Delta Hotels Bessborough
  • Pool
$80
$76
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Saskatoon(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
$70
$79
Agoda.com
$90
Travelocity
All reviewsthe riversteam roomgrand old hotelrailway hotelclassic hotelclub floorbeautiful hotelheart of downtownrooms are smallcity viewstandard roomking roomfront desk staffcoffee makervisiting saskatoonpool and hot tubparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

A comfortable bed awaited us after a long drive in the freezing cold weather. We took advantage of the Signature Room for relaxing and snacking and appreciated the place to come for a cappuccino whenever we felt the whim. The hot hot tub was a great place to unwind. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I travel to Saskatoon very often and stay at the bessborough majority of the time. I always enjoy my stay here- Staff are all very friendly and rooms are consistently clean and relaxing. Spa downstairs is great and food from all restaurant locations is usually great.

I highly appreciate line of bath products their carry- Philosphy is an excellent brand and the shampoo/conditioner/sop etc are so wonderful to use. Definitely a plus and a welcomed change from the products other hotels carry

My only two complaints:

-Would be great if they comped parking (especially to their gold members) as you pay the same amount per day to park underground at the Sheraton across the street. I actually chose to stay at the Sheraton when I know the weather will be terrible to avoid having to drag my suitcase across a snowy parking lot or start my car in the bitter cold.

- their in room dining menu states that the menu at the front of their guide changes with the seasons to offer their frequently staying guests some variety in the menu. After 2 1/2 years of consistently staying here I'm not sure that it has changed even once! Not a big deal- but as a "foodie", having the opportunity to try new creations from the kitchen would be a delight

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
gmABTDeltaBES, General Manager at Delta Hotels Bessborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Britt T, Thank you for posting your review. I am glad that you enjoy your stays, the addition of the spa and the Philosophy amenities! While I apologise that it hasn't been more frequent I am pleased to let you that significant changes were made to the In Room Dining menus just this week. Among a number of new items we have added a specialty page featuring made to order Sushi from the Samurai Japanese Restaurant.

Andrew Turnbull

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Loved our time is Saskatoon, and would like to get the word out to other like-minded travelers!

We were taking the cross-country Canadian Rail trip from Toronto to Vancouver and had decided to plan a break and get out in Saskatoon for a couple nights. This turned out to be an excellent decision, and we would definitely recommend a visit to this “Paris of the Prairies” to all travelers wishing to touch ground in the area.

The train drops you off at 10:30 PM, so the station is pretty empty and not grand in any sense, and it is then a good $30 cab ride into the city center. The point is to come back to the same station at 10:30 PM a couple nights later and pick up the next train headed west. Reservations need to be made ahead of time of course.

We stayed at the Bessborough Hotel, locally referred to as “The Bess”, downtown on the banks of the South Saskatchewan River. The Bess is a lesser cousin of the larger and more famous clan of Canadian Pacific Railroad hotels (Chateau Frontenac, Banff Springs, etc.) and was something of an afterthought for the great railroad barons. Still, despite cheating a little on an historical scale, it is a fine hotel and well located near restaurants and street cafes, directly on the impressive river, and a short walk across the Broadway Avenue bridge to the university district. Being a college town, we found a theater festival the weekend we were there, as well as a lively farmer’s market.

We also took a day trip out to the Wanuskewin Heritage Park north of town. This is a First Nations archeological/sacred site, where a side creek has cut a ravine into the high bluffs of the Saskatchewan River, and were native peoples annually drove herds of buffalo over the prairie rim to supply food and materials for their winter caches. There is still an aura to the place that shouldn’t be missed if in the area, and a substantial museum and restaurant to provide creature comforts after hiking the creek area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank World_Wide_Wally
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and it is by far in my opinion one of the nicest hotels in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It is a beautiful old castle set on the river with an original exterior and a new interior.

Room Tip: Try and see if you can get river side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here for a night with the kids just for the fun of it! We rented a suit and it was very fancy looking but lacked the room that we needed for the kids to run around. I would have rather saved money and went to a cheaper hotel with bigger suits. I think we will leave this hotel for the posh people lol! The walk around the river was very convenient and the staff seamed very friendly continental breakfast was good but I had to haul a high chair into the locked breakfast room because there was non in the room and the server was absent. I was presently surprised to see that their swimming pool had salt instead of chlorine in it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have more than 1 child the rooms are too small. I recommend this place for couples with money to burn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
gmABTDeltaBES, General Manager at Delta Hotels Bessborough, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear June F, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. On average rooms are smaller in heritage hotels however they vary in size unlike the many cookie cutter hotels that are being built today. We do have a number of rooms suitable for families and of course highchairs are available.

Andrew Turnbull