“Stayed here a few times on business - pretty bland place”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Winnipeg, Canada
“Stayed here a few times on business - pretty bland place”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not good, not bad. Very mediocre. Rooms are clean. Room-service is very plain. Although they say it's a downtown hotel, you can find others closer to the action. It is very close to the university though. Nice walkways along river. DO NOT GET A ROOM NEAR ELEVATORS...ONE ROOM ON EACH FLOOR IS RIGHT BEHIND THE ELEVATOR AND YOU CAN HEAR PEOPLE IN ELEVATOR ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NishTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Yesterday my wife required a early check in at the Park Town Hotel in Saskatoon to get ready for a medical procedure. We were so impressed with the staff when we made the request for a 10:30 am check in (normal check in is 3 pm ) Even though the hotel was very busy they hustled around and found us a room of the type we have used in the past and at the usual medical appointment rate. This hotel has all the features a traveller could want and is close to the downtown and all three Saskatoon hospitals. It may not be as fancy as some large city hotels but it certainly offers good value for your money and excellent service!

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 71Happytraveller
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I will admit that as a seasoned traveler on the Prairies, I always try and avoid staying in Saskatoon if possible. The city is fine...I used to live there but the hotel choices and in particular, the prices in that city are horrible. It's cheaper staying at the same chains in Edmonton and Calgary! While I'm a Priority club member, I refuse to pay 200.00 for a free breakfast so when in Saskatoon, I stay at the Park Town. It's an older property and the parking isn't great but I find the staff to be friendly. The rooms are dated and like other guests, I have noticed the dusty smell when using the a/c but that goes away very quickly. I also find that there is a lack of handy plug ins for laptops, cell phone chargers, etc. Still, the beds are comfortable and I usually have my dinner in the lounge which is quiet and the food is good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had been trying for a couple days to book a hotel room in Saskatoon, everything was booked. One day before our arrival, we lucked out and were able to make a reservation with this hotel. Everyone was very nice, accommodating and professional. The room was on the 4th floor with a view of the parking lot, but no worries... Maybe next time we will be on the opposite side.
The room was very clean. The bed was comfy, nice sheets and pillows. The bathroom was clean. The hotel it's self was better than what we expected. Super quiet... No noise from hallway or neighbors.
One of the cleaning staff was working in the room adjacent to ours when we were going down for breakfast. She poked her head out and offered to make up our room while we were out! We thanked her but declined because we would be checking out right away. When we returned from breakfast to grab our bags from our room, she was still cleaning rooms on that floor.... She asked if we were leaving now and wished us safe travels and to come again! So nice!
We were glad to have the coffee maker in the room. Ate our breakfast in the restaurant down stairs. Awesome waitress, good food and wonderful view of the river.
Our only complaint was the parking... We were driving our one ton diesel long box truck and had some problems with the parking spaces. But that was expected! Not the hotels fault.
Overall, very happy with our stay, will not hesitate to book this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mexicogir
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had my wedding at the Park Town Hotel this past August. The staff was friendly and very helpful along the entire way, I stayed in a standard room with a river view the night before the wedding and in the AMAZING presidential suite the night of and Sunday after. Everyone was friendly, rooms were clean, the food at the hotel was amazing plus there is a pub right in the hotel which made for a great meeting place for friends and family. Most of our 140 guests were from out of town and staying right in the hotel and all of them had a great experience and told me they would recommend the hotel to friends or family visiting Saskatoon.

If you are considering getting married in Saskatoon the Park Town is the perfect place to have your reception, recent renovations to the rooms give them a great modern feel plus compared to other downtown hotels the price is very reasonable for both rooms and dinner.

An easy 5/5 rating from me, my new wife, and all the guests that stayed during the wedding.

Room Tip: Any upper floor room overlooking the river gives you an amazing view of the best part of Saskatoon
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The location is good for access to the river and to downtown. But there wasn't anything else about the hotel that would encourage me to come back. The room was very average and the beds were comfortable enough. The weather was very warm when we visited Saskatoon, but we couldn't run the air conditioner because it seemed to be emitting a fair bit of dust and an unpleasant odour. The parkade isn't actually attached to the hotel, which isn't a big deal, except the area between the parkade and the hotel entrance always had quite a number of smokers loitering about.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pimmingswool
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Mr. Pimmingswool. I would like to respond by advising you that we have began a preventative maintenance room check process to ensure that all rooms are working accordingly prior to all new arrivals. The parkade which is 20 feet away from the entrance is covered and all stalls are electrified and has elevator access to the ground level. Also part of the parkade is a heated underground parkade which has direct access to the hotel. Thank you for the comments on our dream beds as we have certainly invested on these! Very important to have a great sleep in our business. I can assure you that a focus of mine is to move smokers away from the entrance of the hotel and have already installed signs to do this.
Hope to see you again at the wonderful Parktown riverfront hotel.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked at the Park Town because it was $129, not $159 like the hotel I did want to book at downtown. I should've splurged. Check in was nice. The front counter people were friendly and helpful. The main lobby is nice looking but the hallways/ rooms need updating. The bathroom is very small (and I've been to NYC where the bathrooms are known to be small).
Pros:
- beds are comfy
- fridge
- price
Cons:
- bedspreads are so dated looking
- our key expired after one day, even though booked in for 2. Pain in the BUTT!!!
- asked for a river view when booking and when checking in but got a view of the pool roof
- lots of people smoking outside the doors
- smell of damp, dusty all the time

Room Tip: I don't know, thought I was getting a river view but it sucked
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wns141
Dear WNS141 thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Parktown Hotel. I am pleased to announce that we are just finishing the final touches on our design for the entire main floor, which includes an open lobby,new front desk, new lounge developement and newer touches to our all day restaurant. This is targeted to begin around Decemeber of this year. As well we continue to focus on our bed product. We will soon be complete in this endeavour, having our own "Dream" bed with triple sheeting and duvets! I wish I could give everyone a great riverview room but that is not possible. We have a large number of riverview rooms but they are not guaranteed by request, although we do try our best. We are also moving smokers away from the hotel, and have already started this process.
Thanks again and hope to see you again at the Parktown Hotel.