“awful”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Park Town about 6 times and will not be coming back. On two of my week-long visits, the room was unbearably hot, and no amount of adjusting the thermostat stopped the hot air from blowing into it. Even with windows wide open (with cool outdoor temperatures), the room was too hot to sleep in comfortably. It was fairly quiet, but my room during a previous stay had very loud mechanical noises. Both times, the front desk sent a maintenance person to help - but no solution was found. I asked to be moved to a different room. This was not possible on the first night, but I was assured that a staff member would call the following day to try to relocate me. I did not hear back from them, despite staying 5 nights.

4  Thank Kyle741
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was waiting for a report from my Front Office Manager to find out what happened and I am sorry to say we "messed up". We were suppose to get back to you and we failed to meet your needs and for that I truly apologize. As far as the heat issue it is a very difficult time of year for all hotels as we tend to be cautious starting our air conditioning units as the next day we could have freezing temperatures that could damage our roof top units.
Again I am sorry for the issues you had on your last stay with us; may I assure you we will do better next time.

There are newer reviews for Park Town Hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Clean rooms excellent restaurant. The staff at front desk so helpful and go out of there way to go above and beyond. Have made at least 5 trips to Saskatoon for medical reasons found this hotel the first time and would not think of staying any where else.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the river awsome
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peachy91
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Was in Saskatoon for a conference in March of 2012. The Park Town shuttle picked us up at the airport & was usually around during the day on weekdays for short drop offs around town. Front desk was very welcoming to talk to & our room was very big & wasn't bothered by any noises during the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for highest floor possible
2  Thank Pete905416
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here for an extended period of time from January to March, 2012. Overall, my stay was good. I found the front desk staff to be very accomodating and friendly. The housekeeping staff did a good job, nice coming into your room with your bed made, and fresh linens! There was one incident that occurred with other guests in February, and they were promptly removed after a couple complaints. Had an issue with finding parking during the weekends as the attached bar/pub was always packed which brought lots of traffic, but that's to be expected.

The location was great, right on the river, downtown. Went for quite a few walks! The restaurant was alright... Sunday brunch was the highlight!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrunetteKiki13
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Rooms: Clean. View is great, overlooking the river. In the under $200 per room range, this is probably one of the top bang for the buck views you can get. The windows are large and it almost feels like you are outside.

Location: Downtown. Good

Value: Good. Quiet and the parkade is great covered parking.

Reason for stars: The rooms are clean and the location is great. But best of all is the views. I don't generally look out the windows when I'm in a hotel but this time I have been glancing out just to see the view. It's almost soothing.

1  Thank feedthetraveller
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for your favorable review of the Park Town Hotel. We agree our location with the amazing view of the river is fabulous. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed here my last two times through the city now. Nice, clean rooms at a reasonable rate. I'm afraid that I can't give the restaurant as glowing a review but it's only a short walk to find many opions in downtown Saskatoon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CameronHodge

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. I'm sorry your experience in our Dining Room was not as favorable. We have very extensive breakfast and dinner menus, plus a variety of buffets we offer to try and meet our guests requests. We trust we can change your view of our Dining Room on your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We recently spent a couple of nights here and were pleasantly surprised by our accomodations. We were given a corner room on the top floor with a river view.

The pros: Excellent view. Clean room. Polite staff. Central to everything. Modern equipment in fitness room. Quiet at night. Room had everything we could want. Maids didn't wake us up early like some other places. Restaurant was good.

The cons: All minor complaints.... odd layout for bathroom. Get tickets early for the comedy club as they were sold out by late afternoon. Cigarette butts all over the parking area. Cable TV only. Swimming pool ph level must have been off a bit as I was getting blemishes/blotches while in it.... cleared up once I showered.

Overall: definitely recommend staying at this hotel. Guarantee we will be back. All the cons are minor and are heavily outweighed by the pros.

9.5 out of 10 !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shaykespeeer
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your comments are appreciated.
Our Laugh Shop Comedy Club has an amazing following; we are sorry you were unable to purchase tickets - hopefully next visit.
We have a continual issue with smokers and we regularly, as courteously as possible, encourage them to use our designated smoking area. We have added extra "clean ups" of the parking area used by smokers so we are confident you will see an improvement on your next visit with us, thank you again.