Park Town Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The James Hotel(Saskatoon)
Delta Hotels Bessborough(Saskatoon)
  • Pool
Refresh Inn & Suites(Saskatoon)
1,000 results
All reviewsfour seasonsthe riverirish pubpresidential suiteshuttle service isuniversity hospitalfree shuttleclose to downtownnice hotelgreat place to stayenjoyed my staygreat roomunderground parkingnice staycomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffparktown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

For any of you business travelers, you already know that Saskatoon hotels are more than happy to overcharge you for a room. For that reason alone, I schedule my trips to not include an overnight in Saskatoon. There is the odd time that I don't have much choice and that happened last week. When I do stay, I usually stay at the Park town because while the rooms are dated, they are clean and I enjoy the lounge after a long day.
I booked a room here and when I arrived, it was difficult to find a place to park. The parking lot was filled with snow and ice. There were a few spaces but most had large ice hills and I didn't really want to leave my vehicle leaning on an angle all night. There are signs everywhere asking if you purchased your ticket. What??
I check in, the lobby is under renovation. I don't see the lounge anymore. It's under renovation as well. I ask about the parking. Yes, it's now 8 dollars for outside and 10 dollars for underground parking. I'm not impressed. I tell the clerk that while I'm not blaming him, I will no longer stay at this hotel. I'm told that they were the last hotel in downtown Saskatoon to charge for parking. Perhaps they should use that as a selling feature to those who are considering the Holiday Inn Express for 204.00 a night that includes free parking. What a head shaker.
I was given a room facing the river which was nice. The rooms are nicer on that side. I can't comment on internet speed because I'm so tired of weak hotel signals I now use an air card.
Bed was comfortable. Can't comment on food because the restaurant and the lounge were closed but the O'Henry bar in the vending machine was excellent!
I'm so done with getting ripped off by hotels in Saskatoon. I'll drive the extra hour or two after my day is done to stay somewhere reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are nicer and more up to date.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank westcanguy
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your response and sorry for your experience.
Yes we are charging for parking now. $8 per day which offers electricity and covered parking spots. For $10 we offer heated underground. We were he last downtown hotel to charge for parking and our 50% less than other locations. Downtown does not include past Idywyld where some other hotels are located. We have over 200 spots available in our Parkade complex which includes 120 in the Tower, 50 underground and some surface spots as well.
Saskatoon has had an extremely rough year with snowfall and therefore snow removal has been difficult. We have a company to service our excess snowfall, but as you can imagine they are behind as all snow removal companies are literally swamped. We have our staff equipped with snow blowers and sweepers but this only pushes the snow.
I noticed that you checked in during our Civic Holiday and we were running limited hours in our outlets leaving only vending machines or outside deliveries later in the evening. We are please to annoucnce that our new Lobby Lounge will be open in approx. 1 month, but that would have also been closed earlier during the holidays.
Our free high speed internet has now been completely overhauled to include great coverage and Broadband 100 speed, (next couple weeks incresing to 250). Further we have now introduced HD in all guestrooms and outlets of out hotel.
Once again sorry for your experience. Please try us again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I will begin with the positives...the supper buffet was really good, and they had a very impressive spread. The pool and hot tub were really nice, and the poolside staff were very friendly. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. It was unfortunate that the room they promoted on their website was not the room I got. I was very disappointed, as I thought I was getting the Executive Suite. On the website, they wrote that the room would have a fireplace, two robes, and a daily paper. I got none of that. I got a lovely view of the dumpster in the back parking lot. No fireplace, no robes, no paper. When I called the front desk to inquire, the young man began arguing with me that I had not booked such a room - even when I had the confirmation printout in my hand. To their benefit, they did give me a small discount. When I went to check out, nobody asked how my stay was. I was hoping for a relaxing break, but it was not at all was I had been hoping for.

Room Tip: I recommend that you ask to see the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy O
Reviewed February 2, 2013

To start off I do have to say the room was clean and most of the staff was friendly. But then I have to say what I didn't care for. The bed was small I've never seen a queen size that small. Internet was slow, and not all of the surrounding sidewalks were shoveled, great if you only want to eat in the one restaurant with a rude waitress. I'll stay at one of the 6 hotels down the street next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if your planing to sleep in the same bed as your spouse.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jamesjegen

Thank you for your feedback.
I would like to comment that the Internet has now been upgraded throughout the Park Town and is running Broadband 100 and next week we will further upgrade to the highest level available of Broadband 250. There was some minor glitches during the transition unfortunately. Sorry for the service you received in the restaurant. The restaurant manager has been advised and we also have our Irish Pub Finn's as another resource. Next month the new Lobby Lounge will be re-opened as well.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Styed here one night, the lobby was under renovations so it was not appealing, but the stay was nice even if it was -41C with the wind chill. We phoned ahead to make sure that we could get spot underground to park our vehicle. The rooms were nice, beds and pillows were comfortable. The wifi was not reliable, even though it said connected at 65.0 mb, dial up from the 90’s was faster. I would like to stay here again in the spring or summer to enjoy scenery. It was too damn cold to walk very far.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view towards the river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed here several times and it never loses it's appeal. We always seem to get a room with a view of the South Saskatchewan river. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The beds are comfortable. The location is hard to beat because it's right at the corner of Spadina Cresc. and College Ave.(25th Ave.) You are walking distance to downtown and/or a nice walk along the river. They also have special rates for those staying there when they have eye surgery the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family