“Excellent room”

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
“Excellent room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great stay at the Park Town in Saskatoon. Comfortable beds, great staff! Room was beautiful, one king bed, very comfortable! Location is great! Try to get a room with view of the River. Parking was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Wheatlandpair thank you for taking the time post your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your Park Town Dream Bed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here recently on a visit to Saskatoon. It was an entirely pleasant experience from top to bottom. The staff are very nice and helpful, particularly Danielle, the conceirge, who was endless helpful. I stayed in the Penthouse and it was really fantastic. Its a two story suite with an amazing view of the river and bridge and these soaring, vaulted ceilings with a massive fan style window. The sheets were soft and clean, the bathroom was huge and had a jacuzzi, shower and so on. Totally fun. With soft, white terry cloth robes to wear. The room service was fast and inexpensive and reallly amazing. I worked out in the excercise room and took a swim, both great!. I walked by the river which is accross the street...i went both ways ..both ways are great on the river. Even the breakfast we excellent and reasonably priced. I highly encourage people staying here...oh and its a 5 minute walk to the downtown core. Thanks!

Room Tip: ask for high up floor and riverside, its a great view of the beautiful, hypnotic river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dark W
I am glad you enjoyed room 711. The nicest room in the city of Saskatoon with the best view...hands down! Thank you for the feedback on the brand new Fitness Center, it really is top of the line. I also agree that the 5 minute walk to the other hotels is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at the Parktown for one night for a work conference mid-April. I hadn't been there in several years & the stay was great.
We were early & the front desk was very helpful in getting our groups rooms ready. And in a pleasant surprise, 3 out of our 4 rooms received a complimentary upgrade. So nice!
My room was a jacuzzi suite overlooking the river. Beautiful & one of the nicest jacuzzi rooms I've stayed in. Can't really comment on value as it was an arranged conference rate & free upgrade. Definitely worth that price but not sure what the regular price is.
Wonderful bed, huge bathroom (although a very drab colour), sitting area & plenty of space.
Our upgraded rooms were excellent but I can see being disappointed with the back alley views or a smaller room.
The front desk staff were great both check in & check out. Food is good (nothing spectacular but good) in room service, conference/banquet service & restaurant. Everything is clean & working properly. Didn't use the pool or hit tub but walked down there & it was very nice, bright & clean. Cute pub next door with off sale. Always a plus.
Overall a pleasant stay & would
Not hesitate to go back or recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
McChif

Thank you for the response to your stay at the Park Town. We are able to offer huge value to our guests in the room rates because we are an independent hotel. You will be glad to know that your particular bathroom will be upgraded in the next 2 weeks with a glassed-in shower, new vanity, light paint, etc. The room will be outstanding! I also agree with our pub Finn's. It is very comfortable, friendly and affordable!
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Parktown is a great place to stay, rooms are great and the beds our very comfortable. The Management and stay are outstanding and really care about their guests.

Location is great and you can have a room over looking the River which is great at any time of year.

Would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Thank you Darryl Caudle, Rose and Kisha!!

Will return again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christopher Lake, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at the Park Town many times and have always been very happy. I was looking forward to two nights with my husband. The room we were given was on the main floor and was not great. The windows are high so all you see are car tires and legs and feet. The furniture looked like rejects from better rooms. The bed was wonderful. The fan in the bathroom was very noisy and the light couldn't be turned on without the fan running. We could hear noise from rooms over us. All in all a disappointing experience. The meals were great and I recommend the buffet. Not sure we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newfie2013
Newfie2013 very sorry that your stay was not up to the previous visits. The bathroom fan was very loud and has been changed over to a whisper quiet unit. Thank you for the feedback!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hotel room was great, nice view of the river. Convenient parking in the parkade and the hotel restaurant earned a home run with their fantastic Sunday Brunch. Fitness centre was well equipped, pool was perfect temperature for a swim and the hot tub rounded out the evening perfectly.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor beside the elevators. The room was surprisingly quiet and void of elevator...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank InToonwithWife
ToonwithWife

Very happy that you had a great experience with our new fitness center and updated waterpark. Thanks for the awesome review on our Sunday Buffet, it does seem to be a hit with many local guests as well.

Thanks again
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I don't usually write reviews but I felt the lack of customer service my husband and I experienced at this hotel was beyond horrible. We had a Jacuzzi suite for our honey moon night. I would consider myself a fairly patient person and this hotel experience made me feel the need to write an accurate review on my hotel experience with Park Town Hotel in Saskatoon.

Our room service was late and because the food sat in the metal trays...it was soggy and gross. I've never had such a bad food.

The power went out for HOURS ... and we were unable to use the jets for our Jacuzzi tub. We had no power... so our phones could not be charged, I couldn't use my hair dryer, the fire alarm went off and on and so on...no working elevator and we were on the 6th floor.

The hotel manager decided to hide out in the back instead of dealing with a bunch of upset costumers. The front desk lady, did the "best" she could and offered us $20.00 off our stay. I had to ASK for compensation for all the occurring issues! That on it's own is POOR service. For being front of house, her damage control skills were not very good and she was often looking irritated and impatient. It was a complete slap in the face and VERY POOR business. I understand it's not the hotel's fault the power went out, but in business, sometimes you have to take responsibly anyhow. It is their job to take the costumers complaints and try to remedy a bad experience. We paid over $200.00 for our room and I expected a good experience...especially because it was our honeymoon night. We paid for a service, and the service wasn't even close to adequate.

My husband and I travel often to Saskatchewan but we will NEVER stay at this hotel again. It's a shame because on the inside it's quite nice, but the service and compensation for the hassle was not present. Revamp your management and this could be an exceptional experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 573Nikki
573Nikki

Very sorry for your experience with the power failure. Unfortunately this was a major failure for approx. 1/3 of the city and the entire west side. This took place for over 3 hours and was out of our control from 9am - noon.

Sorry once again