maintenance personnel who wanted to try out our brand new dirt sweeper...and yes albeit at the wrong time.
Please try us again so we may show you what our service standards are really like.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was attending a conference in Saskatoon (May-june 2014). I had a lovely room which was reasonable and the location of the hotel is perfect. it is close to the river and I could take nice long walks around the area during my breaks. I didn't have my car but the hotel offers a complementary shuttle service which runs from Monday to Saturday and they will drive you to anywhere within Saskatoon provided you book a time slot at reception. All the staff are very cheerful, friendly, helpful and efficient. I would definitely recommend people to stay there and given the chance to go back to Saskatoon, I will definitely go back to Park Town Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the response Rudo. I also think that our service and staff at the Park Town do an excellent job as well! The shuttle service we provide is complimentary and we believe necessary for great customer experiences!
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was attending a conference in Saskatoon. I was on a limited budget - which didn't cover the prices of the conference hotels. The Park Town was perfect. It was within walking distance of the conference hotels. I had a great room overlooking the river. It was bright, clean very quiet and in a great location.. The staff were very professional and friendly. Parking was easy (and free). Breakfast was yummy. (I had the B&B package). On day 1, I went to the dining room, the 2nd day I had room service. After sitting all day in the conference, I enjoyed the walk along the river. Free wifi was also a bonus. And, loved the coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: Book a river view room. The view is lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cuteluke thank you for such a complimentary Trip Advisor response. At the Park Town we offer tremendous value from our competitors because we are a family owned hotel and do not belong to any franchise, therefore we avoid the franchise costs associated as such. We are 3 blocks away from others hotels but the walk along the river is beautiful and if the weather is off, we also have the complimentary shuttle service. Throughout the last year we have added Keurig coffee makers and we have free wifi at 100mbps......this will soon be ever better with a fibre connection!
Thanks again Cuteluke!
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great stay at the Park Town in Saskatoon. Comfortable beds, great staff! Room was beautiful, one king bed, very comfortable! Location is great! Try to get a room with view of the River. Parking was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wheatlandpair thank you for taking the time post your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your Park Town Dream Bed!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here recently on a visit to Saskatoon. It was an entirely pleasant experience from top to bottom. The staff are very nice and helpful, particularly Danielle, the conceirge, who was endless helpful. I stayed in the Penthouse and it was really fantastic. Its a two story suite with an amazing view of the river and bridge and these soaring, vaulted ceilings with a massive fan style window. The sheets were soft and clean, the bathroom was huge and had a jacuzzi, shower and so on. Totally fun. With soft, white terry cloth robes to wear. The room service was fast and inexpensive and reallly amazing. I worked out in the excercise room and took a swim, both great!. I walked by the river which is accross the street...i went both ways ..both ways are great on the river. Even the breakfast we excellent and reasonably priced. I highly encourage people staying here...oh and its a 5 minute walk to the downtown core. Thanks!

Room Tip: ask for high up floor and riverside, its a great view of the beautiful, hypnotic river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dark W
I am glad you enjoyed room 711. The nicest room in the city of Saskatoon with the best view...hands down! Thank you for the feedback on the brand new Fitness Center, it really is top of the line. I also agree that the 5 minute walk to the other hotels is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!