“Great location, nice hotel”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Unfortunately, we had a view of the parking lot, but otherwise this was a great hotel. Our room was small, but it didn't bother us. The air con was loud, but while we were there it was above 30, so we welcomed any relief. It would have been nice to have a breakfast included in our price as we thought it was a little pricey for Saskatoon. Also, there was a leak from our bathroom ceiling, but we didn't notice it until we checked out. Great pub attached!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Park Town Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Park Town is clean, friendly, and you just can't beat the views from the river side. Comfortable beds, good TVs and nice updating of the decor.

Downside? Disgusting smokers crowding the covered entry ways - someone should be herding these folks away from the entrance. The phlegm-wads and spit puddles as you enter the hotel are GROSS, why is nothing done about this?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and your positive comments. We do struggle keeping people away from our entrance even with signage and a designated smoking area. Our maintenance department does daily outside cleaning but I will again remind them of this very sensitive area. Thank you again for your constructive criticism it is appreciated.
Judy Harwood, General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at the Parktown for years, both for travel and leisure. You can't beat the view from the riverside rooms, especially at night. The location is just right for a short walk to the downtown or across the bridge to the university. The rooms have recently been redone and are very lovely and clean.

The restaurant serves a great traditional breakfast and you can tell there are lots of regulars. I do find we go elsewhere for dinner as their evening menu has been the same for many years. I know some people like this homey kind of food but when traveling I want something a little more creative.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your very positive review on our hotel. We have worked hard on making changes to the hotel, with more to come.
I will talk with Chef about our menu and the possibility of adding some different items or perhaps a daily special.
We look forward to serving you in the very near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting my husband. On the first night he came to stay with me, he park in the stairwell parking cause there's no other spots to park in, and his car got broken into! I realist it's a 'park at your own discretion' but there was suppose to be a security guard patrolling. 3 other cars got broken into as well. I think that says something.. Now In my experience most hotels would do there best to offer something to make the rest of my time worth while.. But not here. We got nothing. No complimentary dinner, no money off our bill, not even a sincere sorry. I spent 500$ to stay here and it sucked. I order
Room service and the food I got was overcooked frozen packaged food. It was gross. And certainly not worth anymore money then I'd pay at mcdonalds. The room was average an the view was nice but I paid way to much for a crappy weekend here. I got 2 days to see my husband, whom I haven't seen in a couple months which is why I thought it ok to splurge a bit in a nice looking reputable hotel. I regret my decision to book here and I'm very irritated at the service they neglected to deliver to me. Ice been treated way Better at travelodges and motels. I will never stay here again and I will never recommend this place for anyone to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank MichelleBurbank
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Thank you for your comments even though they express your unsatisfactory stay with us. We have security that patrols our parking lot and parkade on a regular basis seven days a week, unfortunately, security makes regular rounds so they are not in the same area all the time. If someone decides to vandalize a car they will wait for the opportune time to do so. The police recommend not to leave any valuables in your vehicle that are visible to a would be thief.
You were also not happy with your room service meal and I promise we do not serve "frozen packaged food" on our menu. I did check with Room Service and it appears you did not let anyone know of your displeasure, with your order, as we could have solved your concerns at the time.
Please note secured underground parking is available.
Thank you and we hope to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I have stayed at the Park Town on several occasions. It's a nice hotel that has never given me any reason to look for other accommodations. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and I slept well. Not much more that I could ask for.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed here one night for business in March 2011. Needed to be by the Royal University Hospital so this was a great location as it is about a 3 minute cab ride to the front entrance.

The taxi ride to the airport cost under 20 dollars and is about a 15-20 min ride. The first impression when you walk into the lobby is quite lackluster as it simply looks like the lobby of a 3 star hotel. Check-in was smooth and staff were nice.

Booked a two queen bed room, and it was a relatively good size and very clean. Bathroom was stocked, and also clean. TV was a 42 inch flat screen which was very nice. Beds were comfortable and noise from the outside and next door/ hallways was at a minimum (although you can hear the occasional car whip by).

Internet for me was not working that night and as a business traveler, I had to dock points for this. Luckily, another internet connection which I assume was the Saskatoon wide Wi-fi service was functioning and I used that instead.

Breakfast in the morning downstairs at the restaurant was decent and relatively well priced for a hotel restaurant. Check out was smooth and no problems there.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay, but since I booked the day prior to arriving, I paid a hefty price for what was a 3 star hotel all around. For me, the value was not great.
Pros: well located, clean, functional
Cons: value

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Georgeamazing
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We have been having a few issues with our Internet service and hopefully we have rectified the problem, I am sorry we did not meet your needs. We have an amazing location situated along the banks of the South Saskatchewan River with lovely walking trails and of course minutes from two major hospitals and the U of S Campus. It appears you did not use our complimentary shuttle service which is available Monday to Friday 8 - 5 pm for use by our guests. Our Shuttle picks up and drops off at the airport and trips to and from all the hospitals happen regularly throughout the day. This service may also be booked for business, shopping trips or any other travel within the city limits.
We have been renovating at Park Town for a number of years and our lobby is scheduled for work later this year or early next so I hope you will see wonderful changes.
Thank you again for taking the time to critique our hotel we hope to serve you in the near future.
Judy Harwood, CHA

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I love the Parktown! I've stayed there a few times over the years, and every time has been great. It's close to downtown, overlooks the river, and is well located to access other parts of the city. I've always ended up with a riverside room, which has a nice view night and day. Service is always great, the tasty Sunday brunch is enjoyed by many Saskatonians and guests alike, and the place is impeccably clean.
And the best part is, you get all of that for a very good price!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your riverside room, with the great view. Our staff is always grateful for positive feedback and the fact you appreciated our professional service, clean property and great prices goes a long way. We hope you return soon to the Park Town Hotel.